Have you found "your" perfect light yet?

(Un)fortunately there is no perfect light, cause then I’d miss all the joy buying new ones!

I’ll just buy one more, that’ll be the perfect one! :slight_smile:

Received my ZL SC52 today, great little light, but perfect, nah… :slight_smile:

So true.

The best light I’ve found is a Zebralight H51. There are definitely ways it could be better, but it has been with me nearly 24/7 since I got it, either clipped to my purse (pointing forward for hands-free light), or worn as a necklace. Sometimes around my head, like when biking.

It’s my one useful light… All my other lights are toys.

To make it better, it’d need to be prettier (for use as a necklace), use an XP-G2 with the SC52 internals (14500 support, brighter output, longer runtimes), and use an improved UI with better mode spacing. What ZL has now is pretty good, but I have ideas for how to make it better. It could also be smaller… whenever we have the technology to make that possible.

I’ll probably post a thread soon about how to improve the ZL modes and UI, but the short version is to use consistent sqrt(10) logarithmic spacing, add extra primary modes on the brighter models, and use sublevel rotation (L1 -> L2 -> L3 -> L1) instead of programmed sublevels.