GROUP buy for SingFire SF-349 . only 13,49 $ - COUPON ACTIVE -microUSB charging, and USB out powerbank

4.7Amps?
You know that the LED is actually absolutely un-cooled?

Yes i know but I am just charging my experience with the light, but do you think a copper or aluminum disk under the MCPCB can solve the heat problem ?

I had this light completely demounted - there is no place for that :frowning:
I demounted it for exactly that purpose - to look if I could put some aluminum under the LED. but there is no space, maybe .5mm - so no use.

Got mine today, 42 days after ordering. Possibly the best machined light you can get for less than $14. When are one of you modders going to gut it and drop in a huge heat sink between those cooling fins along with a new driver?

I would love to - but which driver?

A driver that goes on only by using the side switch - ?
RMM has this one: QLITE Momentary Switch LED Driver

But I don’t know, if this driver is switchable only by the side switch or if it needs a tailcap-switch as well.

But, then the charging won’t work (OK, you could use one of those cheap charging boards, but it won’t be easy to implement that) and no USB output and no LEDs giving you the charging status…

If they just would have made this light 3mm longer and add 3mm aluminum under the LED - I would be very happy with this light.

How does this light compare to this: LINK

Im not stupid enough to believe 2000lm, but is it a different bulb, or are they exactly the same? Do the included batteries have $8 in value?

Same light, batteries are not worth the $8.

Ok, thanks! Wasnt sure if the one on Amazon had a different LED.

Can this be powered by 2 CR123s or would that be too much voltage for the driver?

Don’t use CR123 batteries, not compatible. Get panasonic, sanyo, samsung, or lg 18650 battries and a charger. Can be recharged many times and will last for years.

Ugh ugh, I just got mine today, and mine also does not work as a power bank. Tried different cables, different phones, and also holding the button for 2 secs like in the russian review.

Any reason to not just use the usb charger built into the head? I am thinking of putting a USB port in my glove box that has power any time the vehicle is running and leaving it plugged in till its needed.

You can use it, didn’t read this whole thread, sure someone has tested it to make sure it works.

Just a warning, some people won’t use built in chargers because of the danger, kind of like a pipe bomb if the battery explodes. You are probably OK but you never know. If you do use the built in charger, place the light under the passenger seat(if empty) or in the back seat floorboard just in case. I will use built in chargers in a pinch but usually don’t and when I do it’s on a much more expensive lights, $100 +.

Definitely a thrower…the battery reading LED’s are VERY bright

For the price not a bad deal…using a Red laptop pull from Hagg911 and works great

Charger does charge decently…not the best conversion percentage but enough to charge something in an emergency if you need it

It could be the USB charge doctor…limiting the power out from the charger

Used mine tonight to work on my 1997 Ford Ranger that I am replacing the head in, worked for about 2 hours on medium hanging from the hood bar w/o dropping a led in power, and it sat idle for a month w/o use

i am happy that you all received a nice flashlight to use everywhere :wink:

Sorry to dig this post out of the graveyard, this has been one of my favorite lights. I was recently on a camping trip and ended up giving it away. Now I’d like to replace it with an affordable light that also has micro USB charging and can serve as a power bank.

I’m going to end up buying two lights, should I order these at the current price of $20, or is there something else I should consider instead?

this one REVIEW: Nitenumen NE01 (XM-L2 , 1x18650)
and a REAL power bank…… between 10k and 20k mah :slight_smile:

No the format it so nice!
I have two of these but cheaper without the USB and power bank function
I would be on the list for a groupbuy

+1 for another group buy for this flashlight (SingFire SF-249 or SupFire A3).