Help find budget headlight

I found this model in local market:

LINK
Can I find same one on aliexpress?

I don’t know, but this is the cheapest aliexpress 1*AA headlamp I’ve found (about 4$…):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Print-Logo-AA-Multifunctional-Headlight-Nightlight-Runing-Light-Fishing-Camping-Lamp-Searchlight-3LED-4Modes-ABS/32705064956.html

And it also doesn’t seem too bad…

I wonder how it compares to 3xAAA headlamp…anyone tried it?

Thank you for information.

Any idea about the utility of the black extractable lip on the top of this headlamp?

Actually I was also wondering about that “thing”. :slight_smile:
If you cover the top of the headlight - perhaps it could be used by someone on bicycle to not blind the cars?

I thought it was to harvest rainwater.

pretty sure it’s not a light that would blind anyone …Or harvest rainwater … I think thats where you add the kerosene.

Or maybe you must put there pill against Mosquitos.

Pretty sure its a little cover so you don’t blind people. Nice little feature.

At the end, i bought this cheap 4$ 1*AA headlamp… I admit, just curiosity! :wink:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Print-Logo-AA-Multifunctional-Headlight-Nightlight-Runing-Light-Fishing-Camping-Lamp-Searchlight-3LED-4Modes-ABS/32705064956.html

It arrived and I tested it…what I have to say? Well…it works! :wink:

Not too much lumen (i think 50/70 lumen at maximum power, half at low power) but just enough, ie, for hiking at night (this is my main use of headlamps). Good light flow, not too large nor too narrow.

Plastics feel like a child toy and it is a little more bulky than the Lixada headlamp I already have, but it seems robust enough for real use, and if one wants a really cheap headlamp, I’d surely would prefer this one over the crappy cheap 3*AAA headlamps you’ll find for few bucks in china stores.

But having some more budget, the 8$ Lixada headlamp feels surely better…
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LIXADA-LED-Headlamp-Flashlight-White-Red-Strobe-Emergency-Waterproof-headlight-Camping-Fishing-Light-IPX6-head-torch/32683405187.html

Has anyone seen this?

It takes the cake for cheapness, but offer red and white LED.

Sanyi AA Red/White XPE LED Headlamp $2.22

Damn… don’t show me these types of things!

I obviously have just bought it immediately… just wait it to arrive and I’ll write something about it!

And then I have to find another nephew to give it after testing :slight_smile:

Got mine today. Nice beam pattern, but LB led with greenish tint. Very bad PWM on low. I also have the other AA headlamp mentioned in this thread, but I prefer this one and it is even less than half the price :slight_smile:

Thanks for the photo of the inside, I was curious!

As expected, it is really “minimalistic” :wink:

Does it have a gasket? (I don’t see it and BTW for 2$ I won’t complaint if it doesn’t have one…)

No gasket… Making this one waterproof would be difficult. I actually changed the led to a old xp-g to se how it affected the beam. The beam changed from round to more toward square with rounded corners. Will probably change it to a NW xp-e2 and use the headlamp for close up work indoors.

Any guess about lumen in high/low? (or simply some consumption measure…)

Any developments for budget headlamps? Anyone see anything new and interesting out there?