Green Diffuser for C8 host

Have anyone seen green diffuser for C8 host? I tried Fenix AOF-L but it didn’t fit. :frowning:

One could be Nitecore NFG 40, but i think that won’t stretch enough, have anyone tried?

Diffusers usually kill output. Just go with a green LED

Yes, i know that it does weaken output but that is not problem now. It is just that i don’t need two different flashlights, green version does not need to be that bright. There is plenty of light still after that Fenix version green glass, but it is just that it won’t fit well. :frowning:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S023278

this is only green glass, but could be the solution :wink:

I have these : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT-1-PCS-HI-MAX-NEW-C8-flashlight-lens-glass-lens-one-color-from-Red-Yellow/2006181043.html Fit on C8, Convoy L4, uniquefire t-20.
They are good but the glass is not attached so it can be troublesome to install them. Worst is they can rattle or drop if you don’t tighten them against the bezel enough.
Red is the best filter and preserve your night vision. Green is the least useful IMO.

Old topic but: Have anyone tried this to C8? It says 45mm so I think those fits to C8. Blue, green and red are available.

What’s the green filter for? Or, rather, what’s the green light for?

Some use green light for hog hunting. Check there if you want to know more of colors in flashlights.

Great link, appreciated!

Thank you very much for providing this link. I put a real blue led in my “mobile test lab”, and it scares the s* out of me every time I switch the light on. Lately I’m a bit in doubt if this was an even halfway wise decision.
But now I’ll wait for a very foggy night before I switch the led.

Um WHAT? It’s a proven fact blue light is the worst to penetrate any atmospheric condition…
What color is the sunset?

I thought the same. Blue/violet light experiences the most Riley scattering (which is also why the sky is blue). And fog lights are yellow. Highly skeptical about this.

Please ignore that ‘Flashlightuniversity’ link about LED colors. It is run by a flashlight shop and it is wrong in several points.
“Night Vision Green (495 nm): NVG LEDs, along with red LEDs, are useful for preserving night vision.” Oh No.
“Blue light is the only light that can cut through fog, which is why it is widely used for fog headlights.” Both wrong. Have you ever seen blue fog headlights?

Scientifically there is no light color/frequency that is significantly better to cut fog. Yellow head lights were invented in France in the 1930s but silently died in the 1990s.
Fog is not athmosphere. The distance flashlights can cover is much shorter that the way sunlight travels through the earth athmosphere.

This whole ‘light color’ stuff is a minefield of misunderstood physics. Just be careful when retelling old beliefs.

Can I ask what are yer qualifications/credentials, ( i.e. Experience in industry, degrees, etc.)

Not meaning to demean your opinion. It’s important though that when sumthing is discredited as inaccurate that there’s verifiable scientific based consensus to support it. Can you cite sumthing definitive that supports your position? Misunderstood physics?

I’m especially interested in contrarian scientific rationale supporting your “Oh no.” comment.

:student:

PS. IMNSHO I am cautiously skeptical of applying correlation = causation because of watt is commonly seen as a clear basis of validity. For this subject as an example, if one saw car headlights for the first time in their life would they be accurate in assuming that because headlights have a whitish tint they’re therefore likely best for preserving night vision?

I mean industry-wide car engineers would know best overall and that’s why they’re predominantly white tinted, right? Of course this is likely not why headlights are white tinted, yellow tinted, or even moreso today perhaps even blue tinted, I just chose ‘white’ as a starting point.

The point being is that just because auto fog lights are often yellow tinted does that mean that tint is likely best for cutting through fog?

PSS. Without googling it, my initial thinking is that they tend to be yellow tinted not because they cut through fog any better than other tints butt rather that a yellow tinted light warns everyone else that fog is/was present, or a car is dinstinctly approaching another separating itself from the usual glare of headlights. Just a couple of possible rationales. Ok. Now I’ll google it. :laughing:

PSSS. So I googled……many opinions out there and lotsa conjectures. Long wavelengths better (nope according to this Penn State Prof) butt in human practical neurological terms maybe so.

For hog hunters though green works best and that’s that. Real world experience. No ‘physics’ need then apply?

For the first topic (Green to preserve night vision), just follow me over there. :slight_smile:

About fog lights:

In the mid 1930s France stipulated yellow headlights for cars. A nice writeup of the story can be found here.

No other country in the world has ever done this. Why?

Now compare this with with “common knowledge”.
And try to find quality yellow headlight/fog light bulbs on the market. They are very good I heard.

Physically there is no color of light that cuts fog better. A summary is Glenn’s Treatise on a Preferred Color, or the Lack Thereof, of Fog Lights.

There has been a similar discussion over at CPF. Post #19 says it better than I could.

Sorry I captured this thread. Back to business now :wink: