Hello from the sink of Europe

Good morning Swispelhond,

If you are looking for a 4 x AA light, you can consider Sofirn SF11. I got one during the recent 6.6 Sale for just about US$18 (without battery). It works fine, although it is not very bright, when compared with 18650-powered flashlights.

Termsak
(In the Little Red Dot: This is Singapore’s unofficial but popular nickname.)

Late in the night here! :smiley:

I’ve seen the SF11 and it’s nice and cheap, the SP36 had me re-think the can-style lights thou. The SP36 is 3x18650 so thicker, longer and heavier than the SF11 but I find the can-form lights actually pretty much a real hand full and not very practical. I like the idea of a light that works on AA’s I can get everywhere when in need, but I want it at least being portable and the can-style lights are too thick for my pockets so I’ll stick to the small AA-lights and the 18650 lights like those I already use now. I’m not sorry I bought the SP36, it’s a fun play-light and incredible bright and powerful but practical it is not.

Welcome on board! :beer:

You may look up Haikelite as they make some pretty powerful coke-can lights, some of them produce >10k or even >20k lumens output.

Let’s us know if you need something more powerful. :sunglasses:

So, I just can’t resist a sale :person_facepalming: so here’s the next one, ordered the 22th, sent the 23th and received the 30th!! That’s a new record in 7 days for me as the old record was in just 8 days. :smiley:

It’s a Sofirn IF25S with 4x SST20 4000K CRI 95+ led’s. Yes, I went for quality over quantity this time, my first 21700 light too as I wanted to try one for size. I regret I didn’t order the pocket-clip as it seems small enough to actually clip into a pocket and it always helps against rolling away and finding the button easy. First impression is very positive but I’ll have to wait for the dark to really test it. I did not order the Sofirn battery with this one but bought a Samsung 40T locally so the turbo has enough juice to really shine. :disappointed:

I will order a bit less for the near future because of the new EU sales-tax rules per 1th of July. The 22 euro free of tax that was is now no longer actual and VAT or in my country called BTW (21) should now be over every order whatever the price was. This makes it not just more expensive than just the sales-tax as the shippers now also can claim an extra fee for the declaration so small orders will go up a lot: for this order 21 + 7.- euro handling so about 12 euro (this light was just over 20 euro in the sale). I’ll guess they will stop charging the smallest orders pretty soon as it will cost much more than it’s worth but I’ll just wait a bit to see how this is going to work out.