Harbor Freight Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

a 103450 cell and tp4056 board is a hack i do.charge anywhere you charge your phone.unless you have one of those bitten fruit things.

probably same factory.just a different sticker.

A problem with that light is that the 5mm LEDs cause a spot of light, like a flashlight, but sometimes you want a flood light. You can fix that. Just snip the tip off each LED to turn them into simple diffused LEDs that dont focus the light.
http://bigclive.com/ice.htm

I picked up these bent needle nose pliers today for $1.99. The tips are pretty small as they come, but I’m going to grind them down just a tad more. They should make a nice tool for removing and tightening retaining rings.

Your link is broken; here is the correct link:
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-3-4-quarter-inch-bent-needle-nose-pliers-40698.html

$2? I think you overpaid!

Thanks. I fixed my link. Well, I used my 20% off for something else, so $2 it was.

Just a heads up, I purchased two of these cordless drills in 2012 and got a letter in the mail basically describing this…
Recall

going to take them back Saturday. Check your part Nos. if you have one.

Woo hoo… free drills for me! I have two. Really crappy chucks. Hopefully the newer ones are better (yeah, right).

I replaced the LED/driver in the flashlights with an XML and a 1A buck converter… actually works quite well.

Found the well-worn receipt… I think it says $12.99 for the set…

Does that mean there will be/are new redesigned models sold?

Hey look at this

You can get an oscillating tool for $5 but you have to buy $50 of stuff before you are eligible.
But what if you don’t need anything costing $50+ and you don’t want to waste money on things you don’t need just to get that tool?
Perhaps you could buy $50+ of stuff to get that tool for $5, keep the tool and return the other stuff. :smiley:

After the new years coupons (25% off, free 3 1/2 flashlight, tarp, and zinc chloride AA/AAA cells) HF started giving away their new free items coupons (20% off, free 27 led flashlight, multimeter, and knife).
But there’s something different with these new coupons.

Usually they’d say “FREE with ANY purchase”. But these coupons say “FREE with minimum purchase of $4.99”. :open_mouth:
Is this the first time they require a minimum purchase amount? Will there be more and more of these kinds of coupons? Will the minimum purchase amount increase more and more?
The free with no purchase required coupons are already probably extinct (from what I have seen; I have never experienced those coupons). Soon the free with any purchase coupons will become rarer and rarer and eventually become extinct!
Is this the beginning of the end?
But I just started! :frowning:

they got wise to folks buying a $0.29 snap blade box cutter to get the “free” item.
and they got rid of my favorite cheap purchase item that i actually need.the $0.49 double ended screwdriver bit.i use em in my powerdrivers and they were good for about 6 months usage.
myself and everyone around me beat those coupons to death.
one guy took a whole tray of those magnet lights and dumped them in my bag,scanned the coupon,and fiddled with the register to complete the deal.but he knew what i was doing with them and i had set him up with parts to mod several of his.

Here’s a good item at Dollar Tree; since there’s no Dollar Tree thread, I’ll post it here because Harbor Freight is similar to Dollar Tree. I didn’t think Dollar Tree would have many deals at all to have an entire thread for them.

There are new solar garden lights; these ones have a neat Bellagio-style textured metal finish. We got a lot :stuck_out_tongue: And the next day they were gone :open_mouth:
These don’t appear to be on Dollar Tree’s website. :~ Rare item?

Not around here… they always seem to be in stock. Plus seasonal variations for spring (tulip shaped), 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc. I have a gaggle of tulips… And you don’t want to see my hoard of solar nodding figurines…

I took my recalled drills back to HF last week. I was hoping that they would give me complete new sets. But what they do is take the new drills out of the boxes and stuff the old ones back into the boxes. The guy was not very careful how he did it… he could have easily handed me back my old drills… at one point all four drills were sitting on the counter.

If you take back your drills, I’d try returning them with the old batteries still attached. You might get new drills and batteries back.

I wonder if they then stick the boxes back on the shelf? BTW, I paid $12 for the drill/flashlight kits a couple of years ago. They are now on sale for $25.

FREE ELECTRIC FLY SWATTER! and headlight

The fly swatter is definitely worth it! Small tarp would be handy, but that headlamp…

$19.99 value??? :zipper_mouth_face:

Incandescent, AA… Currently $2.99…

Perfect! Lay down the tarp, wait in the dark for the flies, then switch on the headlamp and zap them with the swatter! At the end of the night, wrap up the fly corpses in the tarp and dispose of them. Of course this lot would need to mod the fly swatter first…

LOL,
You forgot you’ll will need a trashbag to throw everything in.

But that’s what the 20% off coupon is for. :slight_smile:

Dispose? What a waste, you need to make Shoo Flu Pie…