Has anyone seen this light? Ultrafire 2x26650b UPDATE: purchased

Hey all, new guy here to ask a question :slight_smile:

I have been looking around at 2 x 26650 tail-cap clicky lights and have come across the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-2500-Lumens-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-2x-26650-18650-Battery-Flashlight-Torch-/161200090476?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2588462d6c

http://www.outdoorbuying.com/ultrafire-2x26650b-cree-xm-l-t6-5-modes-led-flashlight-2x18650-2x26650-odb690.html (note: I have no experience with this seller, the site came up in a Google search and is used for example)

Has anyone seen/had experience with this light? As far as I can tell, the model is 2x2650b which does not turn up much in searches.

EDIT: Now purchased, see 6 posts down for pictures and information

I’ve purchased a host from Outdoorbuying before, nothing out of the ordinary occured.

That light can be found at many Chinese retailers and places like Ebay and Aliexpress for about half of what both of the ones you linked to are. I’ve seen them in gold, brown, copper and gray colors.

Here’s one for $16.69
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000LM-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-18650-26650-Portable-Torch-/181471931732?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2a4091ed54

Here’s another for $16.89
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2200LM-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-5-Modes-18650-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-Light-Camping-/151408636579?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2340a872a3

Thanks for the links!

Has anyone actually purchased one of these? I was thinking of using one as a host for my first 26650 build. At the price there is not a lot of risk, so I guess I could just order one and see for myself.

Not trying to keep bumping my own post, but I did find a little more info on these lights. Seems like they are also sold under Cofly KX-261c and Edis (model?). Google found me a review back from 2012. Running it through the translator makes it kind of hard to understand, but there are some decent pictures.
Thai Forum

Hi

I don’t know if there’re different versions of this, but I have a light that looks the same, a custom build I bought off of a CPF seller in the early days of the MT-G2, and the one I haven’t won’t take 26650 batteries (the battery tube ID is too small, at least for KK 26650), just 2x18650 using an adapter tube.

Its a clone of the Shadow JM05. If you search here you should get a few hits.

I ended up ordering one off of the ebay links above. I received it in a little more then two weeks, not bad coming from China. As expected, it is a cheap light. The body is one piece and seems to be fairly thin and the head/pill threads are a little sloppy. The tail cap threads seems to be good (square thread). It came with two plastic spacers to use 18650s. King Kong 4000mAh protected button tops fit without an issue, but the large spring makes it a little tight. It has a few small marks from being shipped in an envelope instead of a box.

The 42mm lens is un-coated glass with an aluminum reflector.

The reflector is threaded and has a max inside diameter of 32mm and and overall length of 42mm

The tail-cap has a threaded aluminum retaining ring for the switch, there is no o-ring.

The front of the pill is rough, there are some visible saw marks from when it was cut from bar stock. The pill threads into the body, so it needs to be removed before the head can be removed. The pill threads are left-hand. While there are holes to aid in removal of the switch retainer, I had to add two small holes in the outer ring of the pill to make removal easier.

Fuzzy picture of the pill, note the extra long spring

The driver (press fit, no retainer)

There is a very thin o-ring under the head. The head itself seems to have some mass to it for transferring heat.

The reflector does not quite fit over an MT-G2, it will need to be opened up if I go this route

It has 5 modes: L, M, H, strobe, and SOS

At the tail-cap, low shows 0.12A, medium 0.42A, and high 0.82A with two fresh 26650s. There is definitely room to drive it harder.

For the price, I don’t think it is a bad light, definitely good enough for the project light I was looking for.

Looks like a pretty good host to me. That reflector looks like it would fit right over an MT-G2 without enlarging the hole.

Did it come with the XM-L2 or did you install that before taking the pics?

The light is unmodified as of yet. I tried to set the reflector on the MT-G2 on my test stand and it will not quite fit, it needs to be opened up a mm or two. I am considering putting an MG-T2 in it, but I have not yet decided if I want to build a flood light or stay with the longer throw of the XM-L.

These pop up on meritline.com for $10 (with coupon code via email advertisement) every once in a while. Check my post #62. Its a good alternative to a cheap C8, but with greater battery capacity.

The best part: the battery tube screws into the DST head (defiant super thrower).

Check my X7 mod thread for the easiest way to drive MT-G2 at 6A with a high quality host that loves that emitter. Great heat sinking and beam profile.

Here’s a cheaper alternative.

GOREAD Y45 @ Aliexpress $16.94

GOREAD Y45 @ Amazon $20.00

Currently $15 at meritline. THat’s a pretty typical price for them.
http://www.meritline.com/zoom-cree-t6-5-mode-white-led-flashlight—-p-85454.aspx

edit: it looks like meritline may be getting out of the flashlight business. their selection is only a fraction of what it once was.

Not meaning to go of topic, but this looks like a thrower or a good MT-G2 host. Looks like a UniqueFire UF-X6. To bad that I’ve never seen anything like this in 26650.

GOREAD Y25

Wow that upper body to bezel is huge. Lots of heat sinking. It does look like a good mtg2 host. Wish it was op reflector and 26650.

I have a UranusFire X9 on the way right now. I wish I had a machinist buddy to bore out the bottom of the head and thread it for a 26650 tube. That would be awesome.