HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

First thing I did was to take those plastic blocking pieces off - only reason they are on seems to block usage of flat top cells. Mine came off relatively easy. Then resistor modded to boost output - nice bump. All for the MT07.

You are sure right about that Tom, funny is I haven’t seen removing them mentioned and yes they are only hot glued on and poorly at that, I used a razor knife and just flicked them off but not before I tried to shave one down and that’s when it came off and it dawned on me what was holding them on, just a dab of hot glue,
I was sitting here staring at them and wondering why they were there in the first place, so off they came, I wish I knew how to do that resistor mod, perhaps someday I’ll figure that out but I’m really just pleased with myself to figure out the plastic things. ha ha :laughing:

Mhanlen removed his too , in his youtube review .

Easy mod . Hope it will be OK with the VTC6s after the mod .

Yea, not sure where I mentioned it but know I posted it but didn't take any pics - thought I did but looked and couldn't find any. Why would there be a problem with VTC6's? Those plastic pieces only serve to block some cells - can't see/think of any problem with removing them.

Thanx for all the kind words there . Had to look - found it, here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/42543/89, in the MT07 review thread, post #89

You are most welcome Tom, and I read your post having no doubt you would have noticed this and what was interesting to me besides the plastic things was your comment about connection and getting different or solid voltage results, I had written a post questioning that possibility but took it off because I thought it might sound nuts but I to was measuring voltages before and then measured after removing the plastic things and it was a noticeable increase, all while trying to figure out why my 3rd mode is nothing more than a barely noticeable flash as if it’s skipping a mode, not sure if I’m making sense but was thinking if I had better voltage contact more direct power maybe it would restore that mode, it didn’t, but was trying to think outside the box,
Edit: Delete rambling I always say to much, seems my posts are more like thinking out loud… ha

I'm sure glad you took that picture and reported T18. If my lights every depart from China and get here, I'm pulling the MCPCB's and making sure no loose metal chunks from those 2 Lead holes are under it. I'll also be checking to make sure the edges of the MCPCB don't get lifted up by the surrounding slope that appears to exist in your picture.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it appears the holes through the MCPCB are too far apart. Maybe just enough to make it difficult to get the second screw started, resulting in assemblers only putting in one screw and than saying "screw it" instead of actually doing it for the other hole.

In HL's defense, I have seen worse from established high-end manufactures.

I received my MT03 CW today, and everything works as it should, but the output isn’t quite what I was expecting. I tested it on my homemade lightbox, and it tested around 1,500 lumens brighter than my Convoy L6, putting it at right around 5,000 lumens. I thought this light was tested by two independant testers and both tested it at right around 10,000 lumens.
I’m using the batteries that Haikelite was selling along with their light, do you think that could be the issue?

I received my MT03 CW today, and everything works as it should, but the output isn’t quite what I was expecting. I tested it on my homemade lightbox, and it tested around 1,500 lumens brighter than my Convoy L6, putting it at right around 5,000 lumens. I thought this light was tested by two independant testers and both tested it at right around 10,000 lumens.
I’m using the batteries that Haikelite was selling along with their light, do you think that could be the issue?

Hmm, I still haven’t received mine, tracking number still doesn’t work.

I’ve tried mine with several different cells—same output always— even with some Sanyo laptop pulls— NW= 5500 lumens

I’m getting right around the same. I don’t understand why we’re getting so much less than the two guys who reviewed them only a little over a month ago, as both of those models tested out at nearly 10,000 lumens? I was so excited for this light, but I’m pretty let down after testing it last night.

Mean while in shipping purgatory … :frowning:

Easy change the tale cap PCB and the driver so all springs are on one side that should work.

I have a sneaking suspicion this also happen to me! I found out not all batteries where making contact. The MT03 will run on only two cells but at a lower max output. So make sure the batteries are making proper contact. Check the voltage with the battery tube pulled it at the driver side. Mine was the 2S2P with all 4 cells you will see a slight increase in voltage like .5 volts that will indicate that all cells are making contact.

At least your shipping number works. Mine’s invalid at USPS and 17track.

I’ll give it a couple weeks, then I am going to seriously consider a PayPal dispute.

Right now, I’d’ve gladly paid the difference for an Olight X7. Known working quantity. And to think I paid for this vs a L6. :confused:

If they shipped it dhl it won’t work on USPS. Two different companies. Sometimes track 17 can find it.

Kinda surprised they have been missing in action here. I get its a new start up and they were rushed that was there decision though. Anyone would rather wait a week or two for properly assembled lights. I don’t understand how some people are OK with paying 100-120+ for a light and it not be as advertised with problems. And just being fine with it. I don’t know what kind of solution could be drafted

Don’t worry you will be satisfied with the flashlight once you get it.

My experience (MT03):

- Never received tracking info, still got it via DHL

- Paid for 4s, received the other one

- Paid $5 for custom name printed, no name printed

- Screw on the tail cap is very good, small imperfection

• Screw on the body/head is bad - damaged (like on example pictures someone posted earlier) and not smoooth when turning

My question is what did I lose by not receiving 4s version?

I like the flashlight.

Finally received the MT03, however I paid for 8 batteries and only received 4. PM’d Haikelite, still waiting for a reply.

Well, I got mine.
Threads are okay, smooth but missing some anodizing and some edges are extremely sharp, but not the ones you’re most likely to touch. Anodizing is matte black, I really like that. I can only get three fingers on the light unless I put my index finger on the fins.

Modes 2 and three are too close together. You can’t go from moonlight or turbo (from off) to other modes, you have to turn it off then short-click to mode 1. I really want to replace the driver with one that has a better UI like Bistro or something.

It’s fairly bright, but I only had a 4-set of Samsung 30B cells. The light runs fine on 4.35v cells too. I think I received the 4S version as ordered.

It seems to be worth what I paid for it for the group buy. If I had to pay full MSRP, I’d be looking at an Olight X7.