Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

I’m still going to buy the sc26 but not from Terry. However, as others have pointed out, how hard is it to get 1100 lumens from an xpl-hi? I wouldn’t think that required some fantastical driver.

It took me about 4 days after having to appeal stating that I never received my item that was promised in March.

[quote=FlashKat]
It took me about 4 days after having to appeal stating that I never received my item that was promised in March.

[quote=Ocelot]

So I presume you paid PayPal and filed a dispute ?

no such luck here...

Yes I did Paypal.
I wish you the best of luck!!!
If you paid by credit card, then they can get you a refund.

[quote=Ocelot]

[quote=FlashKat]

rather easy to do with a single cell overdriving an XP-L HI as per original spec....

...but where’s this mention of an XHP35 sourced !? It’s a 6v or 12v driven LED ?

imbe confused kitty....

[quote=Ocelot]

[quote=FlashKat]

If you paid with credit card simply file a dispute with them. Terry will have to prove he both shipped it and you recieved it. Since he didn’t you will get a refund.

The gift of Haikelite? Seriously, I had this discussion some time ago via PM. It’s a single cell XP-L(2)/XM-L2, one of those 1000 lumen lights… How hard can it be?
Well if you’ve seen the video of the SC26 there are two things you can deduct. One is when the light was ramped down to a minimum, it would jump a little to a higher output in the end. Secondly, the battery indicator would blink inconsistently. The ramping phenomenon is identical to that of the MT09R, and the inconsistent battery indicator is an issue previous Haikelite models have.
So I was thinking it’s the same manufacturer of the original MT09R driver, and those guys simply lack skills to design a good driver. Maybe it’s a company that design electronic components, but have little to no experience designing flashlight drivers. Just a thought.

....just read Terry’s post #600, left me sick to my stomach.

all this bad business over a huge dispute over a necessary design change in the MT09R and who’s going to pick up the tab, meanwhile the SC26 hopefuls are forced to be mushroomed and wait the outcome...

there is a genuine hero in all this, it’s Texas Ace, who not only fixed the driver flaws but offered other mods to turn the MT09R into a screamer of a light (the MT09R mod thread) .

Terry’s assertion that the proto SC26s are barely 800 lumens with an XP-L is enough to shatter my confidence in the brand, and thusly Terry’s business as the exclusive N American distributor.

methinks your thoughts are spot-on !

Haikelite said in this post that they have changed to an XHP35, guessing because the performance of the XP-L version couldn’t meet their design target specs so they rather fix it before rushing to ship out another product with no QC like the original MT09R.

I also want to know if it is 6v or 12v and if they worked out the ramping issue in their driver.

Does anyone know the timeline of when Terry first promised the lights? The first post has 4/13, but I think that was an edited posted. I thought I recalled that the group buy was suppose to end mid-feb with lights expected to ship about 30 days later. I could be mistaken, but just wanted to correctly identify it on my Paypal refund claim.

Here’s how I see it:

I paid for an SC26 back in February.
I have not received an SC26.
I do not want a light that does not work up to spec and may have issues similar to other HL lights.
I want my money and not when and if HL pays Terry.
They can sort it out, between each other.
My money should not be held hostage until they figure out a reasonable outcome.
The dispute between HL and Terry and payment for another group buy entirely is not my problem, even though that’s the way it’s being played out.
Both parties have lost my confidence.

It is 12v, the xhp35 is not available in a 6v version.

They were supposed to send me an XHP35 SC26 for testing but it never showed up.

If they get it right it could be pretty darn nice but it would also make them the first to properly drive an XHP35 in a production single cell light that I am aware of.

I have a Zebralight that drives a XHP35 HI pretty righteously

Same… I got nothing to do with this situation… I did email terry for the refund for my sc26.

Even though it’s a 3 cell light, my Haikelite MT02 with xhp35 emitter runs on a single cell just fine, as far as I can tell.

I am not going to defend Terry, the reality is the only person who knows for sure what is going on, isn’t talking. Having said that, I spent about 20 years doing business involving high technology products Internationally. Often seeming simple transactions are in fact incredibly complex. For example Terry might be paying via Irrevocable Letter of Credit or may have unusual terms, such as net 90 (I have even seen Net 180). With a letter of credit, the bank may not release the funds to the seller’s bank until there is evidence (shipping documents and customs clearance) of the goods in the USA. On letter of credit transactions, in general, all of the i’s really do have to be dotted, and the t’s crossed, and sometimes these terms and conditions are more than a little ‘strange’ and in most cases even very minor discrepancies can substantially delay payment and increase the bank charges. Then there are all sorts of things beyond the control of either party that can go wrong. I had a shipment in route to Saudi Arabia when the first Gulf War broke out, it sat in Amman Jordan for 4 months! Because of the politics involved, the Saudi’s would no longer allow Royal Jordanian Airlines into the country, so the shipment had to be sent to Cairo, where Egypt Air carried it to Dhahran. Unfortunately somewhere along the way, the shipment was removed from the pallet it was on, and arrived in Dhahran over a period of several days. Naturally none of the shipping documents actually matched up because they covered the entire shipment, and it arrived piecemeal. It took a year to get that one completely sorted out and paid.

I can also remember a payment being delayed several days because the bank issuing the payment from Holland (ABN-AMRO IIRC) didn’t have sufficient funds available at Bank of America to make the payment (it involved almost $1 million). These transactions are rarely simple.

Until and unless we know all of the details of the transaction, it is impossible to determine what is actually going on. It is entirely possible that the terms of the transaction may not require payment until well after the goods have been received. So while the vendor may not have been paid, the terms may not have required it at this point either.

YOU REALLY NEED TO READ ALL OF THE POSTS!!! Terry confirmed several times that everything has been shipped, and we would receive it in a few days for the last 3 months.

Interesting, what currents are the LED’s pulling? The highest I have heard of from a single cell so far is around 1.5A.