Help confused newb pick a shotgun flashlight?

Here’s where I am so far. The mount came today.

It actually stands away a little more than I was expecting. I could technically fit 2.44” or so diameter on there - probably wouldn’t want to go that big, but I saw a 3xXM-L, 2x18650 today with a 2.24” head so that’s on the table if I decide to stick with the 2 battery idea. The switch on the UF-F4 (and I assume most others will be similar) will line up with the second hole in the heat shield. Every single time I grab it and raise it, my thumb is at the third - that’s just so perfect, so I have my fingers crossed.

It looks kind of ill-fitting at the flashlight, but that’s the way it’s designed. Only the “middle section” of the three sections is holding it in, and it’s got a layer of rubber inside. It’s designed so that you can release the flashlight quickly. But it’s strong as heck - you can easily handle the entire shotgun by the flashlight.

I got the UF-F4 today and I couldn’t be happier.

I know people warned me that it wouldn’t be brighter with two batteries, but I wanted the single mode, switch placement, and hopefully longer shelf life. But it’s about half again as bright as my 502B - competing with my Home Depot Super Thrower in brightness if not in beam, and I haven’t shot it yet, but it looks like the spot part of the beam is just about the size of a spread pattern.

The pic’s not that great - futzing with an SLR while holding a shotgun up in the air with your left hand is right out, but I wanted to show my natural thumb placement in relation to the tailcap switch and the beam, so you get a phone pic.

I won’t be able to torture test it for a few weeks, but if it stands up to that, I might have a keeper (unless I go bigger - like a multi-emitter - and then, gee - I’ve have to test it some more)

Looks good!

I think a multi-emitter light is going to be over-kill. There also aren't many 1-mode multi-emitter lights.

after saying that you want lots of overall light, I’m not sure what other lights can do this but the Crelant 7G5V2 (not in production, now the 7G5CS) can unscrew the head leaving the bare emitter which allows it to act as a 180 degree light. It can also be used in configurations of 1X 18650 or 2X 18650s. You might be able to find some on eBay. I would pick the V2 over the CS though, because it’s lighter but if weight isn’t a priority to you then maybe you will like the CS

The keygos ke-5 can also be used in candle mode, with the east-092 driver, its pretty damm bright on high and the od of the bezel is less than 2”. Might be worth a look.