Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

I saw that but didn’t process it. I’ve had a bad case of the flu for three days :confounded: I’m not thinking straight.

I agree with keengeorge. It is fair to ask, and to know whose group buy we are supporting (or not). Sharpie? Fine. teacher? I’d rather go back to an Ultrafire P60.

By the way, those are just examples. From posts I’ve read previously, I wouldn’t expect Sharpie and teacher to be on the same team.

Try to operate behind the table ehh :disappointed:

You just about have me talked into it Dale :wink: What do you think of the 2400 lumens stated in the ready-to-go Z1 in Ali Express? Considering the 1400 lumens stated for the Cometa, (if my memory serves) is 2400 lumens pretty plausible for the Z1?

It’ a riddle. I love riddles!
See this post:

Since I know for sure I am no member of the team - The Miller appears to be one.

Come on the anonymous operation caused a new kind of drama, I agreed to it just before the first announcement but Sharpie knew I was not really comfortable with it so just before he revealed himself he locked me out of J team account so I wouldn’t be forced to come forward and he could honestly say he was J Team.
Then of course I posted my involvement and got access again so officially was back.

Now that it is cleared back on topic
Shipping to me for the host is $8,12
For the 18650 holder $2,03
Combined shipping is $8,94 the AliExpress system gives some shipping discount then.
I am in no need of a 18650 tube (not even this high quality looking one, I have plenty of them and use orings to avoid rattling)
This is shipping to France and it is my understanding the AliExpress system automatically calculate shipping costs.

I think the people on the first 10 list can order now and to be sure I suggest adding BLF XXX number X on first 10 list as message when ordering. (XXX BLF nick, X number on first 10 list)
I expect processing of the order tomorrow since Paul is off line today.

Order from who. Order from where. Order how.
All I see is a full priced Z1 on Aliexpress.
I hope this will all be set up for an easy transaction, and not some deal where I have to pay full price and then they refund the difference.
I’m hoping for an easy professional transaction. The Jteam should have this all arranged for me.

@The Miller:
I appreciate your work in the Q8 group buy but I am disappointed of your and sharpie’s approach here. You wrote positive posts about this group buy in this thread. At least sharpie stayed out (which finally convinced me of his participation in the team - and of course his style of writing). I would feel more comfortable if all unknown J-team members had stayed out. Your approach reminds me of sellers who write positive “customer” ratings about their products by themselves. It won’t be easy to gain confidence in group buys here again.

To clarify:

The Miller and I have been working hard behind the scenes with Jaxman to put this group buy together.

Think of him as “business” and me as “technical”, but the roles are fluid.

It was my idea to start a “teaser” introduction, whilst we were putting the final details together.

We had expected to launch today (Monday) but Jaxman worked with us all through the weekend, so we kicked this off right away.

The Miller and I are EU based, so we have a large time-window with China, during which we can all chat together, and I have to say we have been very impressed with the responsiveness this has enabled.

Though I have had to start getting out of bed earlier, which is no bad thing.

This will be as simple and drama-free as we can make it.

And we would appreciate everyone’s help in keeping J Team threads drama free too.

Although “J Team is initially offering a purely Jaxman product, we have some ideas about introducing some new BLF specific components too. But plans for these will not intensify until The Millers Q8 project has delivered.

As soon as Jaxman has everything set up perfectly, we will post the official links to his store, from where you can place your orders. We are working together to try to minimise the shipping costs, but the process is still a little mysterious at the moment.

Their standard products are mostly sold through a distribution chain, but for us, they will be direct from the factory, using AliExpress.

This will be very soon.

“J Team” personality will only be used for official announcements, and a signature will be added to identify members. We will try to keep these at the start of threads, so they can be easily found.

Posts on “J Team” threads by The Miller or me should be regarded as official.

Our posts elsewhere are our personal ones.

One for me please.

Thanks for clarification.

J Team = :+1:

Thanks Sharpie & The Miller … Jaxman too. :slight_smile:

It is pretty impressive what you all have accomplished in a very short amount of time.

PS / I also think the anonymous way you started things is great…. cause like someone said; it is about the deal.
And you all had that covered in spades.

Just curious cabfrank, are you actually in on this group buy or might you be here just to “stir the pot”…. again?
I only ask, because in your last three post [97,102,103] you seem to be much more focused on me than this Z1 GB.
Remember…… we all need to KMA. KeepMovingAhead

So let me get this straight.
I’m supposed to add. … XXX BLF nick, number 5 on first 10 list…to the order?
Is that correct?

That should be enough.

We don’t plan to issue coupon codes etc., this will be a straightforward process.

But we would like the first ten to go to those who can put them together quickly, and hopefully give us some good feedback.

So it is really a trust thing. Please don’t try to order one just yet, unless you are on the first 10 list, and preferably identify yourself this way, so we can try to get them to the right people.

And if you decide not to proceed, please post here to let us know, so we can give your spot to the next on standby.

What size mcpcb does this light take?

Reminder: what you see pictured at the link is not the host, most of the pictures show all the components of the entire old-model “Jax” light.
That’s web page cleanup yet to be done by Jaxman (they know they need to update that host page)

When the store page is ready, the link will be officially posted.

At the start of this thread.

Meanwhile go to the start, to see the official pictures that have been prepared for the page, and the detailed specification.

Jaxman is away today.

So lets stir the pot some more. Members here already signed up for a group buy based on pics that are not actually the end product by a team of mystery Europeans and possibly a Californian. I have no doubt this will be a toy to add to the collection, but why not wait a week, get everything in order and take the mystery out of the product and be truthful about those organizing this group buy?