HELP Choose a Thrower

i am planning to buy a thrower
there are 2 lights that i am considering right now
1:Manker U21
n2:Klarus XT12GT
the Klarus has more significant lumens(400), but i like the build of Manker u21
So, which should i get, i already have Astrolux S2, but still want something more powerful, and has USB charging

There is a groupbuy for a light looking almost identical to the Manker but for $38 at Gearbest

Is there any cheaper thrower but that host can take only 18650 battery not 26650 ?

But the group buy will close at 15 dec, which is late for my x-mas present
It usually takes 2-3 week to ship to my place
And if i choose DHL, the shipping cost will be high

Definitely astrolux s2(aka blf x6)

for 18650 light, I think a Convoy/Thorfire C8 is solid foundation

Yes if you must have it in by Xmas you probably need to buy local.

Hmm looks interesting, I saw this light earlier but I did not pay attention.
I will look for some reviews first, I see it on banggood 33$ which is ok price.

I have multiple C8 and C12 and I need some stronger light… It is very desirable to beat b158 HI V3 in throw, budget is 35$.

Best avoided I think, it’s looking like it’s performing below the advertised specs. Seems to be a regular thing at the moment :frowning:

Maybe the throw is not as far as c8, but it’s more compact and solid
And the Glass is Ar
The driver is direct driver, outperform 8*7135 driver
The illuminated tailcap is very cool, too

hmm must have missed the low performing
Tom measured 1.08A at the LED in the original Manker, and giorgoskok measured 2.6A at the tail, so that seems enough to give the XHP35 (that outputs a lot of luens at 2.6A) the 1.08A needed for it to do 1300 lumens as claimed. But could be wrong of course, the Manker and Utorch seems very similar in all aspects.

your number, is quite wrong, i guess
if the current at the tail just 2.6A, no way can it drive XHP35 to 1300+ Lumen

ok, I am not an expert in these things :slight_smile:
I just know from Tom that 1.08A makes the XHP35hi in the same setup do 1300+ lumens and that is ~40% of the 2.6A that is measured in the utorch so leyman me thinks nice :wink:

EDIT: yeah reading the thread, seems both Manker and Utorch are not that good of a choice sadly.

yeah, you are misunderstanding
the 1.08A mean the current run through led, and XHP35 is 12V led, so the power is about 13W
but the 2.6A is the current run through TAILCAP, and the voltage of battery is about 4V. so the power of flashlight(not led, because the driver consumes some power, too) is about 9W
See the difference
BTW, in some review, the manker u21 has 5.5A run through tailcap

There is a XHP35 HI E4 on market thats a higher bin and should get more lumens than stock D4 bin

I managed to open my XT11GT with a little heat and without doing any optical damage to it, they seem to use little blue locktight