Got a new charger-Miboxer C4-12, 4 slot X 3A/slot, total 12A output

It can handle 4A charge rates, but a lower rate will supposedly make it last longer (as in the number of total recharges).

Jason I can do that but most of the time they always stay in the hundreds with the 30Qs except for one today I got it down to 66.

I mostly use flat tops for my other flashlights. LG and whatever my purple Efest cells are. I heard Efest doesn’t make cells, just rewarap them.

I will try right now though. I also bought this charger for my larger cells because the D4 takes ages for the bigger 26650s.

Wow 4A! I didn’t know there were chargers that charged at that rate. I usually charge mine at max 2A. Usually 1.5A though.

I did one 30Q at a time and there is one cell that is being stubborn. I’m lucky to get it down to 150.
Here are the numbers now.

C1 85
C2 80
C3 46
C4 151

I don’t know of any chargers that can do 4 amps, but there might be a couple that can.

You can typically find all of the charge rate data by looking online for whatever particular battery you have. Just Google “LG hg2 specs” and you’ll find a PDF file that has all the data for that particular cell.

150 is not too bad.

You might have to do this every time or else switch to a “dumb” charger that doesn’t care about internal resistance (like the Xtar SV2 that can do 1A or 2A). Or have a friend/colleague remove the button tops and add a solder blob.

I don’t have any friends Jason. Seriously. Only online here. People are so rude around here.
It’s complicated. Very health wise

This % drop still puzzles me. I have never seen my C4-12 do that with any cell.

Me too. It only does it for the 30Qs. Weird. Charger works great other than that though.
It’s like a seizure (I have epilepsy/seizures), I don’t know when it’s gonna happen. It just does like my seizures out of nowhere. I got lucky with them YouTube vids and seeing it happen today. Completely random when I change to manual charge.

Try to get a cell to show high IR. If you can get it to read 999 (which is actually higher, the numbers just max out) then you should see it do that. I think it’s just the way the software works.

Exactly what I suspected. No idea where Richard get’s his 30Q button tops from, but they look similar to the Banggood cells with the short buttons on top. Liionwholesale BT’s are slightly taller, and has them spot welded on, thus the IR is low like it is with a flat top.

This sucks. Having a high drain cell with high IR kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a high drain cell, doesn’t it?

I wish I knew this before buying my button-top 30Qs from Richard last year.

What type of amp draws are you getting from them?

Are you capable of mailing them to me? I’ll remove the button tops and solder blob them for free. I’m in Houston, though so it’s a bit of a hassle.

I could mail them to you. I mail my flashlights to david down in texas when he mods them for me so its just a matter of me getting a ride to the post office. Ive never mailed the li ion cells before though. How do i go about doing that? They always ask about the batteries so idk if i need a special anything or what. PM me about it

Robert could you send me a link to the wholesale cells please? So i can look at them for most likely another purchase of these cells.
Dont want to get weird cells again.

I don’t know of a good way to check that.

Here you go.

Thanks Pete! :slight_smile:
They do look a bit different from the ones i got from richard. In a good way i think. We will see

Not C4-12 but from C2 6000. Cells are from Banggoods.