HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

I didn’t honestly believe you weren’t aware of what I mentioned but at least you heard something, but if I could make a suggestion, tell him to keep the darn whatever, and send a completely working light, period…!!

Edit: I don’t know, at this rate by the time you get a light working you might have enough parts to build one or two more… just a thought… :smiling_imp:

Yeah, I replied that the only acceptable options to me were a new working light, or a refund.

Perfect, glad to hear that, the new lights are awesome, should have been this way out the gate, I’ve never had to hassle this much for a light… Good news though…!!

Exactly the same for me. This is pathetic.

Thinking the parts might actually arrive, I tried some disassembly and also found mauled top batteryplate screwheads, but got them out. Not going to waste any more time on this until parts, if ever, are in-hand.

Just got a PM from Lee, they’ve agreed to send me a new light, and have me return the old one to a US address. Hopefully it gets here soon, and things work out well for the rest of you.

I just got a PM from Lee saying my package was in the USA and I should receive it soon. What is this super duper tracking that vendors have? Why don't they share it with us so we don't have to wonder wtf is going on?

Again, same here, exactly. We will see what actually happens….

If Lee does come through for you guys, you’re gonna be thrilled with what he sends you. The Mt03 version 2 is one of the top lights on the market regardless of price.

So … within a couple of days after escalation Lee replied with me that they just received the light that was sent to me (tracking showed it to be back at the 14th of Februari, but OK). He promised me to give back the money, which happened the day after. Furthermore, I was recommended to buy the light at GB or BG, but could still buy it again directly from Haikelite for a special price.

Guess I will wait until another lumen monster with decent price/tint will be released.

Well Rick, dang, all that for that, seems they should have paid you for being able to not go to China and joke the Haike out of them, glad you got your money back but that sort of wasn’t why you spent it in the first place.
Well it’s like you said, hope your on the Q8 list as this one seems almost ready to go,

Yay! Five months after my original order, the tracking for the replacement drivers finally went from "Pre-Shipment" ot "In Transit". Soon, the light I promised my wife over a half a year ago will become a reality. Now to figure out how to fix the mushy buttons and such. Next time, I won't try to save the vendor money.

I was away a couple of days and a little rectangular box came with the replacement driver, 2 battery plates, screws and a plated spring to solder onto the driver!

A little hard to reuse the same wire leads and the driver had a different layout. Some small space wire maneuvering, basic wire soldering and minor fitting of the driver and battery plates. I reused the double driver spring. The replacement spring was only single. Who knows if it matters.

Was not a simple project and was a decent match for my growing skills. My new old 2S2P MT03 now works. Yeah!

I agree with 4Wheeler that next time I won’t volunteer to fix something relatively complicated that Haikelight should have replaced outright in the first place. Took way, way too long to get to this point also - painfully slow action from Haikelight and serious shipping agent problems from what I can tell. I like my light, but I am done with Haikelight and I wish the others of you still waiting good luck in getting resolution.

I’ve got a MT07 sitting in LA, that I ordered from Banggood, should I be prepared to fix something when it arrives?

That should be the new batch, and honestly I haven’t read anything bad about them. But of course, you never know…

Can you confirm if they are 2S2P or 4S configured?

Who’s interested in a new (possible) group buy? Haikelite MT01 “Trekker”

http://haikelite.top/index.php/haikelite-mt01-trekker-on-sale-on-april-8th.html

3*18650 (3P1S)
1*XHP50
2500 lumens
280 grams
135mm x 51mm x 45mm

With all the positive feedback from people who got their replacements i think this one will be good !

I’m in :wink:

I think this is going to be an interesting happening. Can Haikelite get it right from day one with this new light? Certainly looks to be another great light.

Good info. Thank you for reporting your status in resolution. It's good to hear you finally got the driver and plates. The slowness in fulfilling their end of the agreed upon resolution is very disappointing. Especially, when they are selling new product that is rapidly delivered according to some reports. The failure to include the necessary replacement leads is even more disappointing.

On a positive note, congrats on your conversion. It is a mod that you should be proud of accomplishing. If you haven't entered my 7K giveaway, I welcome you to use your above post or any of your other mod posts to join it.

Looks very good. I hope they go through some effort and choose at least the NW emitter carefully. Most XHP50s I’ve seen have been quite unneutral in tint to say the least. Haven’t tried the XHP50.2.