Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Amutorch AL1 is not a headlamp at all. It is huge, very heavy, and even has no headband. (Overall quality much worse than H03)

Well, it will probably fit most of the common headbands for flashlights, it is a angled light, and it can be used in a “shorty” version!
Besides that, I don’t know, I believe that there are out there heavier headlamps that this one!! Take a look at the Thrunite TH10 … (yes, old model, but still a headlamp! )

Shorty :slight_smile: now it 106mm long (protected 18650 donot fit) and weight 71g (head is very thick and massive). Even short version will be more heavy than h600 with 18650.

Although it is a comparison, I am not sure if it is a fair comparison! And please note that I am not defending Amutorch, despite it is a brand that I like!

The Zebralight is of course much lightweight than this. But it is also much more lightweight than an Acebeam H20 (62g) or a Boruit (55g) headlamp without batteries!
And it is SO much more lightweight that that Thrunite TH10 headlamp w/o battery (85g)!

That doesn’t mean that this cannot be seen as an headlamp.
But with the Zebralight’s price I can buy 2 of these Amutorch! And 6 Boruits :smiley:

Maybe being a heavier is not an advantage, and I do see your point, but this may still be considered as such in my modest opinion :slight_smile:
:beer:

Of course:)

When I ordered AL1 I think it is headlamp. But when it comes, I clearly realise that it is not. It can be seen in many details that manufacturer dont think it as headlamp) It may be hard to explain, but if you take it in your hands, you would understand.

But of course it can be used as headlamp, as many other handheld lights and even a bit more convenient )

Those are all lightweight compared to the Jaxmnve H6 twisty head. With no battery, it’s 150g! A tank.

The AL1 is 78g.

My Al1 is 70.4 (without clip of course)

H6 definitely is not a headlamp:)

H6

Includes headband.

Not all angle light are headlamps , and not all light that could be fixed on head are headlamps)))

jason,
because i am not too bright (obligatory light joke) and just to reiterate,
may i ask again
what headlamp you are using for trail running?
and what is the beam colour of the one you are using?
i would prefer a warm or at least neutral light so i can
make out ruts and variations and such where my feet go.
cool white makes that difficult for me and slows me down
even more than my usual old tubby guy pace.

and, of course, i’m cheap.

thanks for this list and your time.

I don’t use my headlights for that type of stuff at all. Sorry.

Mine are for close up work like working on cars, motorcycles, soldering, etc… and they all have wide 60° TIR lenses in them.

No doubt the Boruit D10 is my favorite, plus it’s cheap. If you can solder, you can easily swap the 20mm emitter for whatever color you want. It’s about 650 lumen stock so it’s got some good brightness. Maybe try some high CRI leds. A new emitter is maybe $6 to $7 so you can build it for about $20. Then use a battery you already have. If you don’t need lots of throw, you might try a 30° TIR lens to give a wider hot spot than a reflector.

L, T shaped 18650 headlamps not suits for running at all. It is too heavy.
You should take a look at models with build in battery or cr123/aa. Something like http://s.aliexpress.com/uaYvMFjy. but I can’t find the weight.

It says 70g with built on 1200mah battery.

Is it going to be bright enough or have the right color beam? IDK.

You can look at
https://stirnlampen.reviews
It is in German (use Google Translate)
He does reviews of headlamps for runners

which one of the 18650 usb rechargeable you would choose?sadly,noone is with mtg2 led…:frowning:

That is an old and inefficient led. It’s 6 volt so it’s needs a boost driver which was difficult to make back then. Plus 90° head lights were not as popular back then, either.

At the moment, you can get xhp35-HI, xhp50.2 and xhp70.2, but they are pretty pricy.

Acebeam has their new H30 with 4000 lumen! Using an xhp70.2 and 21700 battery. Very pricy at $140.

I also arranged the list alphabetical.

Added Olights 2 current models and imalent HR70 xhp70.2 light.

Added

Added

Thanks for putting this together.
Some others to add: Thrunite TH30, Nitecore HC65. Zebralight H600w Mk IV, H603w