Have any members tested or used these drivers? "Real current output" or issues with them?

Has anyone done any real life tests of these drivers, to see actual output? Or does anyone know of their reliability?

I figured before I order, someone might know about them.

2500mA 5-Mode LED Flashlight Driver

East-092 The 092 is DD on high mode?

Thanks

The description of the first one says “linear regulator” but I think that is a mistake. I’m fairly positive it is resistored/direct drive. It looks like a PWM mode controller (ATMEL chip) some resistors, and a capacitor. The chip to which blue lead is soldered appears to read “AOAz1(?)” but no way is it a 2.5A linear regulator. It’s certainly not going to regulate/control output current like a Nanjg-105c/AMC7135 driver, if that’s what you want to know.

The second one is DD as well (for all modes, not limited to just High). It originated in the HD2010.

Not sure how much sense that makes, if it was DD on all modes then they wouldn't be modes...

Also, be careful of the fact that Fasttech's HD2010 seems to have a bad driver that only draws 800 ma.

PWM applied to DD High mode at different duty cycles allows for the Medium and Low modes

Oh ok, now I get what you're saying.

I have ordered the smaller driver and this here
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1143103
It uses the same transiststor(a real big guy) as the other one but can be used without blinky modes and has a under voltage protection. But 2$ more and thicker.

So neither is regulated. The problem I have is space. I need a driver that is about 2mm thick, but can give 2500mA or better. The 8x7135 drivers are about 5mm thick, when all is said and done. Too thick for what I need. That's why I am looking for one that is thinner.

THanks for the replies

The east 092 seems to tested from some people here

A real direct drive as it looks like just a mcu and a FET, I think I will order that one too.

Maybe you could PM Rufusbduck. He may have some idea?

Yah, direct drive and fingers crossed. 2mm? It could be done with wires and no board. You’d have to use a smaller guage on the Vdd input to leave room for a larger guage on the output and ground. Maybe a disc ring of copper sheet for the ground. Outputs to the center, inputs to the perimeter. I think Justin would hate to do something like that. PM me the details and I’ll look into it. Is there any place to put an IC?

Well, there's as much room as you would find on a 4x7135 driver board, but that only puts out 1.4A, so, no, there's not any room really. I can fit an 8x7135 driver in, but I just wanted that extra couple mm of space for more heat sink. It's not really a big deal. I was just looking for a thin, single sided driver, that put out more than 2 amps.

The EAST092 is also built in the Keygos KE-5 and it is direct driven. My Keygos take about 4 Ampere on high.