Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

Thanks jhalb!
I will update the lists in my first post in the thread.
I will answer questions
And to start with that, question for extension tube relayed and clarified to Jaxman so will get back to that when news comes.

So reading through the thread I can’t believe the answers and rhetoric of Sharpie. How conceded can you get. Your smart -blank answers you have given to members here. If you want to start a (team) for group buys you give as much information as possible and #1 rule should be don’t insult the Buyers. If you can’t handle a simple thing as that you should not be in the position that you are in. It’s a shame the way you have handled this Sharpie look back at previous threads you have chosen to post in you love to argue you seem to think your allways right. Now do I think your going to change? No. I think your in to deep people know how you act. Please prove me wrong.

Dale. What kind of MCPCB do these things mount on?
Oh man, now you’ve got me asking questions which is usually a lead up to purchase. Should I buy food or a single emitter?

Please consider post 7 (my first post in the thread) as OP

Updated it with (please check, I had to dig through the whole thread, sorry for mistakes):

I am not sure what Sharpie is going to do here.

I feel and AM partial responsible so step in as if this is a thing completely organised by me.

Sorry for “update” tags when I update this post, the OP that can be edited without the “updated tag” is not mine.

I like to see this succeed and hope the best for Jaxman and BLF here.

So the lists:

Interest list for first 10 pieces, at $35.50, plus delivery.

List first 10
1 Yourrid
2 Dale
3 Tom E
4 emarkd
5 Ouchyfoot
6 LSX (Shipping is calculated by AE please check)
7 leroycp
8 leroycp
9 Killforfood
10 teacher

List larger amount
1 The Miller
2 teacher
3 teacher
4 WolfA
5 scianiac
6 hank
7 WolfA
8 tarver
9 Dusty
10 Sharpie
11 Cula ?
12 fletch31
13 jhalb ?

updated till post #205

CONCLUDED OPERATIONS
LINK TO ORDERPAGE
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JAXMAN-Z1-Host-for-BLF/1812094_32676817032.html
Please order when you are on the first 10 lists and wait for these to arrive and we hear back from buyers before ordering yourself.
(The host was showing as “new arrival” but now only can be seen via this link)

PENDING OPERATIONS

Questions about extension tube availability (relayed to Jaxman, no answer yet)
Good product page on AliExpress for the host (relayed to Jaxman, Paul is making new photo’s and needs a few days to get it up correctly)
check availability of a brass pill (emailing question right after posting this)
check availability of centering rings (emailing question right after posting this)
check availability of the black anti-reflector plate (emailing question right after posting this)

About brass pll, it is brass by defalt right?
Well off to email Paul now, will answer when I can.

Thanks for asking cabfrank, the short answer would be…………… no. :+1:

The long answer would ask you why you are trying to be an instigator in a GB thread while not yourself being a part of the GB?

You know, kinda like you tried HERE on a Cometa thread.

And let us not forget your attempts at THIS in this very JAXMAN Z1 GB thread also. As far as I know at last report you were not participating in this GB either, except as a spectator attempting to cause problems.

Ya’ got any answers cabfrank?
Or will you just slink away once again, until like a bad penny; you show up attempting to instigate on some other thread??

It would seem, you might want to really think about your own actions in relation to the “information” you provided Sharpie… quoted below.

Try to remember cabfrank, it would be best if we all just KMA. It appears you are doing nothing toward that end.

KMA = KeepMovingAhead

Thanks you Andrew2007, you answered a lot of questions we should have answered, much appreciated!

It’s easy when it’s sitting in the box 4 feet away. :wink:

The Miller, please keep the main interest list up to date, either in its proper place on post #2, as agreed, or on post #7 if that is easier for you. Let me know which you prefer.

Please, once again, I ask you to remove the link to the webstore. It will be announced, in its proper place, when Jaxman is ready.

The first ten pieces have now been ordered (including one sneaky one, but thanks at least for apologising afterwards by PM :wink: )

The store now shows “this product is sold out or the seller discontinued selling this product”.

The rest of you, please do not be in any doubt that this has been a joint team effort, hard work in equal measure by all. Do not regard post #7 as the OP.

As things progress, I will attempt to collate pertinent technical information, and post it on #4. As and when received from Jaxman, or contributed by you all. I will also include queries of my own, and put placeholders in as a sort of “request for information”.

I will continue to try to keep this going in the right direction, and not let our supplier down with this persistent bickering that seems to permeate all group buys.

Clear, succinct, technically informative and responsive.

If you want my technical and other input, on the thread, as Sharpie, then expect my usual forthright remarks.

Please be patient, and trust the team to work hard, behind the scenes, to get this ready for you all, sooner rather than later.

Great, I’ll use post 7 :wink:

Paul is rather busy at the moment and will email/update whenever he can so let’s give him some time.

First 10 ordered, interesting to see how long it will take before buyers hold it!

Teacher, would you show where participating in a Group Buy is a requisite for posting in a thread?

Just so the record is clear, the first 10 pieces may have been ordered but the first 10 participants haven’t, because I haven’t ordered yet. I was waiting on that extension tube mentioned at the beginning and I didn’t want to pay double shipping for a small item. So if I’ve missed out because of that so be it - not like I needed another flashlight anyway. I guess at this point I’m standing by and will re-evaluate my position when the full group buy is actually ready, but I didn’t want anyone to be looking for my write-up as promised, cause it ain’t coming at this point.

I went to order then and it says the product is sold out or the seller has discontinued selling it. A little disappointing.

hmm this means 2 were ordered by somebody else
I changed you position into a ? and put you on the longer list.

It was open in AE, I hope the other two are not BLFers, since it would not be very friendly to order of the first 10 if one was not on the list.
On the other hand I hope it were BLFers since the feedback is greatly appreciated.
All in all :frowning:

Two people ordered 2 (with my tacit agreement). At this stage the list had only 6 entries, and was building slowly. Two others were on standby, but then expressed a desire to take up the spare positions.

At least one person sneaked in without permission and nabbed one.

This was the danger of posting the link publicly, it should have been sent out by PM only, to the first ten.

emarkd, the extension tube is not yet in the webstore. As you know, we are working on it, but these things take time to arrange.

I will try to arrange extra units for those who missed out.

Please, would any of the following people, who have not been able to place their order, post on this thread (not PM), and I will see what I can do.

Those of you who did manage to get your order in, please let me know which of you was which.

This was the interest list.

Edit:

1 Yourrid (ordered I think)
2 Dale (ordered)
3 Tom E (ordered)
4 emarkd additional unit allocated (ordered)
5 Ouchyfoot (ordered)
6 LSX additional unit allocated (ordered)
7 leroycp (post #139) (ordered)
8 leroycp (post #139) (ordered)
9 teacher (post #155) (ordered)
10 teacher (post #155) (ordered)

8.5 I missed Killforfood’s request in between leroycp and teacher. I was not aware that it had been confirmed by The Miller either. (but you ordered anyway I think)

99 Opportunist (ordered)

These are who ordered:

Edited: position becoming clearer.
Edited: two more units allocated.
Edited: all in order :slight_smile:

Order history on AliExpress says Awaiting Shipment, I can only assume it’s packed up and labeled and waiting to be picked up by the carrier as I got a shipped email.

I will probably make a new pill out of copper for the and either leave a cover plate out or pot it with the dark grey JB Weld once dialed in. Since the SBT-70 has no dome, but instead is covered by the AR coated pane, I will probably remove this pane and it’s underlying frame for a cleaner pairing to the optic. (I’ve found it helps, my TM16 is done this way) I may use the brass pill to dial in optimum height, then remake the pill in copper for a final setting. The Luminus emitters are horribly inefficient, producing heat in massive proportions to the lumens output, so having accepted this, I’ll try to give the most heat sinking possible and utilize a small driver bay for a 17mm FET driver enabling the hungry beauty to pull what she will from a top cell. Then it will just be a matter of matching a cell to it’s requirements. :wink:

My primary reason for this emitter is it’s round die. I typically have passed on zoomies because the mirror image of the square die is not to my liking. This round die will give a round beam profile and the high CRI (typically 90+) will also work well for me, as will the 5685K rating. (my photography flash units fire at 5700K) If I’d had this when my wife was getting pinned for her LVN ceremony I would have spotlighted her like stage lights for my pictures. :wink: :smiley:

The SBT-70 fits on an MT-G2 mcpcb, it’s not perfect, but it works well. So again, I’ll have to wait and see what the internal dimensions look like before deciding on which mcpcb to go with, I’d like to go with the largest I can, whether that be a Noctigon or MaxToch or SinkPAD, there are some differences in each so much will depend on the light itself.

Is ~$65 too much to spend on an emitter? With a $43 host, a $108 or so killer zoomie is very reasonable, in my opinion, and will be very difficult to best by anything straight out of a box. Or that’s the plan.

Good morning ReManG. :wink: I’ll be glad to address your question in a bit when I have the proper time to devote to it.
In the meantime, a short TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE might be appropriate.
So as to be crystal clear, I will be more than happy to answer your question a little later today; when I can devote the proper amount of time for a proper answer.
Thank you………. :+1:

That’s a new thing from the latest BLF upgrade, there’s a few new things to learn, some helpful and for me, some not so much. lol

Hmmm, I think I understand. I’ll give that a try. Thank you can!!! :+1: … :slight_smile:

Thanks for making the installation of the SBT-70 sound so daunting Dale. You infected me with the germ of SBT-70 lust…but I’m better now. Looking forward to watching your installation.
I decided a single cell light is best for me…for now.