Got my XT-E drop-in today; first impressions.

Received my drop-in Saturday. It has the same color in the center all others have reported. Draws 1a at the tailcap. I would assume that it will run a long time at the current. I actually like the tint of the xt-e outside.

This is my first drop-in that is not an xml or green. I would think the xt-e would work with a smaller host like AA or 14500 type.

Would this led fit in the place of an xp-g in the reflector area?

edited

The LED base size is the same, but the dome is a little bigger than an XP-G: 3.06mm for the XT-E compared to 2.6mm for the XP-G.

Thanks for the info

Informative beam shots by brted, yet not, until we know the drive levels in these shots: If amperage in these beam shots all are equal, the xml is winner. However, a halogen might win if you pump 150 watts into it.

What are the current for each of these?

Runtimes for an ideal light should be 2 hr, 4 hr, 8 hr, 16 hr and 100 hr. 280 milliamps is max real world drive level for a work day work light.</rant?

The XR-E is just a budget drop-in so no telling the driving current, as is the Ultrafire XM-L which some people measure at 4A but is probably really around 3A at the tail. Those are essentially direct driven. The XT-E is a 1.05A 7135 driver. The XP-G and Nichia are at 1.4A 7135-based drivers (though the neutral XP-G above seems dimmer than it should; something may have been wrong with that one), the neutral XM-L was 2.8A with 7135’s. These were all P60 drop-ins and hosts.

Welcome to the family, degarb!