Hello, hola, hiya, wassup, wasshappenin, what it is, what...........Oh, you get the point.......HI!

@ E1320, ezarc: Serious congrats to both of you, and indeed anyone else who's managed to do this.

dthrckt: Good luck mate. I'm trying to just take 1 day at a time; hope it works for you, too.

Watch: it's wonderfully relaxed at BLF. You can feel absolutely free around here to start a thread on almost anything you like, whether asking Q's or sharing knowledge/experience. I suspect, for instance, that a post in the 'Off Topic' forum about e-cigs would get some interest. Just an idea..

Welcome to BLF.

Welcome to BLF, Vapor Watch.

Wow! I really didn't expect to run into any vapers here but I guess that's just further proof that vaping is permeating our society. Congrats to all those who said they have quit smoking, whether it's with vaping or cold turkey. The method of quitting isn't important.....only that you quit.

Lensman, I'm thrilled you have been able to quit and stay quit. Being able to walk away from smokes is definitely an accomplishment. Doctors are, unfortunately, ill informed about vaping due to the relatively small amount of research done on them but that is changing every day. Vaping is becoming more and more accepted as one of the most effective smoke cessation methods available (if not THE most effective). Good luck on staying away forever. If there's ever anything I can do to help you stay away, please let me know.

budynabuick, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about vaping......if you'll let me pick your brain in return! If you check out my avatar you can see a few examples of devices we put these big batteries into. Considering we hold these batteries 2" from our mouths, this is why I need to learn everything I can about batteries and how/why they react under this/that circumstance and with those/these conditions. Not really trying to find a specific answer......I'm more trying to become an expert in batteries so I don't give the wrong information to one of my viewers that results in them losing their face.

E1320, AWESOME!! I'm thrilled to see another vaper and I'm equally thrilled to see you using a "Big Battery" PV! I have that exact one you linked to (have 4 of them actually.....gotta have different colors!) and it works fantastically! I would have to agree with you in that IMR batteries (or the new CGR18650CH Panasonics) are the best choice for a device like that one.....but what about a stacked battery configuration? Does a series circuit leave too much room for one battery draining too much for one reason or another and, at best, damaging the battery? Why? These are the facts I'm looking for here and why I've spent the past 6 hours reading reviews and tests in this forum.....even though most of it makes absolutely no sense to me. I gotta say....I'm thrilled to see other vapers in here. It makes me feel my answers might be a little easier to find.

ezark, FANTASTIC!!! I respect the heck out of what you've done. Cold Turkey isn't easy and I know I wasn't successful the dozen or so times I tried. Keep it up! Here's to the next 40 years!

dthrckt, Good luck! I fervently hope you are able to find something that works....whether that be willpower, the patch, or vaping. If you ever want information about vaping, just let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has given me a warm welcome. I was nervous about coming to a "flashlight" forum not really looking to learn about flashlights but you folks have made me feel comfortable and welcome, and I appreciate that. If anyone has questions about vaping or links where I can learn more about how to read those charts I keep seeing in the reviews, feel free to PM me.

Thanks again, all

dang....another long-as-heck post....I gotta watch that or I'll have to change my name to Novel Watch!

Welcome, to BLF, Vapor Watch!!

I've been very curious (but not enough to delve further) about a lot of talk of CR123 cells being used in e-cigs. How the hell does that happen? I can see maybe an e-cigar but for an e-cig I'd have guessed nothing larger than a 10440 (AAA size) would be used. Now E admits to using an 18650?? It has to be an e-cigar! LOL

welcome to BLF vapor watch! my interest in vaping has been recent,so I may call on you for some recco's,I want to quit regular cigarettes.I am also a big Tag Heuer fan and will probably get another in a couple months,depending on my flashlight budget.enjoy!!

Multiple lion battery configurations are dangerous. Most Lion explosions occur in a multiple battery configurations when one battery goes bad and the other battery picks up the load and keeps charging/heating the bad battery until it vents. I don't like multi-lion battery flashlights for this reason no way in an e-cig not in a million years would I do that.

I have a set of the Panasonics as well and they are safer than regular lions, but do you really need to deliver 10amps to an e-cig I don't think so.

Hey VW and welcome. The XINTD C8 ezarcs linked is quality favorite here as well as the lessor expensive similar KD C8 which was my first 2 torches.

Whats a good and pleasant budget vaping forum that you know of. And no BLFers budgetvaporforum.com is not valid domain neither is vaporpoweredforums.com YET lols

Again Welcome

Thanks for the welcome! If you look in my avatar, you'll see several devices that use 18650s.....and I have several more that use 26550s and even stacked 26500s. This is why I'm so intent on learning about these batteries....it's not like we're putting little 10440s under our noses! We (the vaping community in general) are mostly trying to separate our hobby from smoking as much as possible. We use e-cigs to quit smoking......then we use BBPVs (Big Battery Personal Vaporizers) to continue vaping as a hobby. Additionally, vaping with an 18650 BBPV can give me a full day of vaping without worrying about extra batteries where the small "cigarette style" e-cigs are only 100-500mAh, which means you gotta have several batteries on hand at all times. Even further, vaping is all about the wattage. Regular PVs operate at around 3-3.4v off load. BBPVs start at 4.2v off load, go up to 6v with boosted variable voltage BBPVs, and up to 8v using stacked batteries. There is a ton of different ways to vape and a ton of different places you can find your devices.

Hit me up anytime! I'd be happy to talk vaping AND watches with you! I currently have just over 50 BBPVs and just under 200 watches (mostly Invicta but a few high ends sprinkled in there) so I'm always thrilled to discuss my passions!

They are dangerous, no doubt about that. There must be ways to reduce the risk factor to make it safer.

As for the amps? 5v on a dual coil carto with each coil at 1.5ohm = 6.67amps......and there are people who make double barrel mods so, 5v on TWO dual coil cartos is 13.3amps. The second example is a prime example of Darwinism but the first example is a very common practice. I think this is why people are so lackadaisical about battery safety in vaping. People think, "It's only a tiny little coil and it's only vaporizing this liquid...it can't be all that dangerous". The truth is it's not very difficult at all, and actually fairly commonplace, for someone to be vaping at 4amps even on the basic PV you have! Then you have devices like the ProVari that boosts the voltage off of a regular 3.7v battery up to as much as 6v, regularly reaching 6amps and spiking up to 9amps. Throw in the fact the batteries we use are protected and people think, "hey....it's protected! That means no danger!" I've got a lot to learn and then I've got a long battle to get people to understand it's just not that simple.

Thanks. I'll be looking into my first non-wally world flashlight soon so I can see the fergin dogs in the back yard at night (Black dogs and dark night with crappy flashlight= not knowing where your dogs are

Give E-Cigarette Forum (otherwise known as ECF) a shot. They're a little militant over there but they've got a ton of excellent information.

Aloha and welcome to BLF Vapor Watch!

Welcome to BLF! You'll love being here!

Welcome, Vapor Watch.

You'll fit in here just fine. There are several watch folk here, including someone who works on the 'real stuff.' I collect Rado watches from the 60's and 70's for my part....

We all know a flashlight forum like that..

I think there's at least one in every community. You should have seen some of the crazyness I saw in the watch forums!

Welcome!

For starters, C8´s are in general great. For a bit smaller size, maybe a Solarforce?

Don´t do like I did and buy cheapest chargers. Buy a bit better one and good quality/price 18650´s and save money.

As you have already noticed, many hobbies with fiddling around with Li-Ion batteries go hand in hand ;)

Welcome!

I used to play over at ECF back in '09 or so. My best mod is my Precise P18. I have enough mods and vaping paraphernalia to supply a small village now. What I usually do is allocate a certain amount of $ for atties every month and stock them in my little Plano storage box so I have 200 or so atties now in my stable. some 510's and some rn4075s (901). The 901's and 4075's vape a little bit differently from eachother and I really like the 4075's better. Not many places carry these anymore, But TW still does but markets them as DSE901's. In the last couple of years tho I make my orders from China sellers. E put me on to Priceangels 510 atties for $2.13 if you order 10 or more, and I have been happy with them so far.

As for juice I am a DIY'er. I make Black Tea anD Lychee(Litchi) using flavoring from Perfumers Apprentice.

EDIT: I forgot what year , but I actually spoke at one of the legislative hearings locally when the war on vaping was on

Anyhow...

Welcome and enjoy!

Yup! You certainly have enough equipment to make it through the Zombie Apocalypse! You can never be too prepared!!! On top of your insane collection of atties, adding a Precise to it....wow! Is it a Precice plus? Either way, I envy your PV!

I've currently got just north of 50 BBPVs, my best being ProVari, Grip VV Feeder, and GVM Groove but really, they're my favorites by a very slim margin. I actually a very large portion of my PVs on a regular basis. The PVs I don't use I have so I can show my viewers what they are when they ask about it.

I'm pretty picky about my atties so I either order straight from the manufacturer in group buys or from specific dealers I know without a shadow of a doubt are using the atties I like.

I'm also a DIYer....but not 100% of my juices are home made....maybe half at this point. Being a host on a network, I like to stay aware of what all the vendors are doing so I can point new vapers to what they need.

I'm pretty well versed on vaping and how it works so I'm tackling batteries now so I can help make people safer.

It's good to have you here, Vapor Watch.

Thanks for the link. :smiley:

Couldn’t find one from the link, :cry:
18650 mod i really like the 18650 batteries for vaping :stuck_out_tongue: