Help a newbie pick a C8

That’s my daily driver. It’s a smart Roadster.

Cool car :slight_smile:

smart Roadster its my favorite car)

Maybe not, but they absolutely will take money from your Debit Card account — even if it’s an overdraft — even though you have enough to cover the price already in your PayPal account.

Ask me how long — and how good a relationship you’ll need to have with your bank — it will take to correct this absurd PayPal-ism.

Still, for all it’s warts and weirdness, PayPal is still the best way to keep suppliers from knowing your account number. I’m just not comfortable any more having PayPal knowing my account numbers!!

Full disclosure, I still use them; since I set the whole thing up with a “throwaway account” with a Debit Card attached, into which I only put the money I need to cover purchases. If it gets burgled I don’t lose much.

Sorry for the OT rant, but it needed to be said.

The bank account of the free DVD software ImgBurn (DVDDecrypter) developer was frozen by PayPal. Haven’t been to his site for years, but he posted his experience on his Web site.

I haven’t read that story, but I’m gonna go ahead and say that it is, in fact, impossible for PayPal to freeze your bank account. It doesn’t belong to them, so they have no right to do that sort of thing. I’ll be happy to change my stance if proven wrong, obviously. Where exactly on his site was the story accessible? I just glanced at his site and haven’t found it. By the way, he still uses PayPal, apparently. He has a PayPal Donate button on his site. :wink:

They can’t freeze your bank account, but they can certainly empty it and any credit/debit cards you have attached to your PayPal account too.

What I find strange is if you have issues with a bank or financial institution, you have multiple levels of protection or people you can turn too for help, from government agencies to the financial ombudsman who can force the bank to correct any mistakes they make.
Not to mention a whole range of laws to protect or compensate the consumer

With paypal, all you get is their helpline email and a their decision is final and we’ll make the rules up as we go along attitude ,as who’s going to stop us?, and if we think of better rules/terms and conditions to screw you over with, well then, we will email them to you once a month, just our way of saying thanks for using PayPal and f**k you

Years ago there were many, many reports of PayPal freeze. Things must have turned for the better.

I just Googled for “paypal account freeze warning” and got some hits.
One of them is “PayPalSucks.com

Most of those are where Paypal froze a Paypal account, not a bank account.

They most certainly will drain all your money, and more — causing overdraft charges and other grief, even if you have the money in your Paypal account to cover the purchase — but that’s not technically “freezing” a bank account.

After what a simple Walmart.com purchase ended up costing me, I would have much preferred it if they had “frozen” my bank account!

When you make payments, PayPal used to prompt you for your bank account number so that PP can use your bank account for the source of funds rather than from credit card.

The lights are here!
I had a chance to play with them and they are nice. Not as much output as I was expecting but nice none the less.

Question:
Both Qlite drivers are 7135*8 which I assumed to mean it came with 8 chips however both only have 4 chips. Does that mean the emittier is receiving 4*350mA = 1.4A?
With a freshly charged NCR18650PF at 4.21VDC I read 2.93A on the Solarforce and 2.81A on the XinTD both at the tailcap.
Would adding 4 more chips bring the total to 2.8A at the emitter?
Would that cause any problems for the battery, emitter or excessive heat?

I want moar lumenzzzzz J)

There are 4 more chips on the other side of the driver. Adding an additional 4 would add 1400ma before losses. The XinTD would handle the heat just fine, the solarforce would probably be ok as long as the drop in is wrapped very tightly. It wouldn’t cause problems with the battery, but some batteries might not be able to provide over 4 amps

The driver is 2 sided, so there's probably 4 more on the opposite side. Look at the chips closely and you should see a 38 on them if you bought xintd's, that means they're higher binned 380mA chips, and it 3,040mA (3.04A) drivers. I stacked for a total of 12 on mine and the amp draw went up a lot, they're brighter than they were for sure.

Lol pilotdog beat me to it! I was using a multimeter to check the amp draw at first and it was reading low. I finally broke down and bought a good name brand clamp meter and I think the readings are true. I am getting 3.85A 7135*12*380 With a Sanyo ur18650fm 2600mah laptop pull. I still don't quite understand vF of LEDs. The same battery in an xpg2 triple puts out over 9A so I doubt my battery is a bottleneck here.

The batteries I bought are capable of 10A continuous so that shouldnt be a problem.

How much current can the LEDs handle continuous?
I assume worse case scenario the LED overcurrents or overheats and burns up?

Being on a noctigon board 5+ amps is what I'm shooting for when I get my next parts order from mtnelectronics. I don't know how much an xml2 or xpg2 will even do in a flashlight but I want to find out. Do a search and it will bring up matchs led tests in a simulated "perfect" world with unlimited heatsinking.

Yep that’s how it should look. Most of the electronics are inside the pill. And like zoom said, those chips are 380ma each.

Wow, that’s some nice soldering on the XinTD

OK, I think I’ll get a few chips and play.

I just wanted to double check that nothing is going to explode :wink: