Help in new buy a thrower :)

I’m a fan of both reflectored and aspherical flashlight, but to me the downside of aspherical flashlight is the lens would generally shift the light into cooler even purplish tint, unless you are not too concern about the tint. That said I only own budget aspherical flashlights at this moment so you may not want to take my words for it, probably premium lights like Xsearcher may not have this problem at all.

All aspherical flashlighs have little color aberrations especially at the edges when fully focused but that disappears when you defocus them (glass towards emitter because if you do opposite blue color may appear which is characteristic of dereelight aspherics because sweet spot is somewhere at the half way )

You simply don't notice that in a field just at white wall.

Hate to admit but "Unique (my ass) fire T20" has the best focusing system(same but better than original Wolf Eyes Nighthunter because unique knockoff has better lenses ).

A60 is cheaper at GearBest.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_15296.html

We use mainly maxtochs for hunting but I also have a Jacob A60 on one rifle - daylight at 100m on the bunnies. One of the best value/performance lights I know of. As usual it can be a bit of a lottery getting a reasonable quality one at this level of the market.

Lumin…what did you do to mod the C10 to 140kcd? This is a very useful little hunter/outdoor light and the jump to 140 from about 40kcd? would make it super useful - esp because of flood to throw. did this mean even tighter hotspot - its already v small - or are you increasing lumens in a big way with new led/resistor mod/AR etc? Issues reseating/refocussing led? Be interested in the details. Is there a thread/pics on the C10 mod?

Is anyone offering C10s for sale at the moment? Okay here’s one seller still maybe offering them:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Small-Sun-ZY-C10-S-Cree-Q5-3-Modes-230-Lumens-zoomable-Practical-LED-Flashlight-Torch/1534790030.html

Very happy with my smallsun t13.

Nothing special friend,

Try following recipe: Nanjg 105 C with 8× 7138 AMC chips + XP G2 S2 1A Dedomed, artic silver or alumina underneath the star, put copper spring insead nanjg original one, bridge main switch with copper braid. 22AWG high strand silicone wire is highly recommended.

In fact almost all guys here do this way of modding.

I think I saw thread of someone modding C10 here but I can't find it on search.

interesting zoomable c10

Can anyone find lumapower turboforce head or solarforce masterpiece 1 head at acceptable price? They were very extreeme reflector flashlights at their time(2007 2008)

This mentioned and modded reflectors should kill Jacob for more than 30% of additional throw.

I had them and they were extreme even with 1A XRE (EZ1000). Can not find seller that has them at acceptable price any more.

I think modded Lumapower with turbo force head should take win as a furthest throwing commercial available single 18650 reflector light.

Not sure what a solarforce masterpiece 1 head is but I have access to 3 dead solarforce “M1 turbo head’s” form a US dealer, they will give me the price of $20/ea but I have to take all 3.

They’re all I’m great condition and all parts are there, just not working. Let me know if I can get you setup with them. I could also fix/build them for you while I was at it. Also I may be interested in one, if you wanted the other two but like I said I have to take ’em all if I want them.

I think I have that Masterpiece 1 somewhere

What’s an acceptable price for a Masterpiece I or maybe a Skyline I or Skyline II?

Guys I am not from USA. That means big shipping cost + additional costums tax.

Most preferable for me would be classic HK,CN,SG registered post. I don't have to pay tax up to 30$ value of merchandise or to 100EUR if goods from EU.

Lumapower turbo is greater beast than SMP1.

Acceptable price would be if I can buy for example head up to 30$ free shipping in one package and host up to 20$.

In this combination I would not have to pay additional tax. And I think this is the case with all Europe countries.

Shipping out of country in two packages kills that deal, I would probably clear less than $10 on that deal.

I think that for my two 18650 flashlight, I will go for this one:

https://www.dx.com/p/fandyfire-cree-xm-l-t6-600lm-5-mode-memory-white-flashlight-grey-2-x-18650-213660#.U8o_TLHruu8

works with one 18650 also
cool white (I prefer cool white)
has mode memory

If I will ever learn modding, do you think it could be a good host?

Yes. Of course it will be good host. Saabluster has selling modded Fandy's long time ago in his Onestopthrowshop.

The MaxToch's are all great throwers, superior parts/design out of the box, but if the price is too steep, I highly recommend the Yezl Y3 in single cell format. Great quality, great price, great throw: wallbuys.comYEZL-Y3-XM-L2-T6.

I've bought 3 of these from WallBuys - double bubble wrapped in a heavier type box, no scratch's, 18650 converter. For this price range, great features:

• true SS bezel
  • bigger reflector than a HD2010, T08, or T13
  • XM-L2 LED
  • uni-body pill design, excellent heat sinking
  • tail switch for power, side switch for Hi-Med-Lo modes (strobe - hold button down)
  • has reliable mode memory
  • pretty big size hot spot

I have no clue why this light hasn't become more popular here - I only can think lack of knowledge, and that it's from WallBuys (other vendors too, but have different configurations), and there has not been any group buys on it.

Stock, out of the box: 2.50A at the tail on a KK 4000 unprotected, ~830 lumens OTF, 61 kcd throw (that's 494 meters)

(Note: I got slightly better #'s experimenting with batteries, finding a KK 4200 cell that did well with this light)

Modified these Y3's are outstanding of course, but stock, to get this kind of throw and output from only 2.5A is pretty unique for a budget light.

More info here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24076, post #77 has the stock #'s for the 1st Y3 I bought, different cell.

Most likely a simple mod of copper wiring the tailcap spring will boost these stock #'s.

marswallace - that FandyFire from DX is an XML, not XM-L2, no SS bezel, says only 2A. No way, no how can it throw as good as this Y3. The reflector size appears to be about the same, but the most important spec is the Inner Diameter, and the Yezl Y3 beats anything I've measured in this general size.

That STL-V6 clone will be 36 kcd to as high as 52 kcd - several sources, but think the 47 kcd # is about right, post #14 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8601

More info: I got MaxToch's, T13's, T08's, HD2010's, Warsun X60, and several more high end and lower end throwers and the Y3 is my favorite in this size.

i have the yezl y3 to its true what Tom E say.

You know I am interested in a Skyline I and II....

omg! and this? 3000ma? really?

http://www.dx.com/p/fandyfire-stl-v6-cree-xm-lt6-2-mode-1000-lumen-white-led-flashlight-2x18650-3x16340-3x123a-91137#.U8q4FrHruu8

This looks like a STL-V6 equal and I do like Supfire quality, and a whole lot cheaper here than the STL-V6: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27823. I'm thinking of ordering one, though I'm too thrilled with classic two 18650 series lights anymore -- this style is pretty dated.