Group Buy for the Supbeam K50 V2 - all gone

On 17track you can hover the cursor over the Chinese and a translated pop-up will appear.

What??

they're all gone ??

I'll take two

Paypal sent

I got it!! Coming up to my street, the DLH truck is crossing the street in front of me - met him in the driveway, how convenient! He came back for a 2nd time. I love DHL Kiss.

Congrats Tom!!! You lucky NY dawg

Oh - totally forgot that I had two coming, one drop shipped to me to mod, so that's probably why they DHL expressed it -- two K50's in one shipping box. Wow - big head, really nice box. Gotta pop in some cells and test the throw and lightbox #'s.

See post #101 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27786. Opens easy SmileWink

I almost choked while having breakfast now..So funny!

Waiting, I am :wink:

One of the two K50's I received has a battery tube that is shiny black anodized - not matching the rest of the light. Also the SupBeam K50 lettering on the battery tube is completely different from the other one? Here's pics, first the two:

Mis-matching one:

Good one:

This kind of stinks Frown. Old batch part maybe? Or the tube was re-finished? Can't find anything else of note - all looks new, shiny, no marks, etc.

Hope there aren’t any more of these mismatched parts lights. I’d contact Acebeam and find out what gives!

Yep, did already by email with links to the pics on PhotoBucket. We'll see what they say. Probably not til Sunday night.

Mine is like the one pictured on top. The mid section with the control ring is like yours, not matching the battery tube.

If I look really close at that mid section on my light, it’s like it’s two parts of non-matching as well. The part adjacent to the battery tube is more gray, but the part adjacent to the head (the control ring) is more blacker. The control ring is not the same color as the head and battery tube. You have to really look at it under the lights, otherwise it’s not very noticeable. So my K50 looks like it consists of 3 different finishes.

I just paid for my Supbeam in the X40 gb. I hope mine, and the rest of the gang won’t have the same mix-and-(mis)match issues.

I would be very disappointed if this is the case with my light. That’s a lot of money to place on a flashlight with a very blatant flaw.

Shiny black anno looks very cheap on this large of a flashlight imo.

Just the printing difference is a little disturbing... Wonder what they were think'n, even in the same shipment.

[quote=Tom E]

having just paid in the X40 gb…thanks for bringing this up. What if you didn’t have two lights at the same time?

Thanks, Tom E

Gosh Tom! Im sorry to read about this new disturbing news. They definitely need to make this right for you. Its far to early in the game to already be seeing this type of poor QC in a light of this price and quality. Lets hope it was a single assembly and shipping error from an early production sample that slipped through. Im looking forward to hearing of Bella’s remedy.

Good Day,

-
The Supbeam/Acebeam K50 and X40 from the current Group Buys are my Very First Supbeam/Acebeam flashlights (& my first ever Group Buys).....,
.. so the quality of what we receive, and Most Importanly how they fix all the problems that occur....
....will decide whether or not I will continue to buy and recommend Supbeam/Acebeam products...
-
Best Regards,
George

I think they only wanted to get rid of the old stock. Not the first time a group-buy consist of b-grade products…
In China they are not used to picky customers so maybe they thought it would have gone unnoticed if someone didn’t ordered two lights. :open_mouth:

My brother was in China briefly for a trade show, to help out with a company booth. The most frustrating experience he related is that of the chinese workers painting the company name crooked, completely off angle, as opposed to the text you're reading now.

When it was brought to their attention, the response was "we used cutout to paint, letters good".

So I do think there is a cultural element in play here as well.