Group Buy Interest - Top Secret Reflector

Put me in for one. There has to be something fun I can do with that. (HID maybe)

I have emailed them several times about this reflector and have never received a single reply…

I would take 2 for certain.

Ok, make that two for me. :D

I would be in for 2, but I’m pretty sure we will never get close to the minimum quantity. I guess we see how many we can get up to and then inquire about pricing for a smaller order. I get the impression they may not budge on the minimum quantity requirement. Never hurts to try though.

That is monstrous. 300cd/lum is CRAZY.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

So if you drive one at 3,200lm (max rated on luminous site )that means 320kcd. And that’s with a dome. Imagine over driving it to 16A and dedoming it.

It would definitely approach 750kcd.

Very special indeed, if only I had the tools or the time to build myself one… Sigh

Too big for anything I have an interest in, something similar in the 72-80mm range and I'd jump on it though.

Here’s an idea. Go to HD, get a big SonoTube (those tubes for running concrete pillars), and build a 5x MT-G2 monster thrower. J)
Chi-X, get started on a 14” copper heatsink for it. :wink:

I could use 3 or 4 of them…

The quote is based on the CST-90, which means if you stick a CST-90 in there, you’ll achieve 100cd for every lumen it outputs. This is pretty damn good, considering how big the CST-90 die is, can be over driven very well (due to the copper mounting) and goes over 3500 lumens easy.

I think somewhere around 750kcd would be a ballpark range for a really nicely heatsinked, overdriven and dedomed CST-90.

The CST-90 emitter itself is like $80 though…

EDIT: For context, a skyray king has roughly 25kcd, a Fenix TK41 has roughly 45kcd and a Fenix TK75 has around 80kcd and an eBay HID (the really oversized flashlight ones) are around 220kcd.

So far, interest totals 14 to 16 units as follows:

Min Max
Chicago X 2 3
Pulsar 1 1
nitroz 1 2
dthrckt 2 2
18sixfifty 1 1
richipc 2 2
scaru 2 2
ImA4Wheelr 2 2
texaspyro 3 4

Guess we give it some time and then go from there. If this does end up working out, I’m going to need some advice from you guys on packaging for shipping.

So, put me down for 1, Super Secret Reflector Unit Non Disclosure Type Thingy

For that price, put me down for one too. What options would you have for a head and lens for this beast of a reflector? I would be curious to see a SBT70 in one. I got 325K with one in my SR90 reflector. And this thing is even bigger.

Maybe one of those 109 led showerhead? don’t know the dementions of them off the top of my head though.

I (and probably Scaru) want to put them in:

That’s too funny. Made me rename the thread.

Yep, same thing for me. :)

Looks like this will be a no go. I have contacted IM a couple times about purchasing a sample and to see if they would sell a smaller quantity. They are sticking with minimum order of 100. Thanks to all the folks that expressed interest.

Thanks for the time and effort you put in on this project ImA4Wheeler.

The first time I saw this “Top Secret Reflector” I had at 2 crazy brain storms.

Oh well maybe someday something bigger and better will show up.

That is very interesting indeed. Especially considering the ludicrous TN42 price.