"Group Buy" Interest: Q8 MCPCB for Luxeon V/SST40/XML/XHP50 Emitters

8) 8) :sunglasses:

Beautiful!

Nice board!

interested in 2

When can we purchase led4power?

LED4Power’s sale thread, where he mentions that the dual boards are on his site.

BLF Q8 boards in stock:

BLF Q8 4040/5050 DTP PCB

With soldered Luxeon V LEDs:

4x LUXEON V on BLF Q8 DTP PCB

I don't have washers+screws in stock yet, I hope I will have some in a few days.

DIY washer example by djozz:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/48659/121

From now on, shipping calculation is based on weight, over 50€ order registered shipping is available with 2€ discount included. Also, for heavy packages there is Premium packet option available for most EU countries, with good prices.

I forgot to add, these bronze springs could be interesting for use in Q8:

https://led4power.com/product/gold-plated-phosphor-bronze-high-current-spring-12x9x1mm/

They have relatively low resistance without bypassing (11mOhm), so they can handle 6-7A without problem, on the other side they should help to add some resistance and limit current from DD fet driver when used with Luxeon V, which has lower Vf then XP-L.

Curious to see the amps pulled with the new board. Already ordered 2 thanks led4power!

Roughly how much lumens pump out with 4 XHP50.2?

10000 lumens OTF with the same amount of heat 4 x XPLs do at 6000lms OTF.

…but with considerably less throw.

If haikelite ever pays me I will have to get me a set.

you are definitely a great value to flashlight companies but we prefer you on our side rather with profit companies :smiley:

Yep. If they don’t pay you, I will never buy a Haikelite product every again. Keep us updated.

Yeah I am still on our side don’t worry. Just got to keep the bills paid in order to be on anyone’s side. :wink:

Money is not a driving factor for me, I am a pretty simple guy that likes toys. I always have what is best for the consumer at heart. After all I generally only work on lights that I want myself.

By working with the companies directly I am able to get BLF style tech into factory lights.

Yes, I do expect to be paid for that service, it takes a LOT of time to make production ready drivers / improvements to lights. The MT09R for example easily has well over 100+ hours of R&D at this point. I do not feel bad in the slightest for feeling that is worth something.

It is. You have no idea how much it is worth what you are giving to us.

Some BLF members would like to have BLF Q8 PCB with soldered cold white 6500K Luxeon V LEDs, I'd like to know how many people would be interested,

if there is 40pcs+ interest, price would be the same (19,97€ soldered), if there is 20pcs+ interest, price would be 21,97€ soldered. Please express your interest.

If you do happen to buy some Luxeon V in 5700K or 6500K, I’d be interested in trying them out on single mcpcb’s.

What lumens should we expect with the Luxeon V 4000k?

My Q8 was making 6000lm with XPL, copper screws and bypassed springs, now it makes 7300lm with the Luxeons. I was hoping to get around 9000

I’m using 30Q cells, not sure if VTC6 will increase the lumens