Help a newbie to choose a flashlight for under 30$ ?

I am from Canada… ordering from USA are pretty expensive!
20$ for two batteries + 10$ shipping + 5 to 10$ for customs fee and tax = US $35 to $40 for 2 batteries !

I found this Panasonic at great price (10$ for two, shipping included) from fasttech
But when I checkout, I don’t have any shipping option to ship to Canada (all option don’t sell batteries to Canada)

It’s very hard to find good 18650 batteries at good price ?

Have you tried Banggood? “[link]”:http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-18650-Battery-And-Case—c-2022-s-1170v7517.html

Normally I buy a lot from Banggood.
But, since I am a flashlight/ batteries newbie, I wonder how to choose between all models available. It’s very hard :SICK:

- I don’t know if a 5$ battery perform like a 30$ battery? I presuming that no. But can I guess the quality by the price ?

- What is the most important thing to check ? (Other than mAh).

- It is a clue when the cell brand is not specified (what is cell brand recommended?)

- Some batteries can be charged 500 times and other 1000 (and not specified for other). Is it a reliable information or just marketing?

Cheap, Fast, Good _ Pick any two. That’s the adage about purchasing consumer goods. With regard to batteries, it’s getting to the point where consumers will only have a choice of ONE.

Read through this discussion, then come back with any questions that you might have: mAh/voltage and how it affects which battery I should choose - #16 by 1dash1 - Rechargeable Batteries - BudgetLightForum.com

I have never been hit with customs or brokerage fees with orders from MTN. This includes orders of around CAD200.

If you absolutely want/need protected cells, go with MTN. None of the quality cells come with protection circuits from the factory. These are added by a 3rd party and depending on quality and workmanship can greatly defeat its purpose. MTN’s cells have Japanese Seiko protection components. He packages cells responsibly for shipping. Chinese vendors are a hit-or-miss re. packaging. You will also have your cells in around a week, vs. 4-6 weeks.

The Panasonic GAs linked above are a great option. The LG MJ1s are equivalent. The cheaper Panasonic PFs have slightly higher current drive, at the expense of slightly lower capacity. The cheap Samsung 26F is a great value for money cell. Buy 4 cells to offset the shipping cost, or add a light or two to the order. You will find a use for all the cells.

The choices are many; I’ll add another: The “torch club” of Manker;

It is robust, reliable and good in camping and urban exploration, from Bandgood costs about $ 29 (with coupon) and, believe me, is totally worth.

EE X6 CREE XP-L HI V21A 1200LM 4Modes <$22, 3A NW <$23
New Edition Convoy C8 Cree XM - L2 U2 - 1A 960Lm 7135 x 8 <$15
+1 on D80
So, at these prices, at this time, get two. i.e. an XP-L & XM-L so you can have a little strange once one is your EDC/fav and you are still at $35US

” LiitoKala lii - 100 USB Smart Universal Battery Charger <$4”:http://www.everbuying.net/product1121660.html
Liitokala Lii - 500 LCD Battery Charger <$24 US

Protected might not play well with all tubes, but safer for newb…. EE X6 & D80 recent batch takes them; ; s2+ is a squeeze
1x NCR18650B 18650 3400mAh 3.7V Protected USD 3.53 with code

4x NCR18650B 18650 3400mAh 3.7V Protected USD 13.60 with code

In the spirit of budget…you can start here for $25ish or even $23ish if you get the eb points applied to 1st order
that’s the new convoy c8 on sale, LiitoKala lii-100, and 1x NCR18650B that another thread here has had several members order and confirm authentic.

…option to keep in line with original budget, or splurge a little and still come out spending what you have already upgraded your budget to as the thread and your research expanded

edit: flat tops: 4 PCs of ICR18650 - 26FM 3.7V 18650 2600mAh $11.40 US

the chemistry and amount/level of discharge and recharge actually affect this quite a bit, babied bats last longer, abused/tortured have shorter lives

Here is my recommendation:
http://www.illumn.com/olight-s20r-baton-xm-l2-550-lumens-2-x-cr123a-1-x-18650.html

That vendor is a regular here with great feedback.
The flashlight is pretty bright with a great UI. Comes with a battery and charger and is at a great price right now.
Tempted to buy one myself but I already have a S10R, S15R and S30 so… trying to hold off.

Can’t go wrong with that vendor or the Olight S-series.

FB