Gray Convoy S2+ SST40 1800lm + battery

Hey guys
i am new here both in this forum and to this ‘hobby’ :slight_smile:

i bought via banggood this flashlight “Gray Convoy S2+ SST40 1800lm” but i am a bit confused regarding the battery i should buy

i made a quick search and read about protected - non protected and as noob to all of this i got worry a bit so i need yr guidance on this

I found following one but based on the proposals i saw in this forum , it quite expensive and i dont know if it is justifys the price difference

Nitecore NL1835HP 18650/3500mAh 8Α
Samsung Flat Top 30Q 18650 , not sure if there is a protected version

I am located in Greece so any link to European seller would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance for yr help

I only use Samsung 30q and Sony Sony’s both unprotected

If my memory’s serves me right , the s2 that has the sst40 driver has low battery protection

S2+ lights from Convoy have low voltage protection and fit both protected and unprotected, flat and button top batteries. Just make sure that the max battery discharge rate is higher than what the light pulls on high.

In the S2+ with SST40 and the Convoy 5A driver I use the unprotected flat top Samsung 30Q and unprotected flat top Sony VCT6.The flashlight ships with both springs bypassed for less resistance than just the steel springs.

I mostly use medium setting since it provides the light needed for most of my uses.My light is pre availability of biscotti firmware.

This may be the best factory made S2+

Here in the US genuine 30Q batteries are often on sale in the $3.00 to $4.00 range.

I don't buy Nitecore….IMO overpriced.

Here is a link to a thread with links to reputable battery sellers worldwide.

If you have the same version that I do (and I believe you do) then the driver can pull a max of 5 amps. I also have a sst40 equipped Convoy C8+ with the same driver. I use unprotected cells in both because from what I have read these lights have good protection circuits.

Thank you for Yr replies… You convinced me to buy 2 unprotected Samsung q30 :slight_smile: