Headlamp recommendations, please

Folks can anyone recommend a few well made headlamps that they own or know of?
I’m looking for a fairly bright light, maybe 400-1000 lumens, so there will probably be a battery pack at the back of the headstrap.
Also, I’d like a few recommendations on a dedicated bicycle light to mount on the handlebars, about the same lumen output as well.
I’m looking for something that is well machined and has quality parts.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Art

Bump

I had the JetBeam HC20 as my first headlamp and have to say I wasn’t impressed with it.
The output seemed low for a claimed 800 lumen torch and the reliability was poor, it started to switch off while in use. I took driver out to look for any bad connections (didn’t find any) then after putting back together it now whines loudly in all but full power mode.
I binned it and bought a Nitecore HC30 https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/36871 which I find is a great headlamp, much brighter than the JetBeam ( Nitecore claim 1000 lumens) and up to now reliable.
I work on HGV (Trucks) and trailers running CCTV cables from front to rear underneath them so a good headlamp is important as somedays it can be on for up to 8-10 hours, the HC30 has 5 modes and level 2 or 3 will last all day while still being bright enough, it is quite a thrower though so if you just want flood without a spot it’s not for you.

Nitecore HC50 is great, especially for close-up work. Nice UI, battery level check, no PWM, wonderful tint…

Price could be a problem :open_mouth:

Thanks guys, I had a look at the NiteCore HC30 like you recommended. It seems like a well made light. $39.95 on AliExpress, which is not too bad.

If you know of any lesser known Chinese manufacturers that make a decent product at a lower price, I’d be interested to know.

Thanks,
Art

There’s a group buy going on through bugsy36 for most of the skilhunt lineup. I would add the link for you but I don’t know how. Sorry.

I have to second Dwantink. My h15 is my favorite headlamp. But the h01 even looks like a great deal and light with mod potential too.

I can help with that LINK

I have both the Nitecore HC50 and HC30, both are great lights. The 30 wins on throw, the 50 has a much wider, smoother beam for up close work (along with red LEDs to preserve night vision).

As for a dedicated bike light, search some of member garrybunk’s threads, he has more bike lights than you can shake a stick at. I purchased a couple of Nitefighter BT40s based on his recommendation and haven’t been disappointed.

I have had an armytek wizard pro warm for a few years. It gets daily use. I have gone snorkelling in lakes with it. Used it rain. Used in near 0 degree weather. It has been my nightlight everyday. Has a Max run time over 100 days. Really nice moon mode. Does not time out off turbo. Unless it becomes to hot to hold. Great even smooth flood. Easy ui. Instant access to turbo, moon or strobe. Has built in volt check.
Full regulation it will not dim until battery is too weak to use.
Built in over discharge protection. 10 year warranty.
Has had its fair share bumps. No real issues yet… May need new headband soon that’s all. I just need to find one