Groupbuy feeler: nitecore TIP / TIP CRI + THUMB

Are you in the US?

OK…you are in NY :+1: Kinda lets me know where mine might be since we ordered on same day…

Just checked …TIP just hit Chicago…now the………….W A I T ….W A I T

I’ll be waiting for more user reports before I order. I don’t trust the word of the sales people, which is why I hadn’t ordered yet.

Ordered on 16 november :smiley: I hope the wait will not be long

i got reports from german guys who got V2 (with holes)

and one with holes, but he is not sure about red blinks indicates V1
he now tests standby drain for 3-4 days and will report back.

is there a chance that some units did not successfully complete the upgrade procedure?

now i wait for Nitecore NU20 groupbuy maybe M4D M4X can help us

i fixed that ;)

thank you :beer: I knew

What a Crock of Crap from that manager…I just received mine. It is NOT V2 version. Same ole red blink in lockout if pressing either button.

i have read that german shops also shipped TIPs with the hole, but V1 :|

looks like nitecore did not update all items - even if the hole was cut???

i ask @banggood how to exchange the "faulty" units easily

Yes the hole was cut. I did not remove the light from the package. I’m pissed. Obviously Banggood manager doesn’t know what’s up. This light is useless to me. For the SECOND time.

most people got a upgraded item - i assume the guy who upgraded thousands of lights skipped to test if the new firmware has successfully been flashed.

bad luck for you, but i think we cannot blaim banggood (or the manager) ;)

Just on the extremely unlikely chance that V2 does actually still blink, put it in Lock Out ‘Streamer’ and see what happens about it sucking the battery down…. please. :innocent:
Ya’ got nothing to loose. :wink:

• The good news is mine was actually delivered today! Ordered late 11-12-2016 & delivered early 11-22-2016. (USPS Tracking told me)
  • Bad news for me is I am out of town for a couple of days and the neighbor has the package till I get home on Thursday. :person_facepalming:

Oh well, I’ll report what I find when I get them in hand. Who knows what it will be………… :question:

+1

The blame is 100% on NITECORE. Not Banggood or you M4D

Teacher, I just fully charged it through the packaging and put it in lockout mode. I don’t know why, as there are reports of those that received updated V2’s and there is NO red flash.

Hopefully, none of them know what they are talking about… :laughing:

+1 & Amen……… :slight_smile:

I know ‘Streamer’…. I’m just hoping for a “Thanksgiving Miracle” for you……… :wink:

I think it’s safe to say that Banggood is NOT going to inspect what they ship out, so why would anyone want to order/exchange from them again UNLESS the lockout drain problem is not important to you. So I’ll be looking for a refund. Just hope they don’t force me to PayPal. :open_mouth:

I would say that is a safe bet ‘Streamer’.
There is no way they could inspect everything they ship out, they are huge. Just like Amazon, WalMart, etc., etc. does not inspect what they ship out either.
I know it is frustrating when something like this happens, I have had similar things happen myself as have probably many of us.
But pretty much it just is what it is… there is no way a huge company (whoever they are) is going to change how they do things for something such as this.

Now I’m not saying there is any right or wrong in this from either side… it just is what it is. Hopefully you will get a speedy refund, as you well should. :+1:

I eagerly await this information however a mere exchange of a “faulty” unit inspires no confidence whatsoever in receiving the upgraded version. This is why I would instead ask how to “easily” obtain a refund.

I received my TIP CRI today and unfortunately it flashes red when in lockout mode. It also has cutout for micro usb. It is still in its original package and I’ll test it for parasitic drain in next few days.