Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

Thanks KB. Has anyone done any real testing on those to confirm they are a reliable quality cell? I like the idea of being able to run an XHP35-HI in a 2-26650 tube but no name batteries scare me…

After reading that review on a Nitecore XPL HI big reflector I think about modding my Courui with the Cometa LED and maybe even driver and tail.
It all seems to come together with those neat 26350 cells
So I am leaning to a XHP Z1 now

So glad all modding are winter projects (the only thing I am really certain about) so there is plenty of time

Cool to read the arrival and build reports!

AliExpress is indeed safe IMHO and I really like you pay via the system instead of having to give vendors the information.

Go J-Dub74!
Even the cheapest monocular comes with a cap so yeah as nick nack item in Simons store I think they would do well
Nice soft rubber so they fit slightly smaller lights too
I would buy one C8 size, a S70/L6 size and well when ordering S2 as well :smiley:

Oh and I forgot to mention that Simon told me we should soon be able to use PayPal on Aliexpress. I guess it’s in the works. That will mean we’ll be able to buy directly through the Convoy store and the Jaxman store using PayPal with no workarounds necessary. :beer:

Sweeeeet! :smiley:

:+1: … :beer: … :+1:

Amazon doesn’t use PayPal, and I never hear anyone complain. It keeps your credit card number on file. Same as the Apple Store, iTunes etc. they keep your credit card number on file.
What makes PayPal so much more secure? They also keep your credit card number on file.
All the little vendors on Aliexpress never see your credit card number. You pay aliexpres, and they pay the vendors.

When dealing with a random site, I prefer not exposing my credit card details directly. Paypal has had a rocky history and I don’t “love” them, but they have never sold my credit card info resulting in fraudulent charges.

Though I have never had a problem with AliExpress payment, I have had card details stolen/sold by a couple other websites in the past. Paypal is just a level of security and compartmentalization for me.

Its kinda funny how short people’s memories are (or maybe I’m just old) but I can remember a time when Paypal was not trusted at all. They had a reputation for losing people’s money and having very weak security. I was big into ebay back when Paypal was acquired by them in the early 00’s and I remember being seriously pissed that I was forced to use Paypal on ebay at the time. And honestly to this day I refuse to leave money sitting in my Paypal account. Its always at zero. I’m sure those days are long past but I still remember.

We had a really atrociously bad shoe repair job recently and getting no satisfaction at the shop, had to deal with Visa’s customer service.
Visa required, pictures, long explanation, and that we also get and provide VISA with written support from any two other customers who could verify they’d also gotten atrocious results from the same shoe repair place.

Fortunately, it turned out the place is notorious in the neighborhood — it had been through a change in ownership and the new staff hadn’t fixed shoes before.

It only took a few months.

I sure wouldn’t want to complain to Visa about a bad flashlight.

On the good side, Visa did not require a video of the shoes.

> I refuse to leave money sitting in my Paypal account. Its always at zero.
Oh, definitely yes.
Never give PayPal access to a bank account where you keep significant money, either.

If Amazon accepted PayPal, I would definitely use PayPal with Amazon.

PayPal is an extra layer of protection.

Before having to contact my credit card company, I almost always win every PayPal claim I make.

I was making a joke.

Lighten up Francis.

:person_facepalming: … :person_facepalming: … :person_facepalming:

Sharpie are you from Europe?

Lol, I had to google it.

I haven’t found anything that Racoon City has said to be rude. Sharpie, your posts are a completely different matter. I don’t understand how asking about the pro’s and con’s of PayPal (which you directly asked for) could “have just destroyed any trust from the genuine supplier with whom we have been trying to engage.”

I have been using PayPal for years and I feel like it’s an added layer of protection, like Racoon City said. I’m not familiar with AliExpress’ dispute system. I am however very familiar with PayPal’s system to dispute something. Having purchased hundreds of times through PayPal, it makes me more comfortable to use it instead of trusting a new website (new to me, like AliExpress).

I hope I never have to open another dispute. But I’d much rather have an added option (paypal) to resolve any problem I may have with what I purchased. It’s an added layer for the manufacture as well considering they can open disputes in the same way.

Iam just wondering why you bash western values. I’am so glad I live in America and so is 99.9999 of the population. We are not perfect but compared to other countries we have it damn good. Before you want to bash us look how good we have it, come to the USA you’ll see how much freedom we have.

Racoon City’s first post was pretty short and quippy, but you write in a very similar fashion. Nowhere do I read anything “almost racist.” And I have no idea how you would assume that I could possibly have any racist prejudices. Please do not make that mistake again and assume that I have “the same view.”

How did you get “almost racist” out of this….

What exactly are “Western Values” And where did this post disappear too?

Sharpie you keep on digging yourself deeper.

Jaxman, don’t worry about this. People are just hungry for flashlights, or if they’re not getting flashlights, they want to talk about them anyhow.

Google Translate tells me this is the translation for kerfuffle.

乱哄哄

Luànhōnghōng

Not to worry, they just need hardware to argue about, or lacking that, firmware would do.

Patience? In poor supply.