Headlamps, You gotta love em. (mini review) (NEW PICTURES)

There you go:

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S009709

Great thread, thanks!

Chidwack, which other torches of yours fit well in this headband? any 1x AA sized torches? the diameter of your Xeno, Quark, and Klarus?

I Don't love them

I'm I the only one?

I hate them as much as I hate the DRY!!!!!!!

esrevenge,

Just go to Lowes pick up this one and you will love it. I was the same way about putting something on my head but what a difference it made when you need both of your hands...

http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880002-Headlamp-Black/dp/B0053H1842/ref=dp_cp_ob_hi_title_0

one of my first flashlights was an energizer 45 lumen headlamp. it has served me so well over the last few years, from having to work on my car on emergencies, grilling where there is limited light, walking the dogs, etc. perfect tool for when you need both your hands. after a couple of years i finally had to put some fresh AAA's in it, 3 of them. like this thread!

wanna copy'n paste? ;)

rikr: The only thing I don't like about that headlamp is the batteries are carried on the back of your head. It's just a personal choice but it's not comfortable for me and I like the lamps where the battery is in the same location as the light. One reason is I like to read with my headlamp at night when I can't sleep and I use a headlamp so I don't wake up my wife. The headlamps with the batteries on the back make it uncomfortable while reading in bed. Here are some of the pictures posted at CPF that show ways to use Zebralights. This would work for the UF-V4 as well as long as you have the flashlight holder in the picture below. They Zebralight comes with 2 of these holders.

This may be my favorite way other than using a headband.

Nice use of the zebra, no hole will resist you!!

By the way, I would not be a bad Idea to have an AA on each side istead than on the back of our heads, that way you can rest on your pillow and have a great runtime when you are not at home.

Some more ideas for your headlamps. This is what the UF-V4 looks like in the extra holder that came with my ZL H51. You can attach it to a baseball cap or any of the other methods I posted in the pictures above.

Here is my new iTP A2 E0S stainless in the same holder. This and the rest of the photo's would need to be mounted over your ear. You could turn your baseball cap sideways like all the kids do now days if you wanted to use a cap. I like the cap idea because it allows you to wear your cap normally and when you need the light you have it there for use.

Here is the Xeno E03

Shiningbeam S-mini

Klarus P2A

This is a Nitecore headband I bought to use with heavier lights. It works better for heavier lights when you put them on top of the head. This headband is $7.50 at Battery Junction.

Here is my wife with the Shiningbeam Caveman on the side and then on the top.

You can use this headband for heavier and larger lights if you want. I have attached my Olight M20 to this headband by slipping the pocket clip into the band and letting the light hang by the pocket clip. Not very comfortable but it does work in a pinch. You can also do this with the Nit-Eze headband.

When I'm reading I have the headlamp on the lower modes and the battery runtime is very long. With the little iTP H01 on low mode it lasts for 50 hours before changing batteries.

Wow, great pictures, thanks so much.

For less serious mounting or temporary hands-free operation clipping a Quark to the side brim of a baseball cap works too:

The above works especially well because i am using the Deep Carry pocket clip (DCpc) which fits cotton brims nicely (real jeans pockets, or the side of a baseball cap) but does not fit the thick front brim of the baseball cap. The beam direction is already (and surprisingly) quite perfect: centered, low, and in your front. You could easily adjust the beam direction by moving/rotating the cap a little.

The torch sits fine there, not too loose, not too tight. Of course, dont go jumping or jogging or doing sports with this cap setup!

On that headband from KD... pics in post #31

I friggin love headlamps..I have zlt h31, zlt h600, uf-h2 and an energizer hard case one..

"wife always says why so many headlamps you only have one head"

to which I reply..

"why so many shoes you only have 2 feet"

kreisler to go!!!!

At work I use my L2m with extender AND a clip or a two-way clip.

I can clip it to these for headlight use:

even smileys use headlamps!!

The head band (head strap, headstrap, headband, head belt, headbelt, head lanyard, 4sevens, spam) which was also mentioned in Headband for flashlights? was finally shipped. Any news is good news i guess. Will update when i receive it.

ordered from KD:

other than that nothing in the mail/inbox. still waiting for 7 shipments to reach me (see my sig).

I found an inspiring catalog of flashlight holder accessories (for bike, human head/body, industrial, etc.) made by www.ortec-products.de:

Ortec catalog, June 2011, PDF

At least you can copy/clone some ideas and inspiration from their large selection of holder products.

Any long term feedback regarding UF-V4(DD referral link, its on sale for 13.99)?

Its quite cheap, even cheaper than TrustFire Z2 and with dinopoints I could get it for quite cheap. Only thing that turns me away is its rather bulky appearance and limited mode selection, pitty it has no really low mode, hows the battery life on this, parasitic drain?

Perhaps 10$ angle light(Fenix MC10/11 clone) from DX/Ebay is much better choice given the bulkiness and limited mode choice of V4?

I mean, Fenix clone is more versatile IMO. Bit bigger than V4, yet you get flexible head, you can change angles and its GITD if thats your thing AND even cheaper.