Hello from Malaysia

Sorry for that, RM is Ringgit Malaysia, our currency. RM2 shop is probably a close equivalent of US dollar shop, but here everything is priced at two ringgits.

Pretty much like daiso in Singapore where everything is SGD $2

It’s 2 dollar, in Malaysian Ringgit. :slight_smile:

Everything is RM5 in Daiso here, but I think most of the items there are kinda overpriced… maybe I am a genuine frugal lol.

Haha yes some stuff there are overpriced… They have to do that to counter the underpriced items they sell to maintain the $2 price tag storewide

@ Pulsar13

You are definitely in the right forum. I too stalk the RM2 shops. Sometimes you can pick up some unusual lights. Like this one.

Great to know that there are many Malaysians and Singaporeans in this forum.
I tend to buy my lights from brick & mortar shops in Singapore. I remembered I bought my first real light, the Surefire E2e way back in 2003 from a shop in Beach Rd, Singapore for closed to S$200.
Only lately I start to buy online, like Gearbest, eBay, etc.

Have you heard of our local shop called Gadgetworld2U? They are at SS15 Subang Jaya. Contact Dannie. He’s very friendly n helpful.

If you don’t mind older models of lights there are some going with a 50% discount.

Hope I’m not going against any forum rules with this intro.

Talking about RM2 or RM5 stuffs

I once visited some japanese store that’s similar to daiso (don’t remember the name. It’s red)

I got myself one of these thrower + lantern for RM5
Cheap stuffs that feels good, works good, everything.

The only flaw is the LED is generic type with extra purple tint.
I had plans of a dedome XPE but then the heatsinking is terrible as it is mostly plastic.
Oh how I wish this was a better build light

I’ve heard of Gadgetworld2U and have browsed their website.
Will drop by if I’m near the area.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yeah… I always have a good laugh when I look into the shop windows (fishing supplies) along Beach road in SG.
There are lots of Uniquefires/Ultrafires/Trustfire etc etc going for about FOUR times the normal price.

…actually it’s not funny :_(

Latest RM2 acquisition.

Sometimes you do get good value items. This one takes 3xAA, and can choose between 8LED flood or single spot. I buy it purely for the flood and ability to hang inside tent.

RM2 is actually like US$0.50, this is not bad at all.

I always like to go to the flashlight row everytime when I went to Mr. DIY. :bigsmile:

WOW!! That is totally awesome :open_mouth:

Where can I get me one of those???

That’s a nice find.
Even if you accidentally leave it at the camping site, you won’t feel the heart pain of losing the RM2 light

I think I bought my Surefire from Sheares Technologies, who used to have a retail shop opposite then the former NCO Club.
I know there are plenty of fishing supplies shops that sell those so called “knock-off” brands along Beach Rd at astronomical prices

I know some places that sell similar ones but I don’t think I can get them at RM2 each though lol.

BanglaBob, come visit us just across the border! Though I’m sure the visiting cost will be a thousandfold against the light price, haha. I bought that from a thrift shop in mainland Penang.