Hello from airsoft society.

Anywhere from 2-4 weeks for me from fasttech. They seem to be a bit faster than other chinese dealers I’ve used in the past. I’ve never ordered from banggood before, maybe others can chime in.

The tr-3t6 can take either 2 or 3 18650s

What is the disadvantage of using just 2? Less brightness and life? I can order a single battery, its just another $10 the problem is if that is like most chargers it needs even battery numbers to charge correct?

Two is just as bright, but less time. I personally just use 2 at a time. The i4 charger can charge one at a time.

Why can it only charge one? it has 4 slots for batteries.

Sorry, I meant it can charge anywhere from one to four at a time. Unlike some of the other chargers I have it doesn’t require 2 at a time

Skyray King or clone... Long runtime, lots o' light, moderate throw, and hidden strobe. Should be doable on your budget...

http://www.amazon.com/TrustFire-Bright-TR-3T6-Lumens-Flashlight/dp/B0065AA7UW

Is this is guys? Cause if this is the same light im getting it here, Its cheaper, and comes with prime shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NCR18650B-3400mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-Green/dp/B00CB8PGOE/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1384218750&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=NCR+18650B+Protected+Battery

Are these the batteries?

http://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-Intellicharge-i4-Battery-Charger/dp/B007S9P3BC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384218813&sr=1-1&keywords=NITECORE+I4+Battery+Charger

And this is the charger

Similar, but not quite. It doesn’t have the extension tube to take 3x 18650s or 4x AA. Some of them also have a slightly different driver. Personally I’d pay the extra $6 to get the one on fasttech, I’ve heard a lot of mixed results from lights on amazon.

I just really kind of dont want to order from China… i know thats where these are coming from, but ordering from sites like fasttech has been a pain in the past. To make it worse they only take paypal which i dont have.

No it is not the same light. I bought that light and it is a clone with a different (sub-par, it died on me after light use) driver. The real thing from Fasttech is less than $10 more and a proven quantity.

I have had good luck with Fasttech so far but there are many who are having substantial burdens trying to resolve disputes about missing packages. Banggood has a pretty good reputation here, especially when it comes to shipping li-ion batteries.

It’s not hard to get a PP acct and it really helps out. It’s also a guaranteed layer of insurance in case of a dispute.

And Oswaab, that cell you linked on amazon is $25 PER CELL. Banggood has them for $8

Also, the cell you linked is a unprotected flat-top. What that means is that it doesn’t have a protection circuit to cut off the battery if it goes over a certain temperature, if it tries to discharge to hard, or it goes above or below the safe voltage range. Also, they cannot be used in series, like in the 3T6 because the - and + poles are slightly recessed from the wrapper. People work around this by putting blobs of solder on the + pole, but unless you KNOW what you’re doing, soldering a li-ion is asking for a house fire.

sigh… that awkward moment when China makes better products than you can buy from the US… anyway thanks guys, i think my Grandmother has a paypal account. Ill see if she will order. Looks like both places ship pretty quickly, hopefully if i order tomorrow both things will be here before Dec 6

I’d try and look into getting a PP acct yourself. If things go pear-shaped you will want control of things on your end. I speak from experience when saying that having other people order stuff for you from China does not work out.

Like I said originally, you can go to Costco and usually find some decent offerings. Someone else, earlier in the thread, suggested the Defiant 1000-lumen 3D light that the Home Despot offers. (they’re in the holiday specials section at mine). Order some good NiMH D-cells from online and you’re golden.

Welcome to BLF, Jake!

1. What place were you in that has panthers?!!
  2. Maglights & Surefires can’t keep up with the China alternatives that BLFers can show you!
  3. Better value for money flashlights are recommended here on BLF than at the “Church of Pricey Flashlights”!

So how would said Defiant 1000 lumen 3D compare to the Trustfire TR-3T6? Sorry again for asking so many questions, but i dont want to make another $50 mistake.

And to answer your question i live in the south west part of North Carolina, a while back there was a overage of deer in the area so instead of bumping the hunting season a little bit sooner, the brilliant people at the wildlife office decided to release a male and female black panther into the wild… since then they have multiplied and so… yeah.

It’s no problem. :slight_smile:

The Defiant 1000-lumen 3D uses 3 D-cell batteries instead of Li-ions. As such it’s a little shorter but also heavier and fatter. Instead of having 3 XM-L emitters it uses XP-G emitters, so they put out less light for a given amount of current, but the light is still ANSI rated for 1000 lumens. It draws 4 amps, so it will murder any Alkaline cells you put in it, but if you can get good NiMH cells it will run for a couple hours, easily. Because it uses smaller emitters, and has a deeper reflector than the 3T6, it will throw much farther.

Technically the Defiant is not worth $30 as the finish, threading, and lens are all of inferior quality to the 3T6, but you are circumventing the issues with buying from China, and at least the lens is easily replaced with glass.

How would 3 of these be

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-10000mAh-Capacity-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B003VWN1DW/ref=sr_1_11?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1384222209&sr=1-11&keywords=d+rechargeable+batteries

With this charger
http://www.amazon.com/Maximal-FC999-Universal-Alkaline-Batteries/dp/B008467K1E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384222430&sr=1-3&keywords=battery+charger

IF you know of any other good brands for batteries and chargers let me know. And thanks for all the help so far!!!

I own both the tr-3t6 and the 1000lm 3d defiant and I’d take the tr over the defiant any day, but for $30 at a brick and mortar store it’s not too bad. Battery life is pretty terrible and its big and heavy (especially compared to using 2 18500s in the TR), but if you need something in a hurry its not a bad choice, just don’t expect to be blown away by the quality.

Yeah, i was afraid of that, but at least now i have options… how often do people have trouble with the Chinese sites, if its like a 50/50 shot i wouldnt even consider it. But if the problems are few and far between i may just go for it

I hope you enjoy your stay & keep coming back, osawaab!