Greetings from Down Under

Good choice, buy it and after that feel sorry if the charger not being use.
Hmm… let me make forecast:
Some 18650 with good duration will be good, 18650 with high current draw is necessary, some AA flashlights take 14500 too and become brighter, 10440 for AAA.
Then… oops it’s pity to not using that extra batteries, after that…… the stories continue …. may be up to this stage:

Welcome aboard hhaappii :smiley:

Welcome to BLF, hhaappii! :party: Like you, I have no Li-ion lights (yet), although single 18650 lights have been tempting.

Hi Chloe, how about start with XTAR-VP1 charger too :wink:

Hi Calmaja! Yes, that would be a great charger!

Thanks jacktheclipper, what you have outlined really sounds like the “flashlight lifecycle” of many avid members here!

That is very true indeed!

Hi Calmaja:http://budgetlightforum.com/user/7285, yes it does wonder me whether it is to buy batteries for the light, or buying lights for the batteries! Well, both seems logical reason to get either (or both)!

Yes! Lots of very tempting 18650 lights out there!! :party:

Yeah and the blue colour glow of display looks cool too (on photos)!

My signature

(Welcome from a fellow Aussie!)

My signature

(Welcome from a fellow Aussie!)

Morning lionheart_2281 :wink: Great collection you have there! Incidentally, P3 AFS was my very first purchase! And been using SC52 after sunset! :wink:

Hi, and Welcome to the Forum. Once you learn a little about the Safety aspects of Lithium, You will be awed by the Wow Factor and wonder what you ever did before them. Enjoy.

Please tell me you have unleashed the full potential of the SC52 with a lith ion 14500 battery?!
I use it as a daily for my job, never ceases to impress people, it’s clipped onto my pocket right this second!
If and when you delve into the wonderful world of lith ion batteries, you should get the Coke can sized Sky Ray King, it’s VERY impressive for it’s size, an absolute wall of light.

Where in Australia you from mate? I’m from Sydney.

Hi Toph, thank you for the very encouraging words! Indeed, the increased power level of Li over NiMH is really impressive!

Hi lionheart_2281, thank you for the well thought advice and suggestion for great lights! Yes for the SC52 I did get to try the 14500 briefly, using some complementary battery shipped with the purchase. But given that is the only Li-Ion I have and with no compatible charger, I thought it’s better to not deplete the cell too much. Currently that sole 14500 is sitting all lonely, waiting for insert some sweet dreams of mine here> :wink:

If you need a good, all round charger, I would recommend this one.
I will be upgrading to it from my i4 because it has smooth sliders and charges a bit faster.

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!

14 threads started and present on the main page.

Some mysterious member bumping most of my threads all at about same time :open_mouth: