Group buy thread: Convoy M2 2014 host - CLOSED

Thanks.

That tiny hole will have almost no effect in thermal transfer.

If it really bothers you you could easily fill it with a piece of solid core wire swaged in there or even the BLF JBWeld thermal potting recipe. I have big plans for my 3 and that small hole is honestly of zero concern to me.

If you wanted to go all out you could insert a piece of copper rod (AKA 10 or 12AGW romex), solder it to the bottom of the MCPCB, run it threw that hole, drill a hole in some copper disks and run the rod threw there and solder that all together… But that is so far over the top it just isnt practical, “if it aint broke dont fix it”.

The main thing is the shelf is machined after ano, so its raw, thats a much bigger factor in heat transfer overall that that hole.

I’m in for one. Thanks!

I’ll take 2

jumping in to say this clip fits.

Put me down for 3 if it is through PayPal.

Are there reviews up of this 2014 revision? Thanks.

freeme review

Please put me down for 1 for now.

I’m in for 2 but PayPal only. Thanks.

I’m in for one by PayPal maybe more depending…

Oops, scratch that. I thought this was the M1 for some reason. Sorry.

I’m in for one too, thanks.

Sign me up for 1. Are there extention tube available?

*not enough space for chip stacking?
*which driver for MTG?

[in reference to deleted content]
Yeah, these are the new M2’s with much nicer machining and features, well worth $15.

Can you ask about those pocket clips included with the hosts for maybe an even $16 a piece?

it’s 4:30 after midnight over here, all models started to look alike :stuck_out_tongue:
but again, if you would include emitter and driver’s price you don’t save much (full savings is 8.69$, just enough for driver and led which you have to buy anyway)

can you ask to get screws for securing the mcpcb to the shelf?

Screws aren’t included in the host but Simon will provide a set for each host.

I’m in for 1.

This is my first GB in BLF!! :bigsmile: (But I’m a old member in the other forum)