Hand ( gun like) thrower host( or complete light)?

I am looking for something similar, but of course with a reflector designed for LEDs

Any idea where it can be found?

Are you willing to mod it or do you want it ready made? Pistol grip power tool lights are an option. Then there’s lots of vintage incan spotlights: “Big Beam on a stick” Model 50S12, Pathfinder Model 777. Lots more too. Search ebay for “vintage spotlight.” If you get a PAR46 model you could just toss a GE H7680X HIR bulb in it. That sucker throws like crazy.

The problem with those old ones are that their reflector is designed for a bulb not led emitter- i tried like half a dozen of those, even if the emitter is inside( tried even that, 2 emitters on a heat pipe) the hotspot( hard to call it a hotspot) isnt that good

Get a modded maglite and then buu the gun gril handle for it……that way you have the gun style and also can get the desired throw/flood out of how you mod the maglite

Yea they are designed for BULBS many of them. But you can put a shelf or finned heatsink in them and sandwhich an array of reflectors under an acrylic lens. Stick a fan on the back and juice ’er up.

Like This ?

This talk of pistol grip lights reminds me of this weird Walther brand light I saw recently.

Walther SLP500

I looked at the Stanley FatMax at Lowes. Looks like the reflectors are made for flood and there’s no good cooling. There’s also the Dorcy.

maybe something like this? :slight_smile:

Well, i need it for hunting, and the reflector should be suitable for 800+ meters range

Look what i boguth for 13 euros from the chinese sellers here:

The quality isnt good, but the handle is twistable, and the reflector is like 100mm, the hotspot is quite intense in spite of the emitter is driven only at 900ma, the reflector is actualy a headsink too :bigsmile:

Now i have to cut the ugly back and remove the battery- i think this have a potential, especialy when dedomed and driven at 3amp( have to work on the heatsinking too)

Heat. Plastic lights I typically stay away from. Heat is too hard to dissipate unless you can rig up some sorta heat sink? Its almost large enough to mount a box fan or window AC unit. lol :davie:

Yes, I read where you said have to work on heatsinking. (I typed that line for the folks who like to cut and past and say OP already knows, bla bla bla) :Sp

Anyway…………………I am thinking about some small computer heatsinks, and vent holds drilled that could be plugged with say a cork or rubber plug, then a Laptop micro fan?

If it's for hunting, why not use a headlamp, or mount a flashligt on your rifle?

Or you could go for a infrared setup so you don't scare of the prey :-)

Really like the Walther, can’t seem to find a US dealer and I can’t read German. What’s the price? For some reason I’m unable to quote LinusHofmann.

Price is given in swissfranks, around $95, not exactly cheap but it may be well constructed.
Dunno, couldn’t find any reviews for it.

Well, i `ve found what i am looking for

Here!

Unfortunately, they are hard to deal about sample orders, but i am persistent :slight_smile:

why does this looks so familiar~

I remember seeing this in my broadcasting days something called flashgun or gun light photography or something. hmm

though most of it were flood based lights