HaikeLite MT09R Group buy Feeler(First Beam Shots)12-29-2017

How many kcd could the xhp35 version throw?

“Similar” to Acebeam x65, which can 430kcd and 12k lumens. That has 108 mm head and there are 3 leds next to each other. MT09R has 74 mm head and there are 2 leds next to each other. So both of them have same width of “mini reflectors”. Another question is the depth of these reflecrtors.

Would you are satisfied with 250kcd? :smiley:

I will probably wait until more reviews come out… or the price goes down. Hope the light is a success!

After the group buy, prices only go up.

For the quality vs price, there will be a code a year from now :smiley: I was wanting a Blue one but not paying the asking price for a Haikelite. Its more then the GT! Haikelite does not have a good track record for quality. I’m sure they will get there though :+1:

Can someone explain me what is TA driver? TA Driver , Current regulation on Low Low > Low> Medium>High ;

It stands for Texas Avenger which is designed by our own Texas_Ace BLF member. They are bad a$$ drivers.

Texas Avenger ‘TA’ Driver series - Triple channel + Bistro or Narsil + Clicky or E-switch - The Ultimate open source driver!

Thanks man. I am kind of new here. Lol…

So blf q8, emisar d4/d1, and blf gt use narsil ???

What is the differenxe between narsil and TA driver ??

No, Narsil and NarsilM are firmware or software.
The Q8 uses NarsilM v1.0.
The GT uses NarsilM v1.2.
The Emisar D4/D1 use IOS Ramping. It’s similar to Narsil, but it can’t do as much. No mode sets for instance (low, med, high, etc) it’s ramping only. Plus some of it’s features are a bit different.

The TA driver is the hardware. The actual printed circuit board with all the components on it. It’s pretty fancy and has a lot of memory storage for a big firmware like Narsil. It will also run many other firmwares like Bistro and many others.

From beamshot, I think it is around 200kcd. That’s why I choose not to order yet.

200kcd would be very disappointing. Do you think it’s at all likely that the XHP35 can actually do 7500 lumens?

Those are estimated LED lumens. I think OTF lumens is around 6000 lumens for short time.

Ok, I am waiting for a sample review. I hope it will happen before the closing of group buy.

I’m interested -
A question - will the CW 70.2 version generate a few more lumens than the NW version?
For this light next purchase, I’m tryingb to decide between this and the Imalent dt70, as they are selling same price. Lots of info and reviews out the for the dt70, not so much on this one yet.

I like the idea that the dt70 is a bit smaller in form. However, I’m assuming the newer 70.2 emitters will be way more efficient in power drain (also three versus four).
Any thoughts on a comparison between these two lights?
Thanks

I would like to know whether LVP and thermal management is of Haikelite’s design. Or perhaps the TA drivers have their own design?

The reason for the small amount reserved is the price, 35 should be $10 cheaper and the 70.2 $20 cheaper. Haikelite is not a premium brand and should not be priced as one. I bought the Haikelite MT03 for $75 and the MT07 for $65 during the group buy for them. That’s $140 for two lights, the MT09R 70.2 is $125 by itself. Still might order one after the review but it will only be one and that will be after thinking about it for a while.

Same here, after thinking it through I’m holding until a better deal shows up or a review fully convinces me. For me the 35HI version should be priced higher than the Q8, but not double.

I’m getting one for sure, including the charger. But anyone who wants a 20000mAh Xiaomi unit can get one for $20-$30 . This deal is good for some people, like me, but it’s not for everyone. There are only so many lights and so much redundancy you can justify.

My second MT07S came today. The first one had finger prints on the reflector and the second one has what looks to be like o-ring lube on the inside of the lens.

I hope when my MT09R comes it’s fully clean. It’s not hard to open it up and clean it. But I want my brand new light to look brand new when it gets to me

In comparing prices, remember the Imalent includes high-drain protected cells, usually selling for ~$7 to $11 each.

True. And I think we should also compare to discount prices, so Imalent DT70 price ≈ $160. Subtract the 4 included protected 30Q batteries and you get something around $120 for the Imalent DT70. It’s about the same price compared to the haikelite MT09R.