GROUP BUY CANCELED AGAIN. Blackshadow Terminator T70

in terms of lumens and output, no. the rmm m6 is brighter by over 1000 lumens on its highest mode

PM me for price information without batteries.

I have that on order too :bigsmile: . The major advantage of the Terminator to me is the handle. This turns it into a totally different feeling light. I already have the older pre T70 version and like it a lot. With the very forward mounting of the handle it is designed to allow tailstanding without the handle hitting the table top and the balance in the hand is excellent. Also the handle is large enough for a 4 finger grip. This handle is much superior to the shorter bent metal strap handle on the SupFire L1 which is too short and located so that the light feels very front heavy.

The modded M6 is brighter and floodier and has a better UI and more/better levels.

The BST is throwier and has a nice handle and a light-up switch bright enough to serve as a moon mode and it looks more visually interesting. It might be able to handle more heat too, but I’m not sure.

One light says “… ’sup?” while the other is The TERMINATOR.

But seriously, it’s all about the handle. And how much throw you want. And availability; RMM can only handle somewhat small quantities.

I got my BST on sort of a whim because it was on a really good sale and I decided it was finally time to start modding stuff and it was a great mod host for a noob who wanted to make a wide-spectrum light. It is indeed easy to mod the emitters, and I hear it’s quite easy to bump up the output too, by removing some resistors. Nobody has yet changed its firmware though, so I might end up being the first to do that.

If you want maximum lumens in a small soda-can-sized package though, you probably want a MM15vn.

I’m in if without batteries. Depending on the price.

Hi, please PM me the price without batteries.
Thanks for your effort, much appreciated!

Blackshadow is refusing to supply wallbuys with lights. They saw we reopened the group buy.

Group buy is canceled. Sorry folks.

Good job blackshadow. I’ll never buy anything you make ever again.

Lol

Hmm… very strange… Black Shadow doesn’t have MAP policy :expressionless:

:frowning:

the next group buy will be organized by wallbuys, not me

this is the second time I have done most of the leg work voluntarily trying to help the BLF community, only to get shut down.

I am a little frustrated, but it is what it is.

If wallbuys has a better way to do something like this - have at it! lol.

What is their problem, you can buy 2 straight off Wallbuys website for $100 ea. I love BlackShadows lights but I hate BlackShadow the company.

Wow, BS isn’t exactly fostering a community, are they? Before this I didn’t know much about them as a company except that they had a tendency to set their prices higher than I can justify. I always kinda wanted a padme, and a fire, and a terminator, but they all cost way too much for what they were and there were almost always better products in the same class for significantly less. Then I finally got one of their lights due to a good sale and I was feeling pretty good about it. That is, until seeing what they did here, twice.

Not only did they totally fail to gain a bunch of excited new customers, but they probably lost some existing customers over the issue too. It’s not good to leave a bad smell in one’s target market communities.

this happened before with niwalker enforcing MAP…. and nitecore

blackshadow doesnt even know the price, but I am sure they know its lower than map if we are only discussing it via PM.

In the end the manufacturers only end up hurting their own reputation.

Thanks for the efforts though… we appreciated, it is frustrating to come up with the group buy for a good price only to be shut down because some people complain about the out put “it’s not as bright as the old one” if it’s using the same driver… why not just change the LEDs to the ones that you prefer?
but I can see the stand point from Wallbuys perspective too… why sell it at wholesale price and later on a lot of people will asking for the money back because according to some people ” it’s not as bright as the old one” and they will lose money.

It is much simpler if they just say Black Shadow is not supplying them any lights anymore because the group buy… have you notice on their website, if yo buy more than 10+ the price will be wholesale price? so it’s not hard to see if we can get more than 50+ order the price can be $82

Going off topic a little bit…
Tmart probably has learned their lesson from group buy on the HD2010 where they lost a lot of money because a lot of people complain and they want their money back or another light because their driver is not the East 092 driver ( although what they never mention it’s going to be east 092 driver in their group buy light)
btw I never get the light that they promise they’re going to send as a replacement nor they return any emails from me :Sp

So as you can see… BLF crowds are so hard to please… they want cheap and bright light but not willing to compromise, even if you able to get this light at much cheaper cost that the original OP group buy price, there’s just no way to please everyone here some people in here will find a bone to pick with :expressionless:

Just move on to the next group buy on another great light… so what if we don’t have Black Shadow T70 light in our collection? big deal… :Sp it’s their lost ( wallbuys and black shadow)
pssst… Warsun makes great lights at a great price too, why not arrange group buy on those lights :wink:

I am interested in the T70. Please PM me where I should buy it. Thank you.

the group buy is canceled

I see that, but wallbuys seems to still be selling it and you only have to order 2 to get the price down to $100. Is it safe ordering from them since they supposedly had their supply cut off? Is there any other place that sells this for around $100? I can’t seem to find it.

I don't think jmpaul320 will ever recommend BlackShadow to anyone anymore, anytime, anywhere... He's a little p'ed at them and I don't blame him Smile. He probably doesn't care at this point.

I don't know myself, so you may be on your own in taking the chance. WB may still have a small qty in inventory if they currently show it available. The qty 2 $100 is probably only in one order, one shipping location. The way WB (and BLF) does/did group buys is units can be ordered in qty 1 per shipping address. For a BLF member to receive a large # of units, then individually ship them out is expensive, PIA, and risky.

You got it.

I did a ton of leg work to try and set this up twice, including well over 200 private messages and several dozen emails. I don’t mind working hard for other members to score a good deal.

But black shadow is retarded and won’t be getting any of my business anymore. They repeatedly contacted me… telling me to cease and desist and remove my thread…. saying that I was violating MAP.

Black shadow can go to hell if they don’t like my thread.

All worked out in the end though. The light is under performing even in its “revised” offering and the UI is absolutely TERRIBLE.