[GroupBuy Feeler] Round two for Supfire?

Supfire had contacted me a few days ago, asking me to take a look at their new lights and let me know they are interested in running another group buy.

My first thought was lets get a custom M6 made up for BLF. Custom driver, AR lens, choice of emitter, unglued host.... They are not interested in that right now...

So I took a look at what they had to offer. There was one of their lights that stood out to me, the Supfire L5:

http://www.supfireenglish.com/Products/led_flashlight/medium_flashlight/2014/0613/52.html

That is the one that I thought would be interesting. They quoted me $22.38 shipped and including all fees on the light for the group buy. But trust me, I will try to get that down a bit

But lets make this what majority wants. Take a look at Supfires site and let me know in this thread what light interests you the most, and I will see what the majority wants and will pursue the best deal possible

http://www.supfireenglish.com/Products/

Maybe if it has anodized threads, but farfarled is already selling it for $20.79.

May be can try Supfire L1, if they’re really willing to do some modification.

k - I got the M6, L6, C8-T6, F3 (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28084).

The L6 (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/26046) is a prety nice light - basically a C8 w/26650.

The C8-T6 though is a really nice C8. The host/body I feel is nice, more robust than a Convoy C8.

For the F3, mode spread is awful (see post in my review).

So if you do this, maybe get some improvements? Smile

I vote for the F3 with better mode spacing (and we desire a better switch as I understand).

Ill take a 3 mode, NW around $20.I would like the bezel to be stainless it looks aluminum to me.

Thanks

+1

At this point they are not willing to do any modifications to their lights for the group buy, which is why I didnt want to to the M6 again.

So remember, that this will be for a stock light at this point. Been busy, but I plan on pushing for some modifications shortly, but as of now this is for a stock light

I didnt search the L5 to see what was the typical price for it, so say for that light, I would be shooting for $18-20 range.

So keep posting which lights you would be interested in, and I will see what the best price for the top picks would be

Been wanting the L5 - looks nice. Forgot bout the crap switch in the F3 I got. Who knows - could have been the one unit defect, really dunno. Probably best to avoid at this point.

I like the Supfire L5 with the XML2 and side switch. I’d go for one for sure.

X6 ?

Once we get a light decided on, I will start negotiating a price and possible changes to that light. That was just their initial quote on the light for the group buy, and we know I am not taking that as set in stone

+1 for the SupFire F3-L2 Zoomable (reviewed by Tom E)

Thank You,
George

What about the A6?

Farfarled has a sharp price on that one too (18 dollars shipped). If a GB price can be arranged lower than that I'm in for another one!

The fit and finish is excellent, great reflector, unique almost bronze look to the anodizing.

Classy in it’s design, easily modified.

Next to a Convoy C8 here…

Robust construction

Beefy pill, narrow base to smooth aluminum reflector, all in all a well made EDC style light

Hope this shows that SupFire’s smaller lights are as robustly well made as the M6. Very much like what I see from them. Not particularly concerned with UI of their drivers as not many lights that come through my door keep their OEM driver. :wink:

To tell you the truth I don’t see anything mind blowing, my first candidate would be D6 just because of the shape, I don’t have anything similarly smooth, next in row would be X6 or maybe this one (doesn’t have a name) if it is cheap, everything else is not worth considering…

I might be in for an x6, but none of the others.

50/50 from me Pulsar 0:)
but its using electronic switch isn’t?
how about parasitic drain?
and do i need to cycle through all modes to turn it off?

I just want to add, if Supfire is going to offer a group buy, the price better be really good. If their only going to come down $1-$2, I’d rather buy from Farfarled, as his prices are excellent and he is a BLF member that has communicated well on the site. He’s even made his own videos of his product. He’s a one man shop that wants our business. Ordering from him is less hassle than a group buy unless the savings make it overly desireable.
…just sayin.