Headlight and Handheld Lights for Mine and Cave Exploration?

That isn't going to happen.

The light is held tightly.

Only if you cut it with something like a knife or scissors.

It's not going to happen spontaneously.

Mine works fine for me, reliability and durability-wise.

Using these as a main light is not the safest idea since these are toys designed to be fun to use and not as tools for providing light in harsh conditions. As an additional light, why not, but the main headlamp should be reliable. Plus always carry a backup or two.

Maybe this one option is more than you asked for, but I’ll suggest it anyway.

My XTAR D06-1200 dive light has an XP-L2 V6 emitter that is doing 1200 lumens.
But it is more or less built like a mule.
Almost flat white colored “reflector”, and a convex lens in front. Just like a zoomie.

Result: an even white beam of app 90° wide and an unusual “throw”of about 50 meter.
It uses a magnetic slide that is not very well defined. More like rather abrupt.
But no menu, no blinkies. Very solid feel. Only two parts, head and body, 140mm long.

It is IPX8 rated for 100 meter. You either love it, or you’ll hate it.

Mine are high quality tools that work very well--not toys in the least.

What's with all the hating on the FW3A & HL3A anyway?

Makes no sense to me.

For any discount Chinese light the reliability is questionable. I have had several lights with gremlins at the worst possible time. And some i have yet to explain.
If you need reliable then spend the money for a higher end brand.

And frankly you should double up, in the prepper world there is a saying, two is one and one is none.
Of course this gets very pricey and you have a weight constraint but don’t expect our fun discount lights to be life preservers.
Since you are going to carry more than one light at least try to have cross tolerant lights.

It’s not hate, just commons sense.

You don’t use a FET light when you go for a couple of hours underground.

For that you want a flashlight that can provide a stable output for a long time, behaves well on an almost empty cell (Zebralight beats everything in this matter), has a simple UI and is waterproof.

Well, my cat managed to kill a FW3A by throwing it from a table on a concrete floor from 1 meter. Whilst my AT Wizard headlamp once flew from three meters on a steel plate and was fine.

For a headlamp I would choose a Zabralight, Armytek of Skilhunt, and carry the FW3A, HL3A or whatever fet light as an additional high power fill light.

For several reasons, I've eliminated Zebralights as possible lights for my purposes.

Currently looking into Convoy lights.

I've had a quickish look at Skilhunt lights, but no lights of interest have as yet been found.

The Emisar D1 is not a suitable light as it is a definite thrower with an almost laser like beam I believe.

Thanks, but Zebralights are not an option as they are not really suitable for my purposes.

Yes. Thanks for that!

Actually I was aware that extra/backup lights and cells are really required for safety reasons.

Why?

Thanks for that!

Yes, I was aware that the Nitecore E4K has an unusual UI which is not really user friendly. I wasn't aware that the light overheats!!

Thanks for the tips!

I have already looked at some Sofirn lights, but still looking at other lights there.

Diving lights are also being considered (from various manufacturers), as they are indeed the best in terms of being waterproof!

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Olight Warrior X Pro light has a very narrow (spotlight like) beam, I believe. So this light is unfortunately not really suitable.

The Astrolux FT01/Mateminco TK01 has a standard/slightly narrow beam and again is not really suitable.

Thanks for that suggestion!

I have just checked out the Acebeam H30 headlight and it has a beam of about 40°! So this light is a definite possibility!!

Noted, thank you!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have just had a look at the Nitecore HC65, and it has a beam of around 37.5°. So this headlight is also a definite possibility.

There are quite a few variations in the Convoy S2 series of lights I believe. However, there seems to be a substantial lack of technical information for these lights (no lumens, no candelas, no throws, no runtimes)! Without this information I can't make a determination as to whether the lights are suitable or not. So, these Convoy S2(+) lights are subsequently eliminated from consideration.

The explorations would be limited to a day trip, so no more than about 7 or 8 hours runtime at the very most (in "medium" level) would be required.

Noted, thanks.

Noted, thank you!

I'll have to research this light further.

I would want something with a basic UI, and preferably all lights with the same UI, or at least very close.