Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

Ok, thanks SB

Also, in view of the exchange with a racial slur that was re-posted here (i.e. it was not originally posted on BLF), I would like to be perfectly clear that BLF condemns racism in all its forms, full stop. My apologies to any of our users in China or elsewhere that were rightfully offended by that. It was good to see how our users here denounced that kind of garbage.

Very sad. It looked like a very nice light. Since I already bought a few 26650 cells, I need something similar. The main reason for me buying this light was it’s size. Any advice for a similar light is appreciated.

That’s the thing. There are several other 26650 lights out there. However, currently there is no other 26350 light on the market, that I’m aware of. So, even with a refund, I’ve got a brand new cell that is basically useless, until some other company decides to make their own 26350 light.

I also want to be perfectly clear that I do not condone or defend in any way Mr. White's Facebook post containing the racial slur. I absolutely condemn it and am still at a loss for words to even describe my reaction to it. My only purpose in the posting of the screen capture is to bring information to the situation at hand.

Mods if you are so inclined, I will take down the capture if requested.

Never fun to see someone pushed to their breaking point.
Regarding haikelite, I had my doubts after reading about the driver fiasco.
After seeing how they dealt with this issue in social media it should show anyone who’s considering becoming a dealer what to expect when something goes wrong. And based on recent history, things can go wrong.
So glad they’re not involved in the FW3A project!

Haikelite will release the SC26 with XHP35 emitter for ~2000 lumens. But you most likely will not get this light from Terry. Either a Chinese vendor will sell this, or maybe Haikelite will sell directly.
The other light that uses a 26350 is the Imalent BG10, which is a bike light. So it’s not exactly a direct replacement for the SC26.

They better plan to have the SC26 rigorously tested by independent sources. Any one who buys this light sight unseen is a fool.

I’m back to thinking about a D4 as my new edc. I dont see my self buying a Haiklite anytime soon. This whole situation went straight down the tubes.

I’ve ordered a Convoy BD06 for my 26650 since this GB imploded, if anyone within 20 miles of St. Louis has a need for my 26350 battery I will hand deliver it to you.
(Any excuse to get out on the motorcycle in this beautiful weather!)
PM me.

Titanium is on sale and Hank at Intl-outdoors is amazing!

I know there are other 26650 lights (like my BD06) but I have yet to find one as small as discussed in this thread.

That’s good news, any idea about the ETA?

I’ve been following all of the MT09R threads and from my understanding Terry repaired ZERO units from the GB. I (like other GB members) who couldn’t wait for Haikelite to send us the new TA driver, paid TA to swap it for us. The 60 units Terry claimed he fixed was so he can sell those units to customers for his sole benefit. According to HL, Terry didn’t pay HL a dime by making a false promise to HL that he would pay them after he sells off his stock. Terry pocketed 100% of the money from selling HL goods. Now Terry wants HL to pay him an additional $95 for each of the units he ripped HL off, where he already pocketed 100%. I am most upset at him using THIS ABSURD REASON to justify his scamming of BLF members to continue purchasing the SC26 from him with constant promises that the SC26 has been shipped and is arriving. Terry said he was in daily contact with HL so there’s no way he wouldn’t have known whether it was shipped or not. Also Terry repeatedly said in his fire sales that he was selling his HL goods at or below his cost, which is a blatant lie as he never even paid a penny for those goods he sold.

$32 is really not a lot of money. However, I am mad how he has been telling so many lies and exploiting our sympathy. Although HL is a victim in this too, their way of handling matters and issues sucks, so they somewhat deserves being suckered too (you learn from your mistakes). If there’s any problems, they should be transparent instead of staying silent, and we would be understanding and potentially help out. They need to learn from TA how to conduct business.

The tester buys it unseen :slight_smile:
Perhaps Haikelite can supply a light for free to a tester.

The light is typically supplied for free. Why less accept the chore of testing it in the first place, especially in this case.

No. But a member already received a sample: Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed. - #535 by Pok

By reading through what Terry Saïd in the MT09R Group Buy and in the SC26 Group Buy, something seems more and more fishy about Terry.

He makes a lot of typos, he insults other people and their culture(I do not condone racism of any sort), he claims money for repairs that he has only done on 3 of their MT09Rs, and asks for 30x times more than amount for lights that only and probably only Texas Ace will fix.

He also did not do a single, even little update on BLF, but had the time to do so on Facebook, and the nerve to ignore the SC26 thread, but continues posting on the MT09R threads for his own store. He also didn’t respond with calmness to the situation, and starts blaming his problems only to Haikelite, and not himself due to family problems.

For that last one, had he not posted anything on both Facebook and any thread on BLF until his daughter’s graduation was over, I would have shut up and said nothing, especially if he then responded calmly and rationally.

To me, it seems that Terry deserves 80% of the fault, and Haikelite 20% for the butched drivers which used 7135s, and for not paying Texas Ace for the new drivers until now, or maybe a bit more.

Edited for more clarity.

Where HL is at fault is not properly paying TA for his work. If they weren’t trying to save face in this situation, I wonder if they would have paid him at all.

Thank you. Edited the message.

What I want from Haikelite though is to send a known and trusted reviewer an XPL HI version of the SC26 to check if Terry’s claims of only doing 800 lumens from an XPL HI are really true.

Seeing what Terry has said and done these last weeks, it may not surprise me that maybe, just maybe, Terry is maybe lying about the SC26s meagre output, and not sending the lights he maybe actually already received until he actually receives another payment from Haikelite, so double dipping his revenue while doing absolutely nothing other than claiming that after having sent the payment, Haikelite did not send anything.

Some scary thoughts, but it may be possible.