Group Buy for the TR-J20 Monster flooder $86.99 (now lowered to $82.99) Coupon now active!!

Thats why I would like to have this gb alive base on your lengthy reviews!

shoot, if rmm has a custom driver that can crank 10 amps, then you can put me on the interested list too. haha
is that something like 13000 lumens?

Since it looks like this isn't going to pan out, you can get the light all the time for $88.83 from Wallbuys, including shipping. Use wallbuysflashlight as the discount code.

I sent a message to Pinky from trustfire about this light… I am curious to see what price they can provide direct from the factory.

My guess is its a bit more with shipping - but there is always the option to get neutral white for no additional charge along with batteries which are usually legit.

That is one beastly lookin’ critter!

But I need to save my dough for some testing equipment :frowning:

I’m FET modding a much wimpier version of a 12 emitter TrustFire, but I’m sure it won’t come close to this massive headed colossus.

Seems anyone looking for a mega-mutli-emitter should jump on Chunkius Monkius.

Guys, if you’re someone that wishes to mod one of these multi-emitter lights being posted about around the forum, shooting for 14,000 lumens, the TR-J20 is the one to dump the money into. With its 1/4” thick integrated base plate for the star and designed for optimal cooling, designed for 26650 or 32650 cells, nothing is going to beat the J20. I’d say the TR-S700 is the next best in this area, which also has the same 1/4” thick integral shelf.

As an example, the Lightmalls 12x (SuperNight) is a confirmed dud when it comes to heat dissipation.

PM’d them and ask for a price reduction and I let them know about the pricing from Wallbuys and the ali-express dealer. They probably won’t get back to me until Monday night though.

I would be interested in 2 of them. This would be bad to the bone with a dome/ dedome mix too!!! Anybody try this yet?

Thinking about it, depends on competition from other "must have" deals.

I just spotted this thread, maybe it needs a little judicious bumping.

If they can come up with a good price. Then def count me in on this one.

Prices direct from trustfire:

1. J20, using 12*Cree XML T6 leds, unit price is USD67.09/pcs
2. J20, using 12*Cree XML 2 Leds, Neutral white 5000k-5500K( the same with S700), unit price is USD81.72/pcs

26650 5000mah TF flame batteries (tested around 4000mah by hkj) are 5.50 each

The shipping cost is usually around $40-50 to the USA, but you will get the light within a few days usually.

Very nice GB pricing. My TR-S700 with NW was $87.38 from Trustfire direct, and my AliExpress TR-J20 XML-T6 was about $92.00.

The Trustfire 5000mAh cells from Trustfire were 5.50 each, and I purchased them only because I knew they’d be real and not fakes. If you plan on modding your J20 with a more powerful driver, only purchase the TR-26650’s if you can use them in a less powerful light.

Great job on the reduced pricing!

The shipping is what will kill you on this light. I've talked to several different people and I just don't think you'll get it for much less than the $85 shipped range. $67+$40=$107.

Hey folks,

RMM (Richard) just reminded me of another charge incurred when purchasing directly from Trustfire and using PayPal. As an example, when I purchased my TR-S700 package, Trustfire charged me an extra $7.15 Paypal fee. My most recent order for 6x Trustfire 32650 cells, I incurred a Paypal fee of $4.17.

Obviously Paypal doesn’t allow this practice and likely would cancel their account if they were made aware of it. However, in my case, getting top notch service from them, excellent packaging, and even custom options they’ve gracefully offered me, I decided to look past the Paypal fee’s.

Speaking for myself here, to find a rare Chinese retailer that gives the same top notch service you can get right here in the USA, from a seller like, Mountain Electronics (RMM), sometimes spending a little extra money is okay when you look at the big picture.

Does this light take 32650??

Yes, the J20 uses 3x 26650 or 32650’s.

With the addition of a set of 18650 to 26650 adapters too in addition to using the 26650 adapters included it should be able to run on anything from 18650 batteries to 32650 cells so far as I can see. Battery choice should be a matter of current capability and run time it looks like to me. I just wish the 32650 choices were more readily available and both the 26650 and 32650 batteries had power densities approaching that of the best 18650 batteries.

Great point RichWouldnt.

Below photo shows the J20’s (black) 32650 to 26650 adapter sleeve. The brown sleeves are from my Trustfire AK-47
26650 to 18650 adapter sleeves.

Below photo shows the adapters just slide into each other.

Below photo shows the J20 can easily work with 18650 cells (shown with Redilast 2900mAh)

Below photo shows it works perfectly on HIGH mode with 18650 cells (good ones)

Richie086;

Can it use both protected and unprotected batteries stock? I imagine after a major hop-up that unprotected cells may be needed as the current draw may well trip protected battery current limiting circuits.

It seems the KeepPower 26650 protected 5200mAh cells do not allow the cap to close fully, about one thread shy of fully closing, but otherwise work perfectly.

All other cells below work perfectly in the J20 in stock form and allow the tailcap to fully close:

Trustfire Flame 26650 Protected 5000mAh.
EnerPower 26650 Protected 4500mAh.
KeepPower IMR26650 5200mAh
MNKE IMR26650 4000mAh