[Group Buy Interest Poll] SP32A V2 head and tail with 18350 tube using 90+CRI SST20 2700K or SST20 4000K or LH351D 5000K

I’m not claiming that it is so in your particular case, but many times a ring from a smooth reflector is not caused by the led itself but by a slight defocus. Paying attention a proper focus, maybe sanding a bit off the bottom of the centering piece, maybe use a different piece with a different height, can maybe make the ring disappear?

Since using the White Flat, I have focused ( :wink: ) more and more on getting the focus of leds right in my builds, not just of speciality leds like the White Flat but all of them. Getting the focus of a led right in all 3 dimensions is a pain and an art, and the resulting beam is highly satisfying for a flashoholic.

Interested if they come in silver and LH351D, the others are too warm for me.

Yes. Unfortunately it did not fit as made. I had a friend with a lathe turn down the threads so it fit.

I am sure you are correct. I just put it back together and didn’t bother with adjusting. I may give it a try sometime. Thanks for the tip.

:+1: This is the best kind of “no” — “no” with (IMO valid) reasons. That way, maybe other approaches can be proposed, or at the very least there is good understanding.

Maybe just making a 18350 tube available for order is a good enough solution?

Also, I wonder if there is an equivalent “Why can’t Westerners just… ?” companion article. Would be interesting! :slight_smile: