Group Buy for the Supbeam K50 V2 - all gone

Alright then, back on track (fingers crossed), can’t wait to get my Supbeam !!!

Relax folks. Damage control is swift and reasonable. Emails are already being sent out by Bella:

“There were GB K50 buyers who had sent us the feedback which the K50 Light Tube anodizing does not match the color. First of all, we are awfully sorry for our mistake to make you trouble and inconvenience. It happened because of the different production batch. Pls send us e-mail or PM on BLF bella6180 once you find yours is with the same issure. We will send you the replacement light tube to solve it immediately as soon as getting your feedback. (Pls ignore this e-mail if you get a good one. ) We highly appreciate your cooperation.

Pls do not worry ! It is impossible to happen this again. Here is enclosed photo of our GB X40 for your pre-viewing.

Any questions, pls just contact us.

Have a nice weekend !

Best regards

Bella Chen”

Mine is almost here. In a nearby city. Will probably be delivered Monday which is slightly unfortunate as my wife will probably be here to receive it. I still have not formulated a plausible cover story yet.

You were checking out BLF. You saw an irresistible light. Knowing that it was not wise to order it, you hurried to close down the window with the great deal. Sadly your finger slipped and within two weeks a box showed up. ..These things happens all the time..

The dog ordered it.

Or just tell her the truth. It came with a nice shiny box. Cant say no to that.

...oh well, I tried my best. Best wishes!

:beer:

It appears ours are on the exact same route.

Btw, I think I broke my refresh button… Even though I said I would stop actively checking tracking… :zipper_mouth_face:

:open_mouth:

I told mine that O-L threatened to leave the forum if we didn’t help him move these 45 lights. She was happy that someone else stepped in and I didn’t have to buy 3 or 4. :wink:

Oh, wait, that’s what I INTENDED to tell her…seems like I forgot to say anything at all. Oops! My bad!

Edit: With all this foofarah over the possibly two toned 50’s look she found out I have one coming. So now I am forced to go to this wedding of her friends from work in a few hours. An outside wedding. It’s 105º and climbing. The place is a country store in the middle of nowhere, they sell Bar-B-Q and beer. I know, it’s a horrible thing to suffer but you know, a Happy Wife is a Happy Life!

Edit II: I will take the big 1DsMkII and maybe it’ll hide the beer in my hand. :wink:

Way to take one for the team.

On the box, the declared value is very very low, so just tell her it was such an amazing deal that it was impossible to pass up. Some honesty might be the best policy

The problem is…the dang light comes in a cool little case. The wife sees that, good luck being honest!

Do they make air-conditioners for doghouses?

Before I go scratching the lens, dust seems to be sucking to the lens and when I try to blow it off or lightly touch it it gets worse.
I do not want to damage the lens, so what do I do to clean it safely?

Yes, it throws like a saber :slight_smile: and yes the color match on the battery tube is slightly off.
I will inspect that tomorrow some more.
Thanks!
Keith

Luckily for me Im still at that stage where I only have around 30 lights, so my Mrs just shakes her head and still cant understand why I need them or what the point is. She is still at that stage where she is more curious about my sudden onset of logic deficit, than outraged.

Pure and simple. Like collecting baseball cards or Lladro figurines. Stamps. Shoes. Handbags. It’s just a collecting thing, and this one for the most part doesn’t cost much. Fishing poles are very expensive, with the appropriate reels and all the hardware that goes with them. Guns likewise. See? A relatively harmless collecting things hobby. That comes in very handy when the power goes out. :slight_smile:

Good Day DBCstm, :slight_smile:

AFAIK, that means that your package is at Shenzhen International Airport, and the last entry (2014-07-25 13:04) says that they have finished processing it through Customs.
Next You should see it leaving for the US when they can get it on a flight (has low priority)…
…but sometimes they dont enter that into the system….

-
Best Regards,
George

“Departure from outward office of exchange” means the parcel is ready for export customs security scan. Once it passes the scan, it will be sent to airline.

And if it’s as you say and that airline passage is not a very high priority, it may take 2-10 days to actually make the flight over to here before getting in the hands of the USPS. Yuck.

It’s just a matter of time, EJ :smiley: :bigsmile:

Just watch what happens when you approach the 60 or 70 mark. Ha Ha !

LOL. Thanks guys for the humor and "expert" advice. I was kidding about the honesty part. I try to be as truthful with her as the universal laws of marital bliss allow. But, we all know the way something is presented can make a world of difference in these matters. Still not sure how I will handle that yet.

Regardless of her response and of the possible anno mis match, I'm quite excited to get this light. Plan on turning mine into my new light saber (dedome xml2) and turning my TN31 into a more useful light (Thinking domed SST90). It will be worth whatever penance I may have to pay.

EDIT: Sorry, just did multiple edits to fix typos. I need to get a new key board and start proof reading much better.

The SST-90 is a power hungry beast that delivers gobs of heat without producing the lumens we crave. Just know that going in. I have a couple of SST-90’s, an SBT-70, and a SST-50 that all underperform while eating cells and breathing fire.

The MT-G2 on the other hand delivers great giggling heaps of lumens to go with some of that heat. :slight_smile: Of course, it’s a 6V emitter so it brings it’s own set of issues with it.

Have fun!

Arrived. Looks good. :-). A quality product.
Hope the one’s yet to be received turn out well.

Performance and operation are excellent.

Thank you OL and Acebeam.

Mine hasn't even started it's grand tour of US sorting centers yet.