GTL 5300mah

Anyone know anything about these?
GTL 5300mAh 3.7v

Oh. Forgot to mention they are 18650

Rubbish :wink:

18650 and more than 3400mAh are a scam!
And true 3400mAh only with good cells!

LOL, Those batts aren’t 5300mah as that mah rating doesn’t exist, they aren’t even 1300mah.
Just forget them, and that name, it will be easier on your wallet.

3600mAh Panasonic presented a few weeks ago, but the Keeppower and Orbtronic batteries with these cells are expensive and it's not clear if both companies use B-grade batteries or Laptop battery packs to get the cells.

I would never buy GTL or Ultrafire batteries. Go for Samung/Sanyo/Panasonic/LG celles oder brands, which use this cells (for example: Redilast, AW, Enerpower, Eagletac, XTAR or less exensive but longer: Unbranded Panasonics cells with clear wrapper and protection if you need max. capacity for a better price).

Where is the highest capacity 18650?

I personally, would buy protected cells.

true better safe than sorry.

Are these panasonics protected? And what is the benifits of protected verse non?
Here is my game. I use solarforce l2m flashlights and an sysmax intellicharger. I am looking for high capacity 18650s.
So tell me what and where to buy. The 18650 cells I am currently using came out of a security system battery pack. They are not marked. I have no clue as to voltage mah or protection status.

These are the best, same protection circuit as Keeppower batteries.

+1 Those suck through and through.

Can’t get the wallbuys.com link to work but the Panasonic 3400 protected batteries they carry use a cheaper protection circuit but the battery inside is the same. Use “wallbuysallmagic” coupon for a cheaper price.
The security system batteries would not be protected, probably had one protection circuit to protect all the batteries in the pack. Once removed from the pack, the protection is gone.
Reason for using protected batteries is they are safer, can’t over charge or over discharge which could be dangerous. Unprotected are just is good if you use them responsibly.

Protected gives you some protection of overcharging, over discharging and short circuits, especially safer if running 2 or more cells in series.
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=55
He is out of stock at the moment. Here is his preorder link, suppose to be in stock 1-4-2014. http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=153
You could wait until there in stock or purchase something else. He is a seller who is a member here and has excellent service and quick shipping times, ships from USA. Here is his sales thread. MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source
Just my two cents. :wink:

I have a solarforce l2m with an extension that allows me to run 2 18650s in it. I have now noticed and difference between same light with 1 cell vs 2 cells. What performance gain should I realistically expect?

Hard to say, depends on the driver circuit. With 2 cells the supply voltage will be bucked down for the led. The light should run very consistent in output until the cells are depleted. With both cells depleted at say 2.75v each, you still have a supply voltage of 5.5v. With one cell after the cell voltage falls below the vf of the led it becomes direct drive, unless it has a boost circuit, which I doubt it has both buck and boost. So once the voltage falls below say 3.2v the light becomes direct drive and the light out put falls as the voltage falls until the battery is depleted. With two cells the light should run close to twice as long with more light the entire run time. The big advantage of a buck driver and 2 cells, more current regulated. Also the batteries see about half the current load over running a single cell, less stress.

I think these batteries are unprotected, because often the system has a protection (like laptop battery packs).

Make a picture and we could tell you, if they are unprotected and often we also know the brand.

The NCR-B’s high capacity comes at the cost of pretty significant voltage sag under high cload. I doubt you’d be pulling more than three amps through a P60 module, so if you have two cells the NCR-B does just fine under a one-and-a-half amp load. I’m not sure what you can expect, I have a three-amp 105C-driven light that lasts just over an hour on a 2200mAh cell charged to 4.15 volts.

I also have a low voltage P60 for use with AA. The new Duracells are 2400MaH. So in theory, the low voltage light should do everything the high voltage 18650 light can do. Right?

No.

The low voltage light will be unable to supply 3a to the emitter (assuming xm-l/l2).

A single 18650 would have to be extremely poor to not be able to supply 3a to an emitter, as said two will not even break a sweat.

Also keep in mind what was said above, the 3400mah cells do sag pretty hard even at 3a, they’ll still light the emitter but not at full output.

I personally find I get longer regulated time out of 2800mah sanyos than I do from the 3400mah panasonics, just because they hold voltage up better under load.

My personal favorites for runtime vs output ar the ncr18650pd or pf cells, although these see much more use in ecigs than torches due to their high current capability.

Basically, as said above, if you stick to Panasonic/samsung/sanyo/lg cells you will not go far wrong, I also do not believe in the light you are using you will see any difference between any cells from any of the above manufacturers, your only going to see any difference when you go to really high output high vf emitters and very high output driver’s. Thats when you need to start worrying about sticking to 20r’s or mnke cells.

If runtime is a real issue, get something like a trustfire a8 or one of the clones, build it up with a 2.6a ld25 driver (the lower load is not noticeable visually but is very noticed when it comes to runtime) and run it on a good 26650 like a king kong, the difference in runtime really is noticeable whilst the difference in size is not.