Group buy: Supbeam X40 L2 (Update: SOLD OUT!)

Mine wasnt. I came home and found it on the window ledge next to the front door 2 days ago. My second one hasnt arrived yet. Might be different OS.

Have to say so far I cant fault it. I havent been very particular on it yet as Ive got some bad lougie but excellent GB, hats off to AceBeam and ‘the’.

Arrived, doesnt look bad. Now to decide; keep mod out sell

Same here and just my luck, on the last legs of a 50 unit GB/delivery. I think I’m the 3rd and hopefully last mention of a mismatch.
No plans to send back or dispute, just posting my findings:

- Head and battery tube are a match, a TN12 glossy black, say a #5 for reference.

- Neck portion would be a #4, glossy and a bit lighter shade.

- Tail end gets a #3, lower gloss and much lighter shade.

- Strange mottled blue speckles on base of knurling illuminated with TN12 at an angle.

• Two minor/mini dings in scalloped portion of cooling fins, one on top.

And all varies under different light (TN12, cf, incan, daylight).
Sounds like I should be over at the K50 thread, but with all above mention, light overall doesn’t look that bad. Looks great if tagged as 2nds.

This is a major step up for me from D40Avn and TN12 …… and WOW!
The output is stunning and love this control ring, my first and yes, wish there was a standby/off mode. Properly wrist strapped can be operated one handed. Will be on this honeymoon for a while.
Thanks again the and Supbeam/Acebeam, hope there are lessons learned all-around.

Just for clarification…

- The X40 just charges the 3 batteries like a charger would in parallel?

• While the K50 has an odd design in that it charges 3 of the 4 batteries first, and then once finished that it charges the last cell by itself?

So essentially, the X40 could be partially charged, unplugged from the charger and used if needed, while that would be rather dangerous with the K50 design? And yes, Im aware its not desirable to charge cells in the light, or to partially charge cells and use them, Im just checking the details.

Do we need to get one of these to HKJ to test?

Can anyone answer this question from Stongest2004?

Q: Excluding battery capacity, are there any other benefits of using NCR18650PFs vs. Samsung 2600mAh ICRs in this light (i.e. more output because of the higher current discharge capacity of the PF)?

Probably nothing except capacity. The Samsungs have lower internal resistance, but even the standard NCR18650’s are likely to handle the current reasonably well. Thumbnail puts the current draw at about 3.5 amps on ‘full’, and even that steps down after a little while. I tried to put protected NCR18650BD’s in my X40, the fit lengthwise, but the diameter is just a little bigger, enough larger that with 3 of them, the battery carrier doesn’t fit back in the flashlight! I may buy some unprotected BD cells and try again at some point.

Thanks Mattheww for the info.

My X40 arrived today in perfect condition, works great with plenty of throw and flood. Thanks the for organizing another great group buy.