Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

wow so a 1300 lumen light goes for around 800 is that a joke ? i dont ge thtem, after the mt09r disaster still they put lumens that are way off… how the hell do they expect people to have trust for their lights ?

No idea what amps the ZL SC600w III HI is pulling. All I care about is that it’s a little over 1100lm in a pocket sized package.

Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong. I join in the GB for SC26. I paid for it a few months back and I didn’t receive my goods. Why Terry has a hard time to refund everyone’s money? So he thinks that his lawyer will advise him is ok to take other people’s money, not to deliver. This GB is considered an internet sales and I think Terry just commit an internet fraud. I am not a lawyer, but all I know is I sent him the money, not HL. Why Terry has a hard to understand? I think he is a very smart person with flashlights but the business practice I am not so sure.

There is little doubt in my mind that Terry isn’t being dealt with completely fairly by HL.

It is still clear to me that he took money for 100 SC26 orders and used it to pay himself, possibly only temporarily, for the time he put in to fix the MT09R driver problem. If he actually sent the money to HL to order the 100 lights, then he should provide proof of that. He hasn’t and because of his misinformation and lack of simple, clear and accurate details regarding the progress of this group buy, I am left to believe that he isn’t willing to pay us until he feels that he and his business are compensated for the work he did.

That doesn’t sit well with me and I’m sure it happens more often that we would wish to believe in small businesses without lots of extra capital.

The fact is that these 100 orders were a business transaction between the buyers and Terry’s business, not HL. Therefore, Terry is the one who is responsible to refund the money we gave him (if we choose to not wait for delivery of the light).

I’m not willing to wait for a light that is reportedly not up to the published specs. I’m also not willing to spend even more to swap drivers to make it work as it should. I want my money back, have contacted Terry through his website as well as Paypal and expect my money returned to me right away. Paypal asks that I give Terry time to respond, but he responded through his website that I read his latest post here and expects me to wait even further until his dispute with HL over his labor and time is resolved. That’s simply not good enough for me.

Refund my money Terry.

It doesn’t matter what his motivations were. Terry never paid Haikelite for the SC26 units from the GB, so Haikelite never shipped them. Terry tried to use it as leverage to get paid for his warranty work for the MT09R. Terry then repeatedly lied about the status of the lights to the GB. Sounds a lot like fraud to me. Generally he sounds like a mentally ill lunatic. Haikelite is just as much at fault. They have routinely shipped faulty products and then cloned his driver and withheld payment from TA. Get your money back from Paypal and ban them both. If that is unfair I am sure the USAG will be happy to help Terry out.

You don’t have to wait for Terry to respond through Paypal. You can manually escalate the claim. Paypal will allow Terry to reply but you will get your money back. Enough claims and Terry will have account closed. You will get your money back though.

Finally some good news. :+1: :beer:

Ooof. That is bad.

Who got it though?

I would like someone based in Canada :slight_smile:

Having just read the majority of this thread my first question as an impartial onlooker is why is a dishonest dealer that has consistently lied to customers on BLF not been banned or prohibited from advertising or selling any other items via BLF?

People making Paypal refund claims should add a link to post #568 made by haikelite in the description of the problem in the refund request at Paypal.

Hi everyone, I am aware of the situation, and I learned of it at the same time that you all did. I imagine that “TheAuditor” is referring here to the collective forum’s response to this situation, which is yet to be determined. But I’d just like to clarify that BLF Rule #8 isn’t just boilerplate text; it is indeed a reality:

I don’t have any horses in this race whatsoever. I don’t mean to be unsympathetic to those who are being affected, but I have to recognize my limitations as a simple forum administrator / moderator. I really don’t have any more information on the truth of the situation than you guys do, so I can’t take any action yet.

This is an extremely important point. Let’s please be very certain to not throw around any baseless accusations or assumptions. And be what it may, please keep the discussion calm and civil. If I do have to temporarily close this thread, please understand that it would be to keep the peace here, and not as an attempt to suppress the truth coming out.

Are you in contact with Haikelite and or Terry? I think everyone would like to have more insight into what really happened. At this time I think I know what happened and how the members of this GB were ultimately being as used as a tool to try and settle an unrelated dispute.

What we do know for fact is damning enough, but that may not be a complete picture of the events.

The good news is since everyone paid via PayPal, everyone will receive a refund for their payment. What really is to be determined is the future of Terry and Haikelite as members of this community,

Nope, unfortunately I truly am in the same boat as all the rest of you in terms of complete and accurate information. Of course Haikelite and Terry are both welcome to send me a PM, but apart from that I’ve never had any contact with either party.

Yep.

Right. I’m not saying I’ll never take action, but I have learned over the years moderating this place that there are always two sides to any matter. So I’ll try to size up the situation together with the rest of you and we’ll see what happens.

[quote=cellguy]

I'm sure there was at least one post where the poster said he didn't pay with PayPal, other users were telling him to dispute via his bank.

[quote=Dave.]

I meant in the context of the GB. I could easily be wrong but I thought at that time PayPal was the only method available. But even so, direct credit card payment will be refunded as well since the lights never shipped.

I can echo this as well, I spent several years as Admin / Moderator on a few online forums before growing wise enough to know this is not a job you want and sometimes all you can do is try to keep issues from spilling over into other areas and see how it plays out.

An admin can ban someone but this is a big step and should be carried out only after hearing both sides of the argument and as a last resort.

Just opened a dispute on Paypal for a refund my order. What a train wreck. Terry’s business appears to be turning into a dumpster fire. Too much fake news.

Sigh… I just filed claims for both purchases… honestly I would rather have the lights, but that seems highly unlikely at this point and Haikelite has severely soiled their name as well. Ah well, perhaps we can create a BLF ‘Little Fatty’.

REFUND REQUESTED
Paid for in February, I patiently and quietly waited for this light to start shipping.
The initial ship date was “The first or second week of March”
The warning signs were there all along and I chose to ignore them, wanting to believe I would eventually receive this cool looking little fatty.
Stuff happens, overseas shipping and manufacturing SNAFU’s pop up, stuff takes time.

Some updates from the OP would have been nice.
Warning sign number 1
Numerous missed shipping dates came and went without updates.
Warning sign number 2
He avoided this group buy post of his like the plague once everyone paid.
Warning sign number 3
No details of the “sample” were ever posted.
Warning sign number 4
The only info available was from a different platform that I don’t particularly care for (FB)
Another warning sign?

Finally! May 23rd the lights are going to ship out in the next 2 or 3 days as soon as they get off the truck.

Then stuff like this is posted by OP on FB

The last part about receiving springs instead of lights is odd.
Every shipment I have ever received through customs or domestically had a shipping weight and a packing slip of some sort…pretty sure springs weigh quite a bit less than 100 lights….

I don’t know what agreements or disagreements have been made between Terry and Haikelite.
I don’t know who’s telling the truth or lying. I don’t know what has transpired exactly to bring us to this point. I don’t wish any ill will towards either Haikelite or Terry. I simply want a refund for the product paid for and never received.
What I do know is this:
I paid Terry White of hesaidshesaidsales for a product that has not been delivered, and it appears doubtful that it ever will be. I didn’t pay haikelite, or walmart, or amazon, etc. I paid Terry. Who despite any other issues he and haikelite may be having, is “on the hook” so to speak since he was the seller of the product and received the payment.
The warning signs were there and I chose to ignore them.
I bought a bunch of dumb stuff for this one: 26350 cells, tritium vials, some Norland…. Anyone else disgusted by the whole thing?
Welcome to June!

“lying little China man”?

Wow.

Yeah. Too bad about the derogatory racist comment.