Has anyone opened a Zanflare F1? [OPENED - Pictures]

I don’t have those tools unfortunately :frowning: I just have a torch butane lighter, what is not enough for this!
Still, I tried heating the part of the tube for some minutes, moving it around, without burning just a small space. I wear some thick gloves to move the parts if the tube, but it didn’t move a single millimeter …

I must say the the colour didn’t change, it remained black. Maybe because I didn’t put it into much heat, I don’t know…

The new F1 has arrived :partying_face: I missed this one :blush:
Thanks Gearbest for taking care of the situation and for sending a new light :+1:

C'mon fellows, submerge the flashlight in a little pot filled with white spirit and/or straight gasoline. Wait until threads roll. In case of emergency, boil the pot a bit.

Sort of like dedoming emitters.

Thanks, Dear. As a representative, I am so glad to share the happiness with you all, hope you will like the item.

Nice weekends, and thank you for your support all the time, do not forget we have a giveaway here, we will announce the winner hours later: Gearbest Giveaway: Sep-Super Bumper Harvest Festival

Not to be a ‘negative Nancy’, but this case makes me wonder what to expect when mine gets in, and why it was only $12.99…

O well, we’ll see. :slight_smile:

I recently got some TIRs in from, you’ll never guess: Deal Extreme. :smiley:
They’re slightly larger than 20mm and might just be perfect for the F1.
Link: http://www.dx.com/p/21mm-led-acrylic-lens-for-flashlight-5-pack-41690#.WbyRyNfk6PI
They’re quite nice. Tight beam and also a circle of ‘spill’.
I’m still getting to know them better, but they are a little larger than the average “20mm” TIRs.
Maybe worth a try.

Thank you Gearbest :wink: :partying_face:

Thank you for your advice about TIRs. 12.99$ is actually only the price for Big Promotion to thank you for your support:) max per order: 1 piece.

Do not worry, we just set the special codes for our members:P

If you have any need about products codes, we will try our best to set codes for you, of course :beer: :beer:

@Gearbest:
When you want to use modern Cree LEDs like XP-G3 and XP-L2 you will have to use TIR optics in stead of a normal reflector, because the modern Cree LEDs have some serious tint shift issues, very visible when you use a normal reflector.

(I proposed the DX TIR to MascaratumB because he likes TIRs too, and he could fix his damaged F1 with it.)

So kind of you, Dear Jerommel, to give us advice and kind help here, thank you for thousands times :+1: I will sahre the info with my team, thank you.

I think at BLF we should help eachother, even people like you who take all our money. :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry Jerommel, I guess I missed to answer you before :person_facepalming:
About to expect of the F1, I guess you can expect the best! I’m pretty sure that mine was a not so good item, but the new one seems to be in perfect conditions (NO, I did NOT test it in water NOR will I do that :expressionless: )!

About the TIR lens, I do like some, specially those that produce a more floody beam (pebbled) and some with narrow beam, but not all.
The one you showed in the link doesn’t seem to be the case. Last month I got a SS steel light (3xAAA / 18650) with a TIR like that , and this is the beam:

So, nowhere near the beam of the F1! Of course this light had a different LED, but that beam is not so good! I the modded the light, putting in a XML2 + ConvoyS2+ OP Reflector + S2+ AR Coated Lens. Now it works fine :sunglasses:

Also, I don’t know if the F1 bezel would take that lens inside if it. I can’t measure now, but later I’ll do it and let you know, in case you wanna do some changes!

Anyway, thanks so much for the suggestion and sorry for the late reply :wink: