Headlight List with prices, specs and features

BTW, searching on Amazon…
Nitefox headlight ($29.95):
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-headlamp-camping-rechargeable-included/dp/B0747NSM5Y/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1516114197&sr=8-10&keywords=nitefox

UI: “Mode: one click for high-low, long press for infinite dimming, double click active strobe for self defense.”

There are a couple of cheap headlamps in the Jaxmnve store:
A zoomie for $16-20 Powerful CREE XML T6 headlights headlamp Zoom waterproof 18650 rechargeable battery Led Head Lamp Bicycle Camping Hiking Light

A more typical angled light for $19 JAXMNVE XPL V6 LED headlight multi-purpose right-angle flashlight with 90-degree l-shaped bright flashlight outdoor riding light

I don’t have experience with either of these but I do have the OTR clone they sell and it is fine. Strange modes for many experts here but quality seems good.

From that link:

Huh?

-Garry

That’s what I call waterproof!

Well, first of all, you need a battery to make a suit. They say so quite plainly.

Second, when you wet your wick (a CREE T6), it should be waterproof, so its waterproof waterproof level enables a sexual life.

Seems clear to me

I think it was a bad translation of a phrase commonly used as a synonym to “don’t ask”.

Yesterday I found another more or less “budget” headlight on AliExpress (Well, apart from “old-school” Jetbeam headlights from 2013).
Brand: Shuolide (???)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/T6-Rechargeable-Headlights/32672336495.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.mt3nwK

This one seems to have a nice UI (for me, at least), I may give it a try.

It is also sold on Amazon for a much higher price:
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Headlights-headlamp-flashlight-Battery/dp/B06XBL7R9H/ref=sr_1_10?m=AICGXZN2G6MZV&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1516189706&sr=1-10

Please note that the “ramping” levels are marked differently on these stores (and on this one I believe more in Amazon):
AliExpress: 1% > 100%
Amazon: 5% > 100%

Here’s an odd one that has flexible “ears”.

-Garry

Don’t forget this old standby (all over ebay too). Clone of a Spark headlamp. Here is a link to my simple mod to a mule done years ago. Still use frequently. Easy to mod, accepts any 17mm driver.

-Garry

This looks the same as the new Boruit model.

I’m not going to add that one to the list. I’d like the list to be lights of decent to high quality that people have tried and say “Yeah, that’s a good light”. If I put every 3 to 4 dollar ebay light the list would get super long and not be very helpful. I hope you understand.

Your link will still be here if anyone is interested in it.

Oh, I didn’t want it added to your list. Just sharing what I found for a good laugh.

-Garry

Hum, it may be Jason, but only if the specs and incorrectly written.
The Boruit has all the modes Low>High>Strobe> OFF, but the “dimming” seems to go from UP to Down in 4 or 5 steps, while the Shuolide is Low>High>OFF and seems to have a real “ramping” style, not by modes! At least it was what I understood from the several readings I made on different models. Please let me know if I’m wrong here!

But, again, the specs are not always “understandable” :wink:

BTW, I just bought the Shuolide by 8.89€, meaning half the price it had yesterday :open_mouth: Meaning, less than a quarter than the more than $40 USD it is priced on Amazon! :money_mouth_face:

I really hope it has a nice ramping from bottom to top an top to bottom!

EDITED ABOVE :person_facepalming:

They must have hammered the side XM-Ls flat.

You might add the Yupard, clone of the crelant ch10 to the list

I just received an Olight H2R Nova and I am blown away.

GENERAL DATA
Beam Distance (ft) 501
Beam Distance (m) 153
Max. Performance (lumens) 2300
Charge type Magnetic USB charge base
Compatible Batteries customised 18650
Light Intensity (candela) 5850
Light Form Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.
Lens / Reflector Type TIR bead lens (wide/broad beam)
Mode Operation Front Switch
Form/Size Factor Medium size (Permanent Marker)
Series Series H (Headlamps, Multitasking)
Unique Characteristics
Huge beam spill (TIR with diffuser lens)Smaller than a pinky finger.
Optimal for packstrap/pocket/headlamp
Pocket light and headlamp in one with magnetic charging. Buy one light and get two!
Magnetic tail fix, 90degrees light illumination direction

I received and made a review of the Acebeam H20.
Maybe it is not on the budget side of the wallet (+ $70) , but it is a solid and simple headlight.

• 1000lumens
  • 5 Modes (with memory): Firefly > Low > Medium > High > Turbo
  • 4000K XPL-HI Led + OP reflector
  • 1x18650 or 2xCR123 batteries

It is nice for close range activity due the large hotspot and the Neutral to Warm tint.

New headlamp from Imalent HR70.
http://www.imalent.com/Item/Show.asp?m=2&d=208

1. USB magnetically charged headlamp.
2. 3000mAh IMALENT 18650 high discharge battery included.
3. Maximum output up to 3000lumens, with CREE XHP70 2nd generation LED.
4. Instant turbo (double press power switch), instant low (triple press power switch), hide strobe (double press when it is at turbo output).
5. Magnet at tail cap to free your hands while working.
6. Longest runtime 50hours at 30lumens.
7. 30LM-300LM-700LM-1500LM (press and hold the power switch, the output levels will cycles and release to get the one you need) and Turbo 3000lumens.

I have been interested in this headlamp form Amazon Headlamp

It claims to use “ULTRA-BRIGHT: CREE XPE-R3” so I’m not to familiar with the LED as far as color temperature.
200 lumen high might not be real exciting.

What has my interest is the included 14500 cell with USB charging function. This would be the first 14500 usb re-chargeable I have seen advertised.
A non- 14500 alkaline version is offered for $2 less.

I have to admit I ’m kinda cheap so I don’t know if I’d throw $20 at it. I think for $20 or so the Wowtac might be a better deal.

Just curious, the Nitecore HC33 headlamp isn’t listed yet. Any cons to this headlamp?