HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

I agree. The build quality of the first was great, my only complaint was the lower than advertised output, and they corrected that with the second model, as well as updating the switch and output levels. For the $75 I paid, I feel like I got a bargain!

I agree. The build quality of the first was great, my only complaint was the lower than advertised output, and they corrected that with the second model, as well as updating the switch and output levels. For the $75 I paid, I feel like I got a bargain!

Still complete silence after my last PM from a couple of weeks ago and a mail from last week. I give it another week, but this is most likely heading to my first PayPal dispute… a real pity it is.

It almost seems like the people who complained (and opened up a paypal dispute) right at first were the ones who got replacement lights… is that accurate?

I am on the same boat. Still waiting for a reply. I’ll wait and see what you guys decide to do next. I still have some hope :smiley:

Also as one of the early reviewers of the MT07, I didn't really consider the thread roughness issue, though it does make itself evident in the detailed pic of the threads I have in the review. I believe I did notice the thread discoloration, just didn't think it was an issue in my unit because a normal amount of Nyogel did a good job on it, and as became apparent, mine wasn't as bad as others that followed.

The battery setup with the limitations has been very disappointing though, even though I mention it in the review, but probably didn't make it more noteworthy. The performance on my unit was quite good, so I didn't know what was yet to come out of all the performance issues that eventually became apparent - classic hit & miss chance, roll of the dice whether you get a good one or bad one.

Overall I feel this was not a good rollout for a new company with a first product. They clearly should have taken more time in testing and getting feedback from early BETA testers,and had better quality control. It's expensive and time consuming to do proper pre-production rollouts and BETA testing, and it's rarely done in this field, apparently. I was hoping I'd get my unit before production started so my immediate feedback could have been considered, but I would have missed the performance problem anyway, and I feel this was the worse issue.

I'd love to order a MT03 at this point, but only if it's guaranteed it would be a "good" one, and I have no clue if that can be guaranteed by the resellers. The pictures are outdated, nothing noted, so it's a guess.

Meh… My Haikelight MT03 is not dispatched yet… :frowning:
Ordered feb 15…
…nothing to do with this topic i guess, but … :frowning:

I received a replacement mt03. One of the battery terminals was kind of missing.

It did not work with the original flat top batteries that I originally received with the light, but it worked fine with some protected button top cells.

Google Photos

Are you meaning those black circular things on positive end?
The new light would only have 2 on each end of battery tube, being it’s now 2S2P, if so just remove the other black things around all positive contacts, they serve no useful purpose.
Nice light now and bet you’ll notice the difference with one good double click, blam big light… ha ha
Glad to see your good news, been actually wondering what happened with you and yours since your last post and shows that Haike might still be on the job, somewhat…

I have received my replacement too, after waiting for a long time. The newer version is really much, much, much better than the first i received. I’m so loving the product and kiddo to Lee for sending a replacement light. Although there is a bit of communication break down and long waiting time.

I’m wanting to take out the black spacer inside the battery tube. However after unscrewing, the battery plate seems to be glued to the battery tube. Anybody managed to take out without damaging any of the component inside?

Hi Arufonsi, Mine appeared to have a small amount of something on the top contact board also, what I did easily was to remove the two screws removed that silver type coated ring and then flip the tube over and I put a battery in the tube on a Posi contact, not spring neg, and then just took another battery and placed it on the battery already in the tube, neg to neg, then with palm of my hand a gently smack on that second battery and the top plate popped right out, then I removed very Gently those black posi plastic reverse polarity guards, or so I think that’s the purpose they serve, but as mentioned removing them very gently so as to not scratch the boards black coating which if scratched exposes the copper underlay.
Hope that helps any… nice lights now for sure, sure wish it had just started with product like this, instead of how this all went down, what a mess but sure is nice to have resolved with little drama,

Edit: By the way, it just occurred to me and thought I’d just mention this, because I personally fiddled with putting it back together for sometime until I put my glasses on to see what on earth I was doing wrong, I couldn’t get the plate or the metal contact with the 2 screws back together to save my soul, well first I believe your smarter than me, but just in case, it helps to first make sure your putting the plate in correctly, you don’t want to look in there after assembly and see spring to spring, Yes I did that while talking to someone and not paying attention, put I also realized it is good to after setting the contact plate on the tube to use the screws and set that plate down solid, it’s easy to get it cockeyed by a little and then the screw won’t line up and then the part that’s really embarrassing to admit is on the metal plate on one side the screw holes are recessed and the other side flat, it makes a difference, believe me… ha ha ha

My new battery plates and driver showed up today. I was starting to get worried and getting ready to file a paypal dispute after not hearing anything after they asked for my address again.

edit: That excitement was short lived. The screws in this thing are to chowdered out to remove. Back to square one.

Hi T18, glad that your issue has been resolved. Followed your advice and i push the plate out with two battery neg to neg contact to prevent damage to the positive end. I believed the plate is held on by friction with the battery plate made slightly bigger than the tube on both end. Took out the black plastic and insert the VTC6 and the light worked wonderfully. I’m very impressed by GearBest shipping speed, shipping to SG is by default priority shipping and the product arrived in just 4 days after i place the order!

Hi techieman33, the first light i got from Haikelite had that issue too, the thread of the screws were totally worn out and one method maybe you can try using is placing a flat rubber piece in between the screws and the phillips screwdriver. Works for me and the screws were not very tight on factory so i’m able to get them out. Remember to replace the screws after fixing it or you gonna face the same issue the next time you need to unscrew them!

Hi guys, I also received my new MT03. And yes, it is much, much better than my first one. I also have shaved the led of my MT07 4S model and it throws now a bit further than my Nitecore TM 16 GT. I also like to thank Lee for solving this problem with my MT03 4S. :THUMBS-UP:

No reactions to PMs, emails or PayPal messages… just escalated the thing. Guess no 10000 lumen light for me :person_facepalming:

Yeah—Guess my replacement drivers and battery plates are lost at sea—been quite a while since I received a tracking # for them that never worked

Same here. There has been no response for 3 weeks, and I’ve sent a reminder PM every week. I will have a 10,000 lumen light, eventually, but I will not likely have any more Haikelights.

KuoH

I'm still waiting for my replacement drivers too. I received a tracking number on Feb 21 and was told the package would arrive in 7 to 15 days. The tracking didn't work until March 17th. Since then, it has said "Pre-Shipment".

I really feel fortunate and lousy at the same time, I got part of my replacements lights and tried to inquire once and just wrote the other light off, 2 out of 3 lights owed, so I do consider myself extremely lucky for once.
I think they know that PayPal will be doing the refunds and not them per se, or so as I understand how the dispute process and how PayPal protection works, but PayPal will probably sue these guys for their costs,
These guys where here 16 hrs ago so their around somewhere and just watching, why is what I wonder, why not take care of these small issue, especially just parts related?,

You can go to a hardware store and buy a set of reverse screw easy outs, they are designed to grip the thread in counter clockwise direction, the same as if you were unscrewing a decent screw, these sorts of cheap tools to me are the most valuable actually, they only cost like $5 USD at our Harbor Freight and it’s nice when you have a messed up screw like these you just get the one that fits that head and out it comes, but as mentioned pickup new screws, frankly it would seem to me that any Co. with any kind of act together, which I know the answer to that, would have sent you new screws with the new parts,
Bye the way in all of my first lights every screw was mangled, but having these easy outs I didn’t even give it anymore thought than some idiot is using a drill or cordless driver to screw these in and then just kept grinding away at the cheap aluminum screw, that is really unbelievable to me, the screws are so light weight and cheap if you have no clutch you’d strip these screws immediately. And using the wrong size phillips bit.

^

+1 on the "easy out" bits (bits for stripped screw heads). Very handy bits to have on hand regardless.

I didn't realize that someone had received their replacement drivers. That is a good sign and makes me feel a good deal better.