Have you seen a Gladiator lately?

Don't dare me..

I have a strange feeling that I must buy this. ;)

I am tempted too. What drop in would you use?

A 3-18V XML T6 Drop-in maybe, but they usually give out only 1.2A.

IIRC, I have one of these laying around. Let's see how it performs with higher voltages.

Remember to multiply the current at tailcap with how many cells you're using on a buck driver drop-in. The KD 3-18v drop-in would be perfect for this, it regulates around 2.2A to the LED with any input above 4.1v.

LOL…I don’t know about you but I own the mace and I don’t care if this SF baton is heavier, I’d still rather get hit by it than the mace. The waffles on the SF are flat and rather shallow, while the “teeth” on the mace are deep, thick and pointy.

Hey JohnnyMac - would you happen to have a link to the mace, please?

Glad is OTW.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/durable-stick-style-n-fb91-cree-q4-3-mode-180-lumen-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-3-x-aaa-93228

About the mace: My review, JohnnyMac's picture review.

BTW: Gladiator ordered.

Thanks very much for the info, guys.

Honestly, i would AVOID this light.

Yes it looks cool, but I would be worried about legal issues.

See...it LOOKS like a weapon, or a weaponized flashlight which it is. This is where things go poorly. Furthermore I heard that police batons (or similar) are widely regulated. You can carry a gun no problem, but not a freaking baton. Go figure, but most of us live in a nation of lawyers.

On the other hand, if I go walking with my TK70, it is just a flashlight. Non weaponized, sold with the purpose of being a flashlight. Perfectly legal. The fact is that it is pretty much a WarMace is mostly disguised. But it has a lot of heft and IS a powerful weapon, no doubt about it.

But I can guarantee that if I did get into an incident with my TK70, I would be in much better standing than if I had this baton-looking thing.

So no solarforce baton deluxeTM even in Texas?

It's a strange flashlight indeed. But might work for some: First i'll blind you with the charming 9Hz strobe and before you know whats going on i already whacked you a few times. You did not even see it coming (strobe effect)!

Possibly the only flashlight worthy of being single mode strobe only.

I could see the police hassling you in California or New York....but in Texas??? I know it would never be a problem here in the Republic of Idaho.

Texas Baton Laws

§ 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Club" means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following:
(A) blackjack;
(B) nightstick;
(C) mace;
(D) tomahawk.

§ 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club. (b) Except as provided by Subsection (c), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor. (c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the offense is committed on any premises licensed or issued a permit by this state for the sale of alcoholic beverages.

But that has never stopped me before.

So Mace and Tomahawks are illegal in TX.

I'll check with some of my LEO buddies in Texas on their take on this flashlight being called a weapon.

But it's still a flashlight (primary intended purpose) and only becomes a weapon when used as such. Even then it should fall under the category of "weapon of opportunity," which can be applied to just about any object capable of causing bodily harm. The DX one might raise some flags but this SF model seems no different than a D-cell Maglite in terms of style and purpose.

I'm tempted by it to feed it 4/3A cells which I have several of from a very old laptop battery pack. They'll certainly do the amps. Would indeed be interesting with an appropriate driver.

Just recieved my new L2p light,drop in, charger & 2 batteries. Light seems pretty nice . The problem seems that charging the batteries it never changes colors like others have said. I have checked the voltage & it was like 5.2 volts, so it appears to be working at least. i haven’t opened the charger to make certain. Had the batteries in the charger all day (around 6 hours) & no change in the color on the indicator. I think I will let it run all night & see if anything changes. “Let the solarforce be with” you is what a buddy of mine says!

check the 3v –3.6v switch on the side

Hopefully it wasn’t 5.2 volts but 4.2? Over 4.2 and you risk explosion…